- Sponsor who loaned the product for the review: VapExperience http://www.vapexperience.com/
- Price of the tested product: 66.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 65 watts
- Maximum voltage: 12
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Small box has great power, able to shoot resistances from 0.2ohm. It is currently the smallest box capable of delivering 65 Watts.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 35
- Product Length or Height in mms: 85
- Product weight in grams: 110
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Very nice well assembled box, too bad that we do not have a hatch lock system more convenient to use.
Even if Smok advises to dedicate an accumulator for the box and to do recharging only by USB, it is common to have to change a battery simply because we forgot to recharge.
Another point on which they could have made an effort: the protection of electronics.
Nothing protects the latter from mishandling by inserting a battery. Certainly sliders cut in the mass are there to "guide" the battery and keep it in the right position but an accident is very quickly arrived.
For the rest it's all good, assemblies are very good, the box is really light and very small.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
very easy to use box, the menu contains only 2 functions.
3 clicks on the fire button allow you to enter the menus.
The 1 function that will allow you to switch from variable wattage mode to meca mode and the 2 function that will be used to stop the box completely.
5 clicks on the fire will lock the box and ... 5 others will unlock it.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Packing very complete, there is an ego / 510 adapter, a user guide, a btr type key to open the battery compartment of the box and spare screws in case of loss of the latter and of course the cable USB allowing charging.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Box easy to live, we ride his ato, we adjust the power of vape and fire!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? the panel is wide, the box accpesses resistance from 0.2ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: 1.2ohm, kraken to 0.6 ohm, and mephisto to 0.3ohm.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There is no ideal configuration with this box, its power allows you to mount everything.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
What a surprise that this little gem, at first doubtful (still a mini box) and then excited (huh? 65w in there?)
Smok has managed to move the other mini boxes of the market to the rank of outdated equipment.
Indeed in this volume very content we find a chipset able to handle very low resistance (0.2ohm) and send 65w (after upgrade but the latest batch is already up to date)
Only function that I find personally useless: the mod meca.
As much as the latter takes all its meaning on an electro which does not manage the low resistances but when one is able to shoot 0.2ohm, the function loses for me all its interest.
Anyway, this little box works wonders and does the job without complaining.
Although there are still some perfectible details (the replacement of the batteries, and the protection of the electronics), it is a great achievement signed Smok
Another big thank you to Vap Experience for the loan of this bombinette !!
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.