- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Myfree-cig
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Vape Forward has made a name for itself in the luxury vape thanks to its box-shaped flasks initially equipped with the Evolv DNA30 chipset then the 40 and finally the Yihi SX350j chipset.
These early versions were sold at prices that were also luxurious and often inaccessible without breaking the ELP.
On the strength of this observation and especially of this shortfall, Vape Forward has teamed up with a manufacturer that is no longer present: Wismec.
If today the chipsets are manufactured by Joyetech and the manufacture entrusted to Wismec, the design is still signed Vape Forward.
The new VaporFlask are still luxurious and well built, but for a very affordable price. Will the promises be kept?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 42.2
- Product Length or Height in mms: 85.2
- Product weight in grams: 148
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Flange
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first thing that strikes the grip is the impression of quality that emerges from the box. Nothing moves, everything is in its place. In its brushed finish (for me the most beautiful), the Lite shows an exemplary brushing job.
The whole body of the box is covered with a very thick transparent polyurethane varnish thus protecting this stainless steel from any trace of finger and other micro scratches. A simple rag is enough to make the shiny metal look.
Ditto for the battery door, the latter is mounted on a braked pivot, releasing the opening space necessary for the insertion of your 18650 battery and ensures a perfect fit.
A luxurious blend for a discount price ... who would have thought!
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Who says Joyetech chipset, says latest electronic technology.
The Lite therefore has a variable power mode, a meca (or bypass) mode and a full temperature control mode since it is compatible with Ni200, titanium and 316l stainless steel, but also with all the other types of wire available thanks to its TCR mode adjustable. (Temperature Coefficient Resistance)
To top it off, the Lite offers power from 75W and will shoot your resistors from 0.1Ω in power mode and 0.05Ω in TC mode.
To finish the tour of the owner, the Lite has a spring-loaded 510 connector with an elegant look that exudes quality.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Simple and complete packaging at a time.
Simple since for an electronic box there are not many accessories other than the USB cable for recharging and updating the firmware.
Complete because Vape Forward provides a comprehensive user manual and translated into several languages including French.
All locked in a black box with very sober decoration.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Lite is very easy to use. Indeed, 5 clicks to turn on or off the box, 4 to enter the menu navigation.
Other functions are available as a "stealh" mode by simultaneously pressing the shoot button and the [+] button.
For the TCR menu, box off, a long press of 20 seconds on the shoot and the [+] button will make you enter the configuration menu.
It is regrettable however that there is no mechanical lock on the box, you will have to turn it off via the sacrosanct 5 clicks for its transport or storage.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 4
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No rules, you get what you want, the box will do the job.
- Description of the test configuration used: several types of atomizers with different resistances.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No rules, it's as you want.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, what more can I say than I have already said ... So I will speak personally of this VaporFlask Lite.
I have been dreaming for a long time about her big sister and her SX350j, but her elitist price does not allow me, without sacrifice, to take the plunge. Although amateur of beautiful pieces, it is priorities in life that put you back on the ground.
So when Vape Forward secretly announced its partnership with Wismec to finally offer its boxes at an attractive price, I, like my cat in front of a box of tuna, licked my lips for a few minutes.
And here, finally, the chopper fell and it is not a box, but three that are announced: a 150W double battery, the Classic; a 75W single battery (26650) so sexy, the Stout. Finally, our box of the day, a 75W simple battery 18650, the Lite.
Three small boxes with an exemplary finish, stuffed with new technology giving everyone the opportunity to own high-end equipment, for a price almost ridiculous (almost).
You'll understand, I will not buy one of his three boxes, but all three!
note: do not follow the deplorable example of our reviewer without consulting before your companion and your banker ...
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.