- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: HappeSmoke
- Price of the tested product: 35.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200W
- Maximum voltage: 7.5V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1 (VW) - 0,05 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The VTX 200W is fun with its original look of scary clown, shown on the hood of this mod. With the purchase, several models are proposed but always on the same subject. We like or we do not like but the illustration is pretty.
This box is equipped with a proprietary chipset IM200 from Vapecige which offers great features with significant power.
However, the VTX keeps a classic template that is not more bulky than another mod double battery but the most surprising is its lightness. Indeed, to my surprise, this mod is not more than 72 grams (without battery) and offers all modes of vape with temperature control, power mode, By-pass and adjustable TCR. Resistive wires accepted are nickel, stainless steel and titanium.
For the power mode, the resistance will be accepted from 0.1Ω (and not 0.01Ω as noted on the instructions) up to 3Ω, while in CT, you have a range of values between 0.05Ω and 1Ω.
This box does not offer a menu in which you have to look for lots of settings, which makes it very easy to use.
The screen is surprising and original, in the colors of the drawing of scary clown, it provides all the useful information.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or diameter of the product in mm: 44 x 38.5 mm (25 for the maximum diameter of the atomizer) and connection plate with a diameter 22mm
- Product Length or Height in mm: 87
- Product weight in grams: 160
- Material composing the product: Polycarbonate
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decoration style: Universe movie
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the front near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The VTC is ergonomic, it takes place without difficulty in the creu of the hand and brings a very appreciable comfort with its rounded angles. This box is all black polycarbonate, although it is not sensitive to fingerprints, the matte side of the coating does not benefit from possible sagging but they disappear quickly with a handkerchief.
On the front, we have the round plastic switch positioned on the top. In the center of the screen then, just below, the elongated and oval shape adjustment knob. At the bottom, we find the opening for the micro-USB cable for reloading. Everything is well centered and proportionate but the switch button has a very light game. The screen is bright with a reduced size of 0.9 ", it is colored RGB (red, green, blue) and provides readability of display correct but some information require a pair of glasses for over 40 years. Too bad the screen is a little recessed compared to the box because cleaning with a cloth is difficult to access.
On the side, we distinguish a very sober stall that can grip with the hood on the nail that contains the batteries. It opens easily while remaining perfectly maintained by two rectangular magnets, one on the top and the other at the bottom. One of the two magnets dislodged in my tests, so be careful if it happens to you.
Inside, the position of the batteries is widely indicated, impossible not to see (unless you do it on purpose).
The hood is extremely light, just like the mod that seems strong anyway (just do not roll over). The clown is silkscreened, I'm not sure that the design is still intact in a few months but the colors and sharpness of the image are perfect.
Above the box, there is the 510 connection with a spring-loaded pin that makes all the atomizers that will be mounted on it flush. This connection is stainless steel and offers a platinum 22mm diameter. However, the width of the box will assemble an atomizer 25mm diameter without difficulty.
Under the box, we find the name of the mod and that of Vapecige.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Display of the current voltage of vape, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the re-charging function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
About the features, the VTX 200 has a great ergonomics with an ultra light weight and a reasonable size but it is also a powerful chipset that rises to a power of 200W.
The modes of vape : They are standard with a power mode from 1 to 200W with a threshold resistor at 0.1Ω and a temperature control mode from 100 to 315 ° C (or 200 to 600 ° F) with resistive Ni200, SS316, titanium and the TCR where it will be necessary to include the coefficient of the resistive used. The threshold resistance will be 0.05Ω in temperature control mode. Be careful when using batteries that provide at least 25A. The VTX also offers vape mech thanks to the bypass.
The display of the screen: The display gives all the necessary indications, the power you have set or the temperature display if you are in TC mode, the battery indicator for its charge status with the percentage, the display of the supplied voltage during the vape as well as the intensity and of course the value of your resistance. There is also on this screen a puff counter and how long your puff takes with each draw.
Off Mode : The chipset offers locked mode so that the box is triggered in a bag, it inhibits the switch.
Detection of a new atomizer : This box detects the change of atomizer, so it is imperative to always place atomizers with resistance at room temperature. Locking the resistance "cold" keeps a stable value of it in use.
Function reload : It allows to recharge the battery without removing it from its housing, thanks to the USB cable connected to the PC.
- No resistance
- Protects from short circuits
- Signals when the battery is low
- Protects from deep discharges
- Cut in case of excessive heating
- Prevents if the resistance is too high or too low
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
In a black and red cardboard box, the box is wedged in a postformed foam revealing, in the first place, the back of the box on which is visible the head of the clown.
Right next to the mod, a small black box contains the micro-USB cable and a user manual in only two languages, English and Chinese.
A packaging that is perfectly suited to its selling price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the VTX is very easy to live because there is no menu.
As for the vast majority of boxes, the ignition or extinction of the mod is done with 5 rapid pressure on the switch while locking is 3 clicks.
When one is in lock mode, one can then modify the parameters and choose its type of vape. To change the mode, just press [+] and [-] simultaneously to see the "present mode" flashing. The settings button allows you to scroll through the various proposals: Watt, Titanium, SS316, Ni 200, Bypass and TCR.
When you are in a temperature control mode, you can change the power by pressing the switch and [-] simultaneously.
For resistance, in power mode, it can be blocked by simultaneously pressing the Switch and [+]. In CT, this operation is used to manage the resistance value and modify it.
The last small modification possible is the change of CT unit between ° F and ° C. Simply, go up (or down) the value to its maximum by holding the [+] or [-] and then release and re-press.
Really easy as a mode of operation, the VTX wants to be very simple to concentrate its capacities on the vape because visibly, even without oscilloscope, I found its operation particularly pleasant.
It is a uniform and constant vape that is delivered. From the moment of support, I feel that the box delivers more than what is wanted, to stabilize and then give the required power. In temperature control, it is perfect and offers a vape less aggressive and rounder. With this chipset, there are two modes of vape that really offer two different types of vape. In power, it is hot and dry whereas in CT one feels quite the difference with a rather soft vape which contrasts clearly. The signals are different but send the requested power or temperature without difficulty.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All atomizers having a width of 25mm maxi
- Description of the test configuration used: With Kylin atomizer in subohm and CT with resistance SS316L
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The VTX is a box with a particular look because scary clowns of the type "That" are not necessarily the taste of all. The most surprising is without a doubt the weight of this box which, without battery, is lighter than the two batteries that feed it.
The format of the mod is modest when it is held in hand and yet it manages to provide its 200W. Its operation is quite simple without mandatory access to the menu, the lock to access the different modes.
Side vape, I'm not sure that the 200W are really achieved but we approach it as on many boxes elsewhere.
I notice a difference of vape between the power mode and the temperature control mode. I have the impression that the first provides something dry, raw, a hot and direct vape. The second, in CT, provides a vape more rounded, less hot, so softer.
the VTX is a good product. It is inexpensive with simple features that will give complete satisfaction.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.