- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 139.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.15
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
I love the series of Vt Hcigar! These high-end Chinese mods have the main feature of shipping an Evolv chipset and they are often equipped with a successful and original design. The Vt 75 Color is no exception to this rule, it embeds the latest version of the DNA75, the 75 Color and its design, its design ... it is just mesmerizing !!
To return to the chipset, you will probably understand, 75 for 75W maximum power and Color because the screen is in color. Why make complicated when you can do simple on a surname?
This box proposes you to board an 26650 or 18650 battery using a supplied adapter.
In terms of price, no real surprise, we exceed the 120 €, we are well on the land of the High End. The Chinese High End which nevertheless displays certainly high prices but which remain in spheres affordable by enthusiasts.
With such a branch, we are already starting with a lot of a priori positive, see if it is confirmed in the test!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 31
- Product Length or Height in mm: 88
- Product weight in grams: 225
- Material composing the product: Aluminum Alloy and Zinc Alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Style of decoration: Universe sport auto
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first thing that strikes, without hesitation, is the density of its design. I miss words to describe this mix of fluid curves and more tense lines. Once again, it is the world of the automobile that will serve as a comparative reference because this box, nervous and racy, sporting sensual throats, evokes the MacLaren 570s.
In the center of the facade, the new color screen sits in the position of choice, which values it even more. Just below, the three metal buttons on the interface draw like a two-pointed arrow over the Usb port. In the upper position, the fire button fire, hexagonal shape, perfect a control panel seeming inherited from the aeronautics. They are all very well made and do not suffer from any lack of adjustment.
The opposite side, it is a succession of light "bumps" designed to accommodate your little fingers for a good grip, like some sticks firearms.
The flanks, they, welcome inserts of triangular shape. They are textured cleanly for each of the available colors, adding a welcome grip.
The body of the VT is made of zinc alloy and aluminum.
The top-cap and the bottom-cap appear more massive, they are both aluminum alloy.
The weight is quite reasonable, 150 grams empty and 225 grams with an 26650 battery.
The assembly does not suffer from any defect, the painting is clean, although I presume that the most exposed edges will eventually lose some of their superb under the effects of time.
A very beautiful product, the charm continues to operate. Let's see the engine now ...
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors Atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Adjustment of the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of light operation
- Accusability: 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? Display Date, Hours
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
First of all some figures and basic information:
- Max power 75W
- Resistances accepted from 0.15 to 3Ω
- Voltage max 9V
- TC mode with SS316, Titanium, Ni 200 / Temperature scale from 100 to 315 ° C
The new DNA 75C first offers us a color screen large enough and defined to be irreproachable in terms of vision.
The box is "piloted" via the three buttons that make up the interface. The up and down arrows allow you to navigate. By using them, a highlight area is circulated on the different items that make up the menus. The hexagonal button that is in between is simply for validation.
The fire button is of course used to vape, we are reassured, and to put the box in pause.
Despite my good will, I can not explain all the commands or the different menus that make up the interface because you can model them to your taste with Escibe software. Indeed, besides the appearance and the decor, you will also choose the menu trees and the information you want to see on the screen, the number of clicks to activate or dormant the box .... In short you can configure everything and adjust according to your inspirations. You will also be able to download themes from the Evolv Dna forum linked in Escribe.
Here are some examples of themes available:
The customization is even more advanced than usual and geeks will give heart-joy.
As for the modes of vapes, variable power and temperature control are of course part. You will be able to configure eight different profiles and the resulting vape is, as often at the foundry, irreproachable.
This new chipset has improved everything, including battery management which is much more efficient than the basic DNA 75 version.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The presentation is very correct, a white box and purified blue serves as a receptacle. It is sober and rather classy even if not exuberant. The pack includes the usb cable and the 18650 adapter.
It will be regrettable, as often, a record too summary and not translated.
Without being exceptional, it's ok but such a technological jewelery deserves a manual worthy of the name.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Compact, not too heavy and ergonomic, it is perfect for nomadic use.
The DNA behaves wonderfully, as one is entitled to expect from an Evolv chipset, it's a treat in terms of rendering. There is however a small shadow on the board. Special attention should be paid to the choice of your 26650 battery.Indeed, these batteries do not all have the same length according to brands and Hcigar informs us that the use of a battery whose size exceeds 66mm can lead to a risk of short circuit. So, get yourself a good rule or, if in doubt, you can always opt for an 18650 with the adapter.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Your favorite ato will do the trick
- Description of the test configuration used: Govad RTA mono coil resistance to 0.5 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A tank atomizer type RTA will be for me the perfect choice.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
How not to succumb to such lines and all the possibilities offered by this ultimate version of DNA 75C?
The design of this box is captivating, its lines are harmonious, racy and they offer a perfect grip. The assembly does not suffer from any approximation in the adjustments. It's really a marvel.
The chipset is effective and the ability to customize menus will convince you.
Remains the little problem that can be encountered with some 26650 rechargeable batteries recognized by Hcigar. For the moment, only two incidents are to be deplored and obviously, the designers are working on it. For my part, I used an 26650 and I did not encounter any problem.
So I give this box a top mod because it's a very nice plastic and technical achievement and I trust this brand that has not hesitated to inform its consumer of a potential defect while it has not assigned only two users.
I'm under the spell and the weak vaper that I am can not get rid of this wonderful new toy.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.