- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: vapexperience
- Price of the tested product: 89.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 160 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.8 Volts
- Minimum value in Ohms of resistance for a start: 0.1 ohm in power and 0.06 in temperature
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A box full of features.
It offers the possibility to vape in power mode or in temperature mode. It automatically detects the value of the resistor and it is also possible to adjust the temperature coefficient of the latter according to the ambient temperature and the resistive wire material. We can specify the assembly made in single or double coil. It is also possible to adjust the vacuum resistance of the atomizer.
The maximum power of the box is 160 watts. A rate of temperature rise of the variable coil at the choice of the user (immediate or slow). It incorporates 4.0 Bluetooth technology that allows you to adjust your box with a smartphone. An innovative and original switch by a sidebar along the length of the mod with a LED that lights up and can be customized by your choice of color from three shades of red, green and blue. And many other things.
A very complete menu that is set with only three buttons or via shortcuts.
This box comes in three colors: steel, black or matt white
WARNING: the X cube II has a USB port that is not made for reloading.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 24,6 X 60
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100
- Product weight in grams: 239
- Material composing the product: Steel and Zinc
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral along the entire length of the box
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Xcube II has a common rectangular shape, it is rather imposing and is not lighter, but you get used to the format very quickly. The location of the batteries is easily accessible, without screwdriver since it has a magnetic cap whose magnetic power is a bit just for my taste.
The Oled screen is not very big but quite relevant and sufficient with a display of power (or temperature) of appreciable size.
The coating of the X cube is lightly brushed brushed steel, which involves regular cleaning due to fingerprints. The box is also sensitive to blows and scratches.
The finishes and screws are perfect, the only small criticism would be for the battery cover which is not perfectly flush and move slightly when you vape, but again, the defect is very minimal.
The two buttons "+" and "-" are small, discreet, perfectly functional and well located under the screen and on the top cap.
For the switch is an innovation, since it is not a button, but a fire bar along the entire length of the box with which is associated a led which also lights up the length each time you press on the bar and which is customizable (by color). I have not encountered any blocking concerns on it but I think that in the long run, impurities could lodge there.
At the 510 connection, the pin is spring loaded and is very convenient for flush mounting of the atomizer. Nothing to say about the thread of this connection is perfect.
It has holes, which are present for heat dissipation and a USB port for the upgrade but absolutely not for reloading.
In the end, with its screen and buttons on the top cap, its bar fire over the entire length and its classic shape, and despite a size and weight, this box is perfectly ergonomic with beautiful finishes.
- Type of chipset used: Owner TL360
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors Atomizer, Temperature control of atomizer resistors, BlueTooth Connection, Supports firmware update, Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This box combines a multitude of features, with the memorization, configuration and programming of many tasks and processes. Although a notice is provided, everything is not completely clear and explanations are very succinct, with language only in English.
To turn on the box, simply press 5 quickly on the Fire bar (same to lock and unlock)
To access the menu quickly press 3 times on the fire bar. Each stealth support, scrolls the menu
To enter the menu, just have a long press on the bar fire
The menu :
- A long press on this function leads to the possibility to activate or deactivate the Bluetooth so that the box can be managed with your Smartphone by having previously downloaded the application from the site of Smoktech: http://www.smoktech.com/hotnews/products/x-cube-two-firmware-upgrade-guide
You can also activate or deactivate the Bluetooth with a shortcut by simultaneously pressing "+" and "-"
* Temp mode: you activate the operation in temperature mode. The following choices follow:
• "Min, max, norm, soft, hard":
This is the way you want your coil to heat, smoothly or quickly, depending on 5 possibilities.
• Nickel "0.00700":
By default the resistive wire will be nickel. If you have downloaded application, it will also ask you the choice of Titanium wire (TC). The value 0.00700 can vary between 0.00800 and 0.00400, it is a value which makes it possible to adjust with the most just the variation of temperature according to the wire chosen because each thread has a resistive coefficient different, but also if it is very hot or very cold. If in doubt it is best to keep a median value (0.00700)
• Nickel "SC" or "DC":
SC and DC ask you if your assembly is in single coil or double coil
* Memory mode : allows you to store different values so you do not search for them later:
• "min, max, norm, soft, hard":
• Store the watts
* Watt mode : You activate the operation in Power mode. The following choices follow:
• "Min, max, norm, soft, hard":
This is the way you want your coil to heat up, slowly or quickly depending on 5 choice
* "AT. RGB ": RGB (red-green-blue) these are the three colors proposed on a range from 0 to 255 for each, to have a colorful panel on your LED totally customized
• R: 255
• SPEED "FAST" or "SLOW" then choose the speed from 1 to 14: it's the way the LED will light up
* "B. JUMP ": that's the way the LED lights up
• SPEED "FAST" or "SLOW" then choose the speed from 1 to 14
* "C. SHADE ": that's the way the LED lights up
• SPEED "FAST" or "SLOW" then choose the speed from 1 to 14
* "D. LED OFF ": It is to turn off the LED
* Max: "NEVER" or "choose a puff number for the day"
Already + the number of puffs performed: This function allows you to set a maximum number of puffs that you allow for the day. When the number is reached, the box no longer allows you to vaper and cut. Of course it will change setting to continue to vaper.
* Puff reset "Y - N" : it is the reset of the puff counter
* A. SCR TIME: stealth "ON" or "OFF": used to disable the screen in operation
* B. CONTRAST: Screen contrast "50%": adjust the contrast to save the battery
* C. SCR DIR: "Normal" or "Rotation": Rotates the 180 ° screen according to your reading preference
* D.TIME: just enter the date and time: you access the setting of the date and time
* E. ADJ OHM: initial adjustment ohm "0.141 Ω": this value is used to adjust your resistance according to your atomizer. Since the resistors provided for the temperature control are generally sub-ohm, the impedance problems of the atomizer (the resistive value of the atomizer when empty) can lead to large errors, which is not the case. not easy to spot. This function is therefore designed to have a better stability. The setting range is ± 50 mW (± 0.05Ω). In fact, this variation goes from 1.91 to 0.91, between these two preset values, your resistance will show a difference in value of 0.05Ω. So if in doubt, I advise you to stay on a median value of 1.4.
* F. DOWNLOAD: "Exit" or "enter" Download
* "ON" or "OFF"
The different modes of vape are:
In power mode or in temperature control mode in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit. The power mode is used with Kanthal resistors, from a resistive value of 0.1 Ω (up to 3 Ω) and the power goes up to 160 Watts. The temperature mode is used in nickel and can be displayed in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit, the minimum resistive value is 0.06 Ω (up to 3 Ω) and the temperature variation from 100 ° C to 315 ° C ( or from 200 ° F to 600 ° F).
It is possible to vape on Titanium, but this is optional and you will want to download the application to use this option.
For settings :
For the Coefficient of temperature of the resistance as for the adjustment of the initial resistance a range of value is proposed to you, in case of doubt it is better to remain on the median value.
1. If the voltage is above 9Volts = change the battery
2. If the voltage is below 6.4 Volts = recharge the batteries
3. If your resistance is under the 0.1 ohm in Kanthal or 0.06 ohm Nickel = redo the assembly
4. If your resistance is above 3 ohms = redo editing
5. Your atomizer is not detected = put an atomizer or change it
6. It detects a short circuit in the assembly = check the assembly
7. The box goes into protection = wait 5 second
8. The temperature is too high = wait 30 second before vape again
Here are the functions are very numerous and we can add that the pin is mounted on spring.
On the other hand, La X cube II no reload function, so beware the USB port is not made for that.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is complete, in a thick cardboard box in which there is a foam to protect the product, there are also: a notice, a certificate of authenticity, a connection cord for the USB port and a nice velvet bag for insert the box.
On the box you will also find the code and the serial number of the product.
I regret that for a product so complex, we have no notice in French and especially that the explanations provided in the manual are really succinct.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use is quite simple, for the ignition as well as to lock / unlock the operation is done in 5 clicks. Access to the menu in 3 clicks and to scroll through the functions, one click. Finally to access the parameter and enter it, simply extend the maintenance on the fire bar.
Not all features will be useful or will be used very infrequently.
I liked the possibility of using shortcuts without locking the box
- Bluetooth activation ("-" and "+")
- the choice of hard, soft, min, max or norm mode (fire and "+")
- The choice of the mode Time or Watts (fire and "-")
- Date display (+)
- Time display (-)
- Number of puff and duration of vape (+ and -)
- turn on or off the screen (fire and "+")
- enable or disable the LED (fire and "-")
A prolonged support on the fire bar will extinguish your box
In use on the temperature control with nickel mounting (0.14 ohm) I found that the restitution was quite correct. I did not notice any variation in my vape, a perfect and constant restitution. But for the temperature rise of the fast or slow resistance via, min, max, norm, soft and hard, I did not find this function very convincing. Between min and max the difference is much less than half a second.
On the power function, depending on the resistance, my feeling is positive with very low resistance under 0.4 ohm. Above this value (especially on 1.4 resistance ohm) I have the impression that the high powers on the screen, are not fully provided. This is just an impression because I could not measure them but compared to another box that provides 100 watts with the same atomizer, I felt a difference in power.
The screen is perfect, neither too big nor too small, it gives the essential information with the power (or temperature) listed in bulk.
On the top cap, depending on the atomizer used, it may be that a little mist is sometimes deposited.
Replacing the batteries is really easy, despite a hood that tends to move slightly when you vape.
Too bad it is impossible to recharge the box directly with the cable provided.
The 510 connection allows the perfect flush atomizer to be mounted.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Genesys type Reconstructible mounting wick metal
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all
- Description of the test configuration used: test with nectar Tank with Ni200 for resistances of 0.14 ohm then in kanthal with resistance of 1,4 ohms and dripper Haze in kanthal at 0.2 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: to make full use of this atomizer, it is better to use it with very low resistance assemblies
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Once the features acquired Box is not really complicated, but obviously a longer or shorter adaptation time will be mandatory.
Its size and weight make it a little imposing but it is ergonomic enough to make us forget this detail. With nice finishes, its original switch and customizable led associated with the fire bar, it is beautiful.
Many features that end up adopting easily with a menu very accessible and understandable. However, I do not recommend this mod for beginners in the vape.
Fingerprints and scratch marks are easily visible
Beyond the aesthetic, I loved vape with the temperature control even if some settings will not be obvious to everyone, including adjusting the initial resistance and adjusting the temperature coefficient of resistance.
In power mode (Watts), the box returns a super vape with very low resistances but, with resistances above 1.5 ohm, I am perplexed by the accuracy of the power that seems weaker than the one displayed.
The autonomy is correct for sub-ohm, vaper 10ml in the day without recharging the batteries is easily achievable.
A nice surprise so with the X cube II.
(This review was requested from our form "What do you want to evaluate"From the community menu, by Aurélien F. We hope Aurélien that you now have all the required information, and thank you again for your suggestion!).
Good vape to all!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.