- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: vapexperience
- Price of the tested product: 66.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 65 watts
- Maximum voltage: 14
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Smok presents his interpretation of the mini box. Small and powerful since it reaches the 65 watts. A box that is placed in the mid-range, 66,90 €, and represents an excellent gateway to the world of boxes for those who want a discreet model and very powerful. Icing on the cake it offers a mechanical mode and this is a real novelty in this type of products.
Associated with a subtank mini or a good dreeper you will have a very powerful setup at a reasonable price.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 37
- Product Length or Height in mms: 85
- Product weight in grams: 115
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first glance this xpro m50 appeared to me rather pretty.
It is a little larger than a Istick the case is aluminum / zinc alloy, the aluminum is sandblasted, anodized a beautiful matte black (in my case).
The design is nice, one side has deep streaks that serve to dissipate heat, the other side is concave and welcomes the buttons. The buttons are not adjusted to the hair so it moves a little, it's not the disaster, it does not play maracas but we still knew better.
On the other hand the only thing that will be a problem for some is the fact that the chipset is not encaspsulated, protected, isolated. So when you open the bottom cap to insert your battery, you will have a breathtaking view of the electronics embedded by the beast ... I know, it may seem strange, but at the same time, you do not intend to wash the inside of the box with big water, is not it?
Everything is properly assembled, but I know that it will shock some ... Personally it was my case the first days.
The overall feeling remains very positive and in my opinion the value for money remains very good, as shown by the score obtained: 3.1
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, support firmware update
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This mod has everything you need where you need it. The securities are all there. The operation is simple, 5 clicks on, 5 clicks one locks and three one enters the menu which allows either the stop of the mod is the passage in mod meca. The chipset delivers you a smooth vape, and the puffs can go up to 12 seconds. There is no limit diameter, but above 22 mm it will overflow. The spring pin guarantees the flush of your setup. In short I feel good become my future mini box ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The conditioning is cured just right. A box rigid cardboard, the box is well wedged in a foam. Hidden above the USB cable and the ego adapter.
Again do not expect to find a notice in French. In short a correct conditioning in the right average, but not enough to unclog a bottle of champagne.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The product is very easy to use I already told you about the use of buttons. The battery does not change easily, since it is necessary to dismount the four screws of the bottom cap, at the same time smok recommends not to leave too often his battery, and advises to charge it via the USB port.
Note in passing that the mod can be used during its reloading.
Not really, this little box will satisfy you fully I'm sure.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all possible in 22 for aesthetics
- Description of the test configuration used: Single and double coil from 0,4 to 1,5 ohm, fiber freaks,
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: a good ato in dreeper or double coil cotton or fiber tank
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I will be brief. At first I must tell you that it's been a month since I can not choose a compact box to accompany me on a daily basis. The mini cloupor, the ipv mini, the istick 30w, the sigeilei ... everything goes, I can not hang on anything ...
And here I try this Xpro m50, well here I found. Sober but original, the finish of this box is more than correct given its price. The grip is good and the coating has a non-slip side. The vape is smooth, well regulated by the chipset that seems to be an SX (at least that's what he says). The buttons on the concave face ensure that you will not accidentally trigger the mod even if you forget to lock it before putting it in your pocket. We vape up to 65 watts is pretty good for a small thing of this size, and happiness, the mode can pass in vape "mechanical" (for memory, in this case the chipset features are bypassed and as in the case of a mechanical mod, only the charge of the accumulator feeds the Atomizer, without any other form of regulation).
Well here, nothing more to say, certainly it's not a box high end, but it is a companion for the everyday, versatile, compact, powerful, well thought out and affordable ... what more?
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.