- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 22.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 €)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Resistance Type: Non-Rebuildable Owners, Non-Rebuildable Owners with Temperature Control
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The partnership Innokin / Dimitris Agrafiotis / Phil Busardo is again in the spotlight, after the Ares (RTA-MTL ø24 mm), Zenith (MTL ø24,75 mm) and the Z-Biip Pod System Kit, here is a MTL atomizer in ø 22,75mm (clearomizer) in full continuity of the trend a little "retro" of the moment, the vape in indirect inhalation, an essential tool of transition for who wants to do without the tobacco "traditional" by opting for the vape.
The Chinese factory has joined since 2 years now, two "monuments" of the vape, internationally recognized as such, the reviewer arch competitor Phil Busardo and his colleague no less qualified, Dimitris Agrafiotis (since 2013 the boss of the live-vape -team that animates and produces the Live Vape Show). Both based in the USA, they participated in many forums / discussions during exhibitions around the world, in the company, among others convinced Professor Farsalinos. In other words, Innokin, present since 2011, now plays with a royal flush at the table of vape hardware builders. In addition to the indisputable marketing promotion offered by these big names, the expertise, experience and technical skills of these "veterans" add real and significant added value in research and development (do not sleep Chinese isn 't it?).
You can order online or buy in this shop, available in four different colors, at the price of 22,90 €, an attractive price in consideration of the qualities it has and that we will develop during this test. Material that, according to Innokin, is not intended to replace the Zenith, which he is close but intends to make improvements, expected by the fans users of the latter, see this.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 22.7
- Length or height of the product in mm as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 33
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 60
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Delrin, Pyrex
- Type of Form Factor: Diver
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 6
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Drip-Tip excluded: 5
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 2
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
With an empty weight of 60g equipped with its resistance, the Zlide can be considered an ato in diameter 22mm, although the airflow adjustment ring at its base reaches 2,75mm. It measures 46mm high with its drip-tip, and its capacity is 2 ml, provided by a glass tank of ø 20 mm (outside). The filling is done by the top cap which slides as indicated by a double red arrow.
I searched the web, I did not find information on the metal material used, the weight, I would look for a stainless steel, black lacquered for the model of the test. We will detail further the various features of this atomizer, which differs from Zenith by two characteristics, one of which is both aesthetic and functional, the drip-tip acting as security (closing the sliding system for filling) is no longer inserted in a dwelling exceeding the top cap.
It is a well designed material, well done, sober and discreet. Consisting of six main parts (not counting the resistance), it can be disassembled for a complete cleaning.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through a setting of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mm maximum of the air regulation possible: 3.2
- Minimum diameter in mm of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: Positioning of the adjustable air regulation effectively
- Spray chamber type: Chimney type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
We are in the presence of a MTL clearomizer equipped with proprietary resistors type Z from Innokinyou have two in the package but the entire Z series is compatible with this atomizer, you will find them for purchase, as a possible replacement tank, on the site of our partner, mentioned at the beginning of the review.
Filling is done only after lifting the drip-tip (leaving one of the two O-rings visible), you can then push the top cap and release the fill light (6,75 X 3,25mm).
Once filled, the drip-tip put back in place, it is impossible to open the system inadvertently, it is an initiative that contributes to more security and functionality included that does not weigh down the equipment.
The fixed part of the top cap once mounted on the body of the ato, extends inside the tank (chimney) and comes at the end of the top of the resistance, only sealed by a small O-ring, pressed to the tightening of the base / tank / top cap assembly, the body serving to receive the two screwed parts, once the resistance nested and the reservoir set up between its two silicone sealing seals.
The base consists of a stainless steel receiver pierced with four air holes (air intake vents) and their adjusting ring, it will screw on the openwork metal part (body) which also serves as a tank protection, the previously nested resistor will then be firmly positioned, as well as the air inlet adjusting ring. Again, a multiple function design simple, effective and very cleanly done. Note that it is the resistor that acts as 510 connection, its sealing at the top is provided by an O-ring.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Short
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
The 510 drip-tip exceeds 12mm of the top cap, it seems to be in Delrin bicolor, dark gray and light gray. Its useful opening is of 3,2mm, in extension of its base a cylinder of 5mm of diameter enters in the fixed part of the top cap, thus preventing the maneuver of opening of the removable cap. Another completely black and cylindrical drip-tip, with similar useful opening is provided, it does not have the appendage to lock the opening system to the filling.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is in a white cardboard box, provided with a ribbon to extract it from its surroundings like a drawer, that arrived your acquisition. Inside, in a thermoformed rigid plastic shell is the fully assembled and functional atomizer.
Beneath this piece are two sachets containing for the first, a Z coil coil KAL (Kanthal) of 1,6Ω and for the other this:
A complete set of replacement O-rings, a filling system seal, a positive pin isolator (?) - a drip-tip - a spare tank - and two micro Torx screws for fixing the sliding filler system .
A thank you card for your purchase and a user manual in French complete this description. A perfectly correct packaging, well supplied in hardware, also note a conditioning effort, with a description and a warning in French, directly on the outer packaging.
You can also check the authenticity of your equipment from the manufacturer's website using the security code you have previously discovered on the box.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Filling facilities: Easy, even standing in the street
- Facilities for changing resistances: Easy, even standing in the street
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of E-Juice? No
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 3.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Before filling your atomizer, you will need to start the resistance (especially cotton) by soaking the central part and the outside lights with juice. This operation is tricky to operate, mounted resistance, but it is feasible with a dropper sufficiently fine to allow you to access where it is needed inside the tank. The option of priming before mounting is of course highly recommended.
The originally installed Z-PLEX3D 0.48Ω Kanthal 3D mesh coil (Sic), is a sub-ohm resistor whose resistive value, at first glance, seems rather inconsistent with the type of vape that this atomizer offers. The low and high values (13 to 16W) proposed, are also well below the standards applied by the vapers who consult the results of equations of the law of Ohm.
Phil Busardo himself will explain in a dedicated video, that it is quite possible to go quiet on low powers with this kind of coil. There are, of course, reasons for this, and not least; let's not forget that we steam in MTL, a tight vape that does not allow to cool the coil by the suction of a large amount of fresh air. Also keep in mind that a tight vape allows a period of "storage" of steam in the mouth, where are located our taste sensors, the pleasure of tasting a good juice it also counts. Finally, let's remember that with 2ml of capacity, a vape with high power will force you to refill juice quite frequently, while vapouring spray, we consume less and the coil lasts longer.
You wisely waited a minute or two after refueling, you have carefully set your equipment to 14 or 15W, you have started the capillary movement by pulsing two or three times a second or two, at least two vents are open ... Perfect, you will be able to vaper. In doing so, you will play on the air openings to find your Grail.
I experimented this ato with the two resistances, on a fruity juice (Hi 3 of Vapeflam in 30 / 70).
At 0,48Ω, the Z Plex (at 16W) all open, sends a good flavor, a quantity of honest steam and makes a tank last a good hour, at a sustained rate of draw (review required).
The Z-KAL 1,6Ω to 12W all open too, gives a vape less hot, a similar flavor with a less dense volume of steam and makes even longer the pleasure.
Vaping below the recommended values can lead to leaks due to lack of vaporization, vape above these values will damn increase the "chances" of suffering a dry hit and having to prematurely discard its resistance. With this atomizer, we forget the mechaca to comply with the ranges of power advised you need a regulated box to control parameters (VV and VW minimum).
One last point to raise, the maintenance of your atomizer; it is completely dismantled, the filling system included. However, you will need a Torx micro screwdriver and a workspace to avoid losing the two screws and the stop ball. Clean the flexible parts (seals) apart from the rest and at a temperature not exceeding 40 ° C. The use of sodium bicarbonate is highly recommended, in prolonged bath (like a night), to eliminate residual flavors when you want to change juice.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronic
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? A regulated mod to avoid overpower
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: Hardware and resistances supplied and regulated box
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Material and resistances supplied and regulated box
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I have to tell you, at this stage of this review, that it is not my vape, it was, at first but I moved to more "naughty" equipment for a few years now and it 's me is now difficult to properly appreciate a tight vape.
Difficult but not impossible, especially when I remember the period when I stopped overnight, smoking after 35 years of smoking with an eVod! You said vape MTL, we were there (no pun intended).
But, to think about it, the first goal of the vape is indeed to stop smoking. It is also admitted in our vapo-system, that a smooth transition, whether with the right equipment and the adequate juice sufficiently dosed in nicotine, is very effective for someone motivated.
This is exactly the thinking of Phil Busardo and his friend, and many other names in this misty and fragrant universe, the Zlide is a digest of everything that has developed from almost ten years to today. It is a reliable material, designed in the spirit of the original vapors, safe and efficient, practical and discreet, economical and inexpensive to purchase.
So here we have a perfect tool to start the vape and end with an ugly habit. You know what you have left to do.
Excellent vape to you, see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.