- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Wholesaler Francochine
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Tesla (Teslacigs) is a well-known Chinese manufacturer and is credited with major achievements that have had a large commercial impact, such as the Invader 3 which has been able to fight with the variable voltage regulated American boxes or the Nano 120, leader typified industrial Steampunk. And this only concerns fairly recent references since we could go back much further, the mark having already proved its worth by accompanying the development of the vape for a long time.
The brand offers us at this time a new sensation that could be a game-changer in the current trend. Knowing that pure electronic progress has reached a certain maturity and that new products in the field are not legion, Tesla has therefore worked on the use of new materials in the vape and offers us an ABS box, hosting two 18650 batteries and delivering 200W. The process is confusing, we are used to aluminum or zinc alloys but the stated goal is to provide a box of great lightness, always appreciable parameter, especially when going to work, in holidays or even, why not, in training of survival without sacrificing its comfort of vape!
Two batteries thus a greater autonomy than the simple batteries "light" of the market, a featherweight, 200W under the foot? It's starting to speak ... and it's not over.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 42
- Product Length or Height in mm: 82
- Product weight in grams: 157.2
- Material composing the product: ABS
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Let's go around the owner. The box comes in roughly parallelepipedic form and will not interfere with those who are used to Minikin, Boxer and other achievements of the same form-factor. Not very high and therefore quite wide, the WYE will accommodate the atomizers up to 25mm. Beyond, the edge of the car will no longer flush with the front of the mod. The handling is natural and, the box has no protruding edge, it will quickly find its place in the most diverse palms.
The weight is very small and I propose to illustrate it by a talking comparison. Indeed, the WYE equipped with two batteries weighs substantially equal to that of a Pico with a single battery and lower than a VTC Mini, with only one battery again. Suffice to say that the lightness of the object surprises even when expected. The material used, the ABS, is the same as that which equips the bumpers of the cars or the sticks of the guns. It can therefore be seen a guarantee of solidity that has been repeatedly noted. In addition, the ABS resists heat perfectly and leads very little, an interesting asset on a box that still pulls 200W entrails of its chipset. This plastic derivative molds perfectly, which makes it possible to approach very rounded shapes, which is the case here.
If you are suspicious as I am, you will probably say that it is "just plastic" and that it can break or melt or anything definitive for the future of your box. But, in any case, this is not the case, I was able to proceed to a crash-test in good standing and I can affirm that the box is of a good resistance to shocks, that it cash easily 200W that she sends, even over a long period of time.In short, she is quite ready to fulfill her office.
The WYE is available in many colors and the choice of the manufacturer focused on a rather fun finish, typified "zombie-box", which will please or displease but does not leave indifferent. The name of the brand is molded on the side of the mod and the box has many vents to cool the chipset on the front and others on the battery door to help degas without nuisance in case of a problem at the level of the positive and negative poles of the batteries. There is also a window in the open air that suggests the entrails of the box and will work for the same purpose.
The 510 connection does not call for special comments. It has a positive spring-mounted pin and grooves to convey the air if you are one of the last to use atomizers that feed on the connection.
To be completely exhaustive, I will add that the gripping of the object is facilitated by a texture of the material very pleasant, soft and comparable to some coatings that are already known on other boxes and that this rather sensual contact completes wonderfully with weight loss for ergonomics very fair in this area. The record also mentions polycarbonate but, in any case, I see only for the window of the screen ... A screen also very legible and where all the important information appears.
The switch and the interface buttons are very pleasant to use and are responsive, accurate and well finished. No movement in their respective homes, their race is quite short and the round switch is particularly pleasant to handle with a light click but present that informs audibly about the firing. The [+] and [-] buttons share the same bar but their mechanical action is spaced far enough apart to make no mistake.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
No revolution in this chapter but an enumeration in the Prévert of all that constitutes the usual features of the current boxs. Tesla has worked well in this way by offering a classic mode in variable power, a complete temperature control and a mode "Taste", now well known, which can influence the signal strength according to three presets: "Norm" "Soft" and "Hard" or to create its own output power curve using the programmable "User" preset. The usefulness of this module is demonstrated and allows to awake a mounting a little diesel or, on the contrary to start a puff gently on a nervous montage without the risk of dry-untimely hits.
The Variable Power Mode (named here Kanthal mode!?!) Accompanies you on a scale from 7 to 200W, which is incremented in increments of 0.5W, which is good news for those who, like me, never vape at 33,2W or 105.9W but are more willingly stuck on integers or x.5 and are tired of waiting 10 years that the button [+] does its work! A big plus in terms of saving time and better correspondence, in my humble opinion, with the actual habits of the vapers.
The temperature control mode is complete and admits SS316, titanium and Ni200 as resistive. Of course, the brand has implemented a TCR mode that will allow you to adjust for yourself the heating coefficient, which will open the door for all possible resistives, from nichrome to SS304, gold, silver and even kryptonite if you can find its coefficient on Earth.
The WYE also allows you to memorize three profiles according to the atomizers you use and your settings. Thus, it is easy for you to recover your settings by recalling one of the three proposed memory allocations.
The output intensity being 45A, I can only advise you to use batteries with a strong maximum discharge current if you want to take advantage of the possible resistance scale that goes from 0.05Ω to 1Ω for the temperature control mode and from 0.1Ω to 3Ω for the variable power mode.
All of the protections that are generally available are included in the proprietary chipset and can be safely vaulted: ten second cut-off, verification of the presence of an ato, protection against low voltages, short circuits, against a bad set up the batteries and against overheating of the chipset. Everything is there to go quietly and without emotion.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is basic but perfectly suited to the tariff segment of the WYE. A white cardboard box carries the box, a USB / micro USB cable braided plastic pretty, the usual paper tips for certification and the use of compliant batteries and instructions.
The record is multilingual, she speaks French, among others, with a slight Chinese accent and some mistakes but remains quite understandable. This trend is currently spreading and it is good, France is still one of the great countries of the vape. In any case, you will be accompanied during the learning of the manipulations and it is always appreciable.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The pleasure is great to ride in the street with a mod so light! Having a deep affection for dual-battery mods (horror of crashing!), I admit that the WYE will probably become my companion nomadism so its weight / size is easy to use. In the hand or standing on a table, the mod stands wonderfully and its softness is an additional argument to enjoy it on a daily basis.
We also find this facility in the ergonomics of the box, simple to apprehend and use. Actions as obvious as changing the batteries, charging vertically with the charging port well placed or make adjustments on the fly are simple and it really plays on the user-friendly aspect of the box.
The rendering is in unison. The vape is generous, available without latency whatever the desired power and we get a good compromise between accuracy of flavors and compactness, which tends to show that the calculation algorithms have been well worked. The various programmable levels are effective and there are real differences between the different modes, which is not always the case. As for the temperature control mode, it is effective, abstains from effects of "pumping" too marked (if you have adjusted, of course) and remains stable with any type of resistive.
In a word like a hundred, the WYE does its job perfectly and Tesla has perfectly integrated the ergonomic aspect of the rendering.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A good dripper
- Description of the test configuration used: Kayfun V5, Mage RDA
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one that suits you best
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Here we have a box that could be the hit of the summer!
Accurate, light, complete and inexpensive, it combines the autonomy and power of the two batteries to ease of carriage and employment which is a real good surprise. Difficult to take in default, it could well land in many hands, provided to crack on its atypical look and its fun colors.
Moreover, I am whispered in the ear that this box is doing a commercial carton. No doubt it is due to a very low tariff that adds an additional interest in the balance. In my opinion, there is enough to make it look down on the good side and that's why I have no qualms about granting him a Top Mod.
Achievements like these are likely to suggest that, on the pure level of rendering, the High-End is concerned if boxs of this kind become widespread, which seems to be the case. Because, in good faith, these new chipsets have less and less to envy the most famous of them.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.