- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Gearbest
- Price of the tested product: 125 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
After a series of clones the Chinese giant Hcigar returns with a box 100% original produced by his care and equipped with no less famous Dna40 by Evolv here in its latest version.
In the program therefore, we will find all the technical details related to the American chipset.
0.16ohm mini resistive resistor in standard resistive and 0.10ohm in Ni200 for temperature control.
Maximum output voltage limited to 9 volts for 16 Amperes.
Certain specifications dating a little but largely sufficient to ensure a vape of quality common mortals.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 47
- Product Length or Height in mms: 87
- Product weight in grams: 200
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Finally a Dna40 box with a great design and paint that will not go off the hook at the slightest hitch!
The body of the box is anodized aluminum granular type for a good grip, when the aluminum part covering the face, bottom-cap and top-cap, receive a specific treatment with a ceramic type paint.
The set of different treatments applied on the box and of great quality and even after several snags, the coating holds very well and does not go into skin of misery.
We can find the same surface treatment on the internal parts of the box, very good job.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The vt40 inherits all the functions related to the dna40 namely:
A power from 1 to 40w
Temperature control with ni200 cable
The possibility in addition to the total lock of the box, to lock only the + and - buttons
A "sthealth" mode to turn off the screen to save your batteries.
A right-handed and left-handed mode to steer the screen at your leisure.
And since we are talking about the screen, we are here on the v5 "big" version with a bigger and more visible screen. Note that the chipset takes advantage of the latest firmware that corrects all the bugs of previous versions.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Who says high-end version, said package up, even if there are some imperfections at this level, the package is still quite complete.
We will find a rather succinct manual and in English, the guarantee certificate of the box including the serial number of the latter.
A small room is used to disassemble the battery door, also bearing the same serial number as your box.
And finally, a USB cable for charging, cable wrapped on an automatic reel of fairly poor quality.
Even if we feel the economy on the USB cable, for the rest it is a faultless.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Without being the smallest, the Vt40 remains in proportions of acceptable size. It will be easily forgotten in a jacket pocket or in your bag.
With the use it remains easy to live, one raises his favorite atomizer, one adjusts the desired power, one locks it and one is ready for the day.
A battery change will not affect your previous settings.
Power consumption level, the Dna40 is a master in the field, its power consumption is well controlled and has very little loss, it is possible to hold a battery more than a day.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable type Genesis metal mesh, Rebuildable type Genesis mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? an atomizer type RBA
- Description of the test configuration used: Expromizer v2 0.8ohm and 20w
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Atomizer RBA of any type, the power of 40w can be fast limit for muscular mountings on dripper.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Hcigar is a
cloner well-known manufacturer in the circle of the vape, first for the multiple fakes available in his catalog, then for his own creations that can see here and there.
After a few test shots on atomizers more or less successful thanks to the experience gained on copying buddies from the west, Hcigar returns this time with his boxes electros.
If the first creations suffer from defects such as those of the Hb mini (chipset quality, design not always flattering) the last ones are perfect.
The association with Evolv is not for nothing.
After a first version called Hb40 that I would describe as "mixture of genres" as the design chosen was too confusing, the Vt40 forcefully sweeps this filth to establish itself as legitimate underdog of Vaporshark and other Hana modz. Even now tickling the chin of "power vapors" with its Vt200 version equipped with the latest Dna200.
You will understand, Hcigar tent a mea culpa rather successful in proposing original and successful material.
Thanks to Gearbest for sending my vt40.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.