- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 69.00 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Bottom Feeder has the wind in its sails, there are more and more boxing models planned for this practice. Aleader-Tech is a specialist in the work of stabilized resin. Indeed, one finds in its catalog many references of boxs mecha or electro as well as original drip-tip made in this matter.
The product of the day, which we will call the X-Drip for short, is a box whose body is entirely made in this material. It is a very compact box, powered by a single battery 18650 and has a flexible PET bottle of 7ml.
Proposed at a price of 69 euros, what to think of this box very basic from the technological point of view? Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of resin and, to be honest, I'm a bit skeptical about this tariff positioning. But let's stay professional and move on after this test.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25
- Product Length or Height in mm: 78
- Product weight in grams: 110
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Brass, stabilized resin
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The X-Drip is a rather compact box, whose body is made entirely of stabilized resin. This allows it to be very light and, in addition, it also means that each box is unique, since the hue and its nuances are exclusively the result of chance. The model I have shows dominant blue and purple, but you can not really be fixed on this point when receiving your copy.
The design is quite simple, a paver with softened edges, equipped with a pine 510 stainless, a switch in gold metal and a small wheel, golden too, 2 cm lower.
On the removable front, an ovoid shaped hole reveals the floppy PET bottle (at first glance, I would have said silicone, but the sites that sell it claim that it is PET).
The shape is basic, but note that the edges have been worked to provide better comfort. On one side, there is a deep etching hot stamped brand logo.
The material is rather pleasant to the touch. It's never cold, it's very soft for a successful grip on the level of tactile sensations.
The fire button is in place, it falls perfectly under the finger and is rather firm, but we will talk about it later.
Overall, this little box is very well done. The work is clean and, even if it is very basic in its design, some small physical elements enrich the latter in a significant way.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
It's a mechanical box in its purest form. The system is of a very basic level. A beautiful brass blade that runs on almost half of the case will act as the main driver to support the switch.
A positive pin, spring still, equipped with a brass tube to make contact and convey the juice to the dripper, fits into the connector 510. Finally, a finer blade of brass, connected to the pine, serves as a positive terminal.
The system is very simple, which also makes it very reliable.
The bottle of 7 ml is (it seems) flexible PET, even if I hesitate for personal reasons as the material seems close to silicone. It is equipped with a screw cap crimped metal. It is equipped with a flexible plastic tube which fits on the hollow tube of the positive pin. It is operated by a fingertip by the small oval opening. Here too, we are in the super simple. The whole thing is generally satisfactory even if there is no revolution for the moment in the topography of the box.
The only small originality is at the level of the small wheel. The latter is connected to a washer by a thread that pierces the large blade. By unscrewing it, you increase the flexibility of the switch and vice versa, it is rudimentary but it works rather well.
The only big lack, in my opinion, is a locking system. This box is compact, so designed to be slipped into the pockets, it seems to me that we should logically find one. For a safe transport, you will only have the possibility of removing the battery. Pity.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our little bottom feeder arrives in a rather ordinary transparent plastic box, dressed in a simplistic sheath in black and white hues. It is a bit sober, even off the rather fun side of the colors of the box.
The record, we do not talk, we're going to get angry ... two little schemas to the "beep" and a vague description and then that's all. No warnings, precautions of use, no information on the possible limits of the components. As basic as they are, they inevitably have limits that would have been good to indicate.
Given the price of this simple box, which does not present electronics or materials involving high production costs, we would be entitled to have better. We could have found a bonus bottle for example ... the packaging is a little fair.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
For starters, the box is light and compact, which makes it very convenient for mobile use.
The bottle of 7ml offers a correct autonomy. As for the unique battery in 18650, it will be necessary to be reasonable on the assemblies and resistance values if one wants, on the one hand, to ensure its security, while keeping a proper energy autonomy.
Replacing the battery is easy thanks to the removable magnetic panel that also allows you to access the bottle.
The bottle, let's talk about it. The latter is really not at the top. Okay, it deserves a good point for its accessibility but it remains hard to withdraw. Indeed, the plunging plastic tube gripping very hard on the brass tube, we must extract the bottle leaving the tube in place. If you pull the bottle by itself, then the crimp will not hold and the stopper will stay on the tube. It must therefore be pulled by the cap, the only manipulation that ensures the success of the extraction, which is less easy. To be in optimal conditions, it is almost necessary to remove the battery.
A box that does the job, but who would have, I think, deserved a bottle and a cork of better quality.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? dripper bottom feeder monocoil de pref
- Description of the test configuration used: skywalker single coil at 0.35
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I would see it well with a Pulse from Vandy Vape
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The box is very well done. The finish is exemplary, the design is less basic than one might think and, finally, this material both lightweight and resistant makes it a very good product for nomadic use.
The mechanical part is simple and efficient, only the tandem bottle / tube could have been better bill.
So, in the end, this box is objectively a good product.
Rest the price of 69 € that I find a little high. The case being obtained by molding, I doubt that the production costs are very high, especially in China. In addition, the finishes do not require specific work since the material used itself gives the color to the box following the color mixtures. I ask myself the following question: "it does not do a little expensive plastic box?".
I may be wrong, I admit, but I find it hard to believe that the price fully reflects the intrinsic value of the product but that it seems rather influenced by the pro-BF fashion that strikes the product. world of the vape.
If we add to that a basic packaging, without a spare bottle and a note just useless, the cup of bitterness fills a little.
I'm probably a little hard and I remain convinced that this little box can make happy thanks to its fun mud and its "technology" rustic but effective. Alas, deprived of lock while it seems cut for the nomadism and proposing itself at a price overvalued me, it is difficult to convince 100%.
On this, good vape
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.