- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Phileas Cloud
- Price of the tested product: 169.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Vega Cloud V2.1 by Galactika is a mechanical box that combines with a dripper BF (Bottom Feeder). With its sober look and compact size for a BF, it is also very light.
The bottom feeder device that includes a vial with a capacity of 7ml in the box as a reservoir, allows to mechanically feed the dripper by a pumping system.
This product is available in two colors, white or black. The body is entirely Delrin with a hatch, used to insert a 18650 accumulator, carbon fiber. This mechanical box is also proposed in setup associated with the dripper, Trinity V2.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 45 x 24
- Product Length or Height in mms: 80
- Product weight in grams: 125 with battery and 80grs without
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Delrin, Copper, carbon fiber
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Vega Cloud is in Delrin, the opaque white coating is quite successful, no trace is visible, the material is pleasant to the touch and does not weigh very heavy: 80grs without the vial and without battery.
The hatch Opens very easily and fits perfectly into its housing without exceeding an eyelash. The cut is perfect. On the inside of the door, a magnet is integrated so that it is even easier to plate when the battery is present, without risk that it falls during its use.
Inside, the various copper strips that ensure contact are well pruned and fixed correctly without risk of tearing. Although it is easy to enter the battery, the difficulty will be to release it, so I advise you to add a ribbon for this purpose.
On the front edge, the switch is positioned near the top-cap, it is responsive and perfectly stable. Just below, there is a rectangular plaque affixed and engraved with the logo and the name of Galactika.
At the level of the 510 connection, the insulation is well made with a wide Delrin nut which correctly isolates the pierced pin, connected to the positive pole, from the negative on the thread.
This pine is extended by a short stainless steel hollow rod on which is inserted the pvc tube which passes through the steel cap of the bottle. The bottle is flexible enough to ensure current support and the rubber hose adheres well. The set is of sufficient quality, clean and well done.
The 510 connection has a pin that is not adjustable but drilled in its center it ensures the exchange of the fluid with the atomizer.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functions of this box are not huge but rather exclusive, because the box is a mechanical mod so without the possibility of varying the power. It has a short metal tube or fits the full length from its 510 connection to a plastic pipe.
It enters a soft plastic bottle that holds up to 7ml of e-liquid. This set integrated in the heart of the product, is based on a pumping system that brings up the juice from the bottom of the bottle to the pin of the mod to arrive on the tray of the atomizer BF that you have chosen to associate.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? We make fun of us!
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 0.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
In a black cardboard box, the lid lifts to reveal the box wedged in a foam.
You will have nothing more. No extra bottle, no instructions, no more hose ...
The overall packaging is disappointing for a product that ranks in a luxury category.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The main function of this setup is the bottom feeder. This especially requires the two products to have a pierced pin for the exchange of liquid by pumping on the flexible bottle, to feed the wick juice by simply pressing on the bottle, without the need for an atomizer tank.
For that, it is necessary to fill the bottle first, although the practice seems simple, it will be necessary to take the habit to regulate beforehand the stopper with the pipe already placed, then to put the filled bottle in vertical position and to screw without spilling. This is the biggest difficulty you will face.
For the rest, just put your mounted dripper and soak your wick. This first step is important to create a first priming which will then facilitate the rise of the liquid to the plateau. The more the bottle is filled, the easier the priming is.
For the insertion of the battery nothing particular to say, however, it lacks a tape to simplify the removal of the battery which is very difficult to remove.
Ergonomics is also well adapted, with a reduced size and a shape with rounded corners that is pleasant in hand associated with the material. The Switch is pretty well positioned near the cape.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? a BF dripper of 23mm of maximum diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: associated with the Trinity V2 BF dripper and a double resistance of 0.6 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Vega Cloud is a nice quality product, with well-made insulation and a very clean internal system.
It works well with frank contacts and a comfortable switch. It does not have big defects and its use is simple.
I regret a little lightness of the packaging without additional accessories that would have been welcome in relation to its tariff. The biggest fault is the removal of the battery is really complicated, without having thought beforehand to put a ribbon below, because your fingers will not be enough to remove it.
The screwing of the filled bottle is also a small challenge if you do not want to spill a drop, but if the exercise requires some practice, it should not be a problem after a period of adaptation.
Although the Vega has no particular fault, given these features without module and packaging reduced to its simplest expression, I find its price too high.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.