- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyFree-Cig
- Price of the tested product: 69.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1 (in VW and Bypass) - 0,05 (in TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Vaporflask Lite is a small box that has an accumulator to power up to 75W, but be careful to use only batteries with a CDM (Maximum Discharge Capacity) of at least 25A. With its original bean form, it is one of three Vapor Forward Vaporflask (Classic, Lite, Stout) manufactured by Wismec, each with its own design, a clean type of battery and reaching different powers.
This Lite can operate in three distinct modes: power mode, temperature control mode or Bypass mode (unregulated). It comes with a micro USB cable for charging or updating your chipset.
Like these sisters, it is easy to use and accepts Kanthal, Nickel, Titanium and Stainless steel wires with the possibility to adjust the maximum temperature coefficient of the resistance you choose.
With a sober, compact and ergonomic look, the Lite also combines quality, power and reliability in a correct price range.
This Lite is available in two different colors: Black or Silver.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 22 x 42
- Product Length or Height in mms: 89
- Product weight in grams: 148
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
On the VaporFlask Lite, the body is brushed aluminum (for my test model), so fingerprints are not very visible. Molded in one block, it is totally smooth. The insertion of the battery is done by tilting the hatch which is located on the bottom of the box, so no tool is necessary. The system is practical and the maintenance is firm.
The 510 connection is made of stainless steel which gives it a long life thanks to the hardness of the material. On this connection, there is a large slot that allows, on the one hand, to evacuate the liquid so that it does not stagnate in the pine, on the other hand to use clearomizers with airflow under their base. On top-cap is engraved a hexagon in which the initials VF are noted for VaporFlask. Pine, meanwhile, is mounted on spring allowing mounting flush whatever the atomizer.
On the pivoting hatch (under the box), we see a circle that looks like a kind of barrel with nine holes, it is placed just under the battery allowing the evacuation of the gases generated by a battery in chemical imbalance that overheats . There are also inscriptions mentioning the designer, the manufacturer and of course, the name of the box bigger.
The screen is the same as the other Vaporflask, placed between the adjustment buttons and the switch. On this OLED display we find the following constant information: battery charge, resistance value, voltage and power. A display that is a bit small, but that fits the format of the VF Lite. On the bottom, following the buttons that are aluminum, there is the location of the micro USB cable for recharging your battery or updating your firmware, its lateral position allows the box to stay upright during these operations.
Its shape is quite original since it is curved flange (or bean compared to its format). The thickness is only 22mm but the curvature of 1.5mm imposes a total size of 23.5mm for a width of 42mm.
A pretty box with perfect finishes, whose look should seduce.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the Current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports firmware update
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
For functional features, the Lite offers you a fairly wide range of these possibilities with an upgradable firmware, to adapt the calculations to your resistive.
- 1 18650 format battery (not supplied).
- An output power from 1 to 75 W with a discharge current that requires more than 25 amperes at full power, so be careful to take a battery with the required characteristics (High Drain).
- Two working modes: power or temperature.
- Bypass access to vape as on a mechanical mod (with safety for the supported range of resistances: 0,1 to 3,5 Ω).
- The wires that can be used are: Nickel, Titanium or Stainless 316 for temperature mode.
- The resistance range is 0.1Ω to 3.5Ω for power mode and unregulated (Bypass) mode.
- The resistance range is 0.05Ω to 1Ω for the temperature mode.
- Lock function of the settings.
- Economic mode with the extinction of the screen during the vape.
- Resistance lock function to store the same initial value of the resistor (for the same assembly) at room temperature in temperature mode.
- Choice of display in ° C or ° F with a range of 100 to 315 ° C or 200 to 600 ° F.
- Ability to rotate the display to the right or left.
- In temperature control, the accepted wires are Nickel, Titanium or Stainless 316.
- The TCR mode is a temperature coefficient of resistance that allows to introduce other resistive son to the given list, by inserting the TCR of the material used. From M1 to M3, three additional materials can be introduced into memory.
- Possibility of recharging the box via the micro USB cable.
- Update the chipset via the USB cable here: http://www.wismec.com/lite/ .
The securities are also present with:
- Detection of the presence of the atomizer.
- The box is safe when the resistance is not within the accepted value range.
- Protection against short circuits.
- Temperature warning when the internal circuit temperature of the device exceeds 70 ° C "Device too hot"
- Temperature protection in CT mode when the resistance heats up above the given value.
- Deep discharge warning when the battery is too weak from 2.9V.
- Reverse polarity protection.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is still a clear fault for Vape Forward that really applies, to give not only a nice protection to his product, but also a maximum of information on its operation. Since in this rigid black cardboard packaging, there are two floors above, the box perfectly wedged in its foam and below, the micro USB cable with a product warranty and instructions for use in 5 languages (English, French). French, German, Spanish and Chinese). Moreover, I appreciated the correct translation which is really understandable by the users.
Surprise to see that with this product, the consumer and finally sufficiently considered to bring him a comfort of presentation and especially of understanding on the product which he buys, even if this one is not especially very expensive.
A perfect packaging that honors the manufacturer of this product AND its users.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This box is for me without a doubt one of the best and most successful of the market with the Presa 75W.
Let's start with the defects, I should have written this singular since I find only one, it is the size of the screen.
Yes I know, I pinch a little. But I remain on my hunger with this display a little outdated and small. Although all information is given and sufficiently visible, I would have preferred something wider for visual comfort (hey yes we are getting older!). Rest assured, it's just to find a fault.
Beyond the display, the handling is perfect. With its curved shape, it fits very well in the palm, its small size and its correct weight, are perfect for all types of hands, small or large. We can vape in all directions and it is for right-handed, as left-handed, everyone finds his account.
The buttons are stable and react immediately, the settings are precise and easy to use with a perfectly adapted approach. In addition, the instructions perfectly explain the operating mode of the functional characteristics mentioned above.
The insertion of the accumulator, is easily done without screwdriver by pushing the flap which pivots on an axis. Its maintenance is rather firm and its opening practical.
The port of the micro USB connection is located on the bottom of the box side, this will allow you to leave the lite standing during reloading.
For the association with an atomizer, know that the set up will be elegant with diameters of 22mm (or less), but will be perfectly flush thanks to the floating pin mounted on spring.
When at the vape, its chipset regulates to 75W effective and delivers without difficulty the requested powers, weak or strong, for a vape in complete safety and an optimal regularity.
There is only one thing to say, BRAVO!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All atomizers having a maximum diameter of 22mm
- Description of the test configuration used: With the double coil Goblin has 0.6Ω and on the kayfun mini V3 in CT to 0.25Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There is not really, everything suits him provided the atomizer does not exceed the 22mm diameter
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Vaporflask Lite is a real success in terms of mod electro "medium".
For a budget of 70 Euros, it has one of the best chipsets in its class, regulation, which comfortably provides 75 Watts and a regular vape almost perfect.
The adjustment approach is also easy. Using the three buttons you access various settings to obtain the necessary functions with ease, the manual in French clearly details the operations to be performed.
As for the quality, it is irreproachable. In brushed aluminum, the fingerprints are almost invisible, the look is elegant and the metal structure is in one block. So you do not have any apparent screws. Its bean shape is ideal for handling, whether right-handed or left-handed.
A jewel in top mod that deserves this distinction.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.