- Sponsor who has loaned the product for the magazine: Do not wish to be named.
- Price of the tested product: 103 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Manufacturer of rebuildable mods and atomizers, HCigar owes its notoriety to the cloning of often overpriced materials.
However, for several months, the Chinese have changed trade policy and now offer products of their creation, thus obtaining a full manufacturing status.
Collaborating with well-known specialists from the world of "High End", they offer DNA boxes, including this VT75, equipped with the famous American chipset, Evolv foundry.
Note that to date, the VT series is strong 6 different models, all powered by Evolv DNA.
By cons, the tariff him, remains at the level of productions "Made in Shenzhen". 103 € for this VT75 DNA, it seems a good deal ...
Before detailing more the animal, let us specify that it will be intended for a public of informed geeks, as the level of personalization of the DNA is high, combined with measurements and a weight consequent.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 31
- Product Length or Height in mms: 89.5
- Product weight in grams: 226
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Zinc Alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The coating of the main body, beautifully made, ensures a pleasant grip. It is covered with a quality paint with an effect not afraid of fingerprints; for the red that serves me test anyway, since I did not have the black hands.
The other parts, bottom-cap, top-cap and interface facade are of a glossy black flattering which seems to me more fragile.
If I have no traces in the top-cap, it is partly thanks to the ring screwed at the pin 510 which is almost flush with atos in 22mm but the "ass" of the box, begins to "mark "While I take great care of this loan model. To see with time ...
Once the battery door is open, the interior is clean, nothing exceeds or taints a good level finish.
Regarding the grip. The ergonomics are nice but the size of the box and its weight may confuse some. Personally I am not really upset. Considering that this type of "cube" will be in the majority in the hands of vapers possessing material even larger; I do not see any problem in perspective.
In front, the two interface buttons and the switch are metal. Here again, the quality is present and their reactivity very good. I would have appreciated a pulse button a little bigger but already, those present do not play castanets, which is rather a good thing.
The OLED screen is basic, its readability is no problem. On the other hand, I do not like its edge which, besides being a nest with dust causes me a little trouble (question of habit, too) in the handling.
The special feature of this VT75 is to be able to mount a battery in 26650 or 18650 via a reducer sleeve supplied. If the box delivers in both cases the same power of 75W, the battery in 26 will allow a better autonomy.
The trapdoor is screwed, reminding me of the Pro Nine Pipeline that I was able to evaluate some time ago. I'm not surprised by this type of editing that I prefer to traditional magnets. On the other hand, the threading is not at the level of the model quoted, and of course, it is always the evening or when I am in a hurry, that I have difficulty to snap the first net. Again, nothing unacceptable if you compare the rates.
Always on this hatch, you will find a screw to perfect the connection between the bottom-cap and your battery. There is however another flat head screw, which I did not grasp the functionality but which seems to be intended to ensure good conductivity of the positive pin
Regarding the top-cap, it is customizable via an ornate ring provided in the kit, which can accommodate atomizers up to 25 mm diameter. I did not really find the interest but we know Asian people fond of customizations not always to our liking ...
The 510 pine connection also has a screwed ring. Nice tip. Once dismantled, we realize that the seal is provided by a seal very useful to preserve the box of customary atomization equipment leaks ... But if we all had! 😉
The conclusion of this chapter allows me to note that the VT75 is well made and a very good finish.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by software external, Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages, Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18650, 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30.1
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
We arrive at the feature registry. And here, I confess that it is not easy to go into detail.
The VT75 is under Evolv system, the chipset, a DNA75. Those who have a mod in DNA sketch a smile ... others, those who do not want to take the head or do not feel the soul of a geek, I advise you to flee ... 😆
This engine is one of the best on the market today and its developer, Evolv, is a computer programming enthusiast. With time, patience and a little method, we get there but it's still pretty impressive and intimidating at first.
It's not complicated. Without going through the dedicated software, Escribe, it's not even worth using your hardware because you'll only run it at a ridiculous percentage. By cons, once downloaded the tool and after having read a minimum, everything is configurable.
If you want to learn, there is no reason to do without it, it is always rewarding to domesticate such material.
Here is the download link for Escribe. Know that the latest version is: 1.2.SP3 and that it detects the language you find in French.
The link here: Evolv DNA75
To be complete, I add the link (the same) from the manufacturer's page: HCigar VT75
Be aware, however, that the VT75 is factory set and of course you can use it as such without going through Escribe.
Seen from this angle, it gives the impression of a banal model with the characteristics of a box of his time.
Temperature Control Mode: Ni, Ti, Ss from 100 ° to 300 ° C or 200 to 600 ° F.
Variable power mode: from 1 to 75W.
To this, you add of course, all the panoply safe for a serene use.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It's nice to see that HCigar did not save on the packaging. The VT75 will be delivered to you in a rigid box of the most beautiful effect.
Inside, you will find the box (well, I hope for you!) Accompanied by a USB / Micro USB cable. Recall again, this cord can be used to reload your equipment but it is not recommended and book exceptionally in troubleshooting. The autonomy and performance of your battery will be assured and optimum through an external charger dedicated to this specialty. The wiring will be useful for updating the firmware and especially for connecting to Escribe.
The packaging also offers the personalization ring of the top-cap already detailed in a previous chapter.
You will also find a notice, in English, useful or not, according to whether you have decided or not to customize the box via the dedicated software.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Even with the factory settings, the operation of the DNA75 is a treat. The signal is flat and stable, providing an ideal vape that can be further enhanced by the myriad of recordable / memorized settings.
With the 8 profiles available in Escribe, each of your different spray devices will be tuned "to the little onions". And you are busy for the long winter evenings.
If the DNA75 is a powerful chipset, rich, coupled with a recognized reliability, it is not less energy-consuming. For this evaluation, I mostly used an 26650 battery to achieve autonomy in the standard. In 18650, it is insufficient beyond 40W.
Given the investment conceded, even if it is reasonable compared to the services offered, I advise the use of quality batteries. Your security will be more assured and you will also have a hardware that can have all its performance.
During the few weeks I spent with her, this VT75 has never had erratic behavior. Returning it to its owner will be difficult but I will keep a good memory of this evaluation.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer up to 30 mm except Bottom Feeder
- Description of the test configuration used: All my RBA, RDA, RDTA
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: What you want up to 30 mm, except Bottom Feeder
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A DNA 75 for "High end" at the Chinese tariff. This is what HCigar offers us and the least we can say is that the proposal is not indecent.
The proof ? Well, it's a "Top Mod" awarded by the Vapelier.
The DNA75 chipset from Evolv is one of the most powerful electronics on the market. Still, it was necessary to produce a whole that was worthy of welcoming it.
The bet is successful because I have not found a fault to oppose this box mod that works very well and offers a daily satisfaction. Remember that it is offered at a rate very close to 100 € ... reasonable price for this type of benefits.
So obviously, it is not to put in all hands because its operating system is not very simple. But what satisfaction when you have mastered the tool ...
With all that, I say: I BUY!
See you soon for new adventures to jostle neurons,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.