- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Myfree-cig
- Price of the tested product: 99.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 150 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Vaporflask Classic is the third and last version of Vape Forward's revival. Always manufactured by Wismec and equipped with Joyetech's now famous chipset, the Classic is the one that most closely resembles its brand ancestors, at least for the form factor.
Always this flaccid aesthetic established by the manufacturer but, this time, with a Euro / Power ratio lower than one Euro. Auspicious all that ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 62
- Product Length or Height in mms: 92
- Product weight in grams: 213
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Flange
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We are clearly on the same qualitative line as Stout and Lite. Here in its black livery, the Classic imposes.
First by the very marked style in the form of flange. Then by the quality of manufacture and to finish with its maximum power since this last version delivers 150W of pure pleasure.
- Type of chipset used: Alternative
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
If not its power that goes to 150W and the two batteries it loads, the Classic has the same functions as its little sisters, namely a traditional mode with variable power, a mode "mecha" and a control mode very high temperature since it is compatible natively with Ni200, titanium and SS316l but also with all other TC wires thanks to its TCR setting.
It will shoot your resistors from 0.1Ω in power and 0.05Ω in TC mode.
As for "flushitude", do not worry. The Classic is equipped with a stainless steel 510 connector with a sober look that gives an elegant look to the set.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Very simple packaging, like the Classic. A black box with elegant decoration, enclosing your Classic well maintained in a foam bread, its USB cable for charging and upgrading the chipset and a complete manual translated into several languages including French.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
You will find on the Classic the same functions and menus as on all the latest Joyetech chipsets:
- A series of four clicks on the shoot will allow the change of mode: Watts -> By Pass (mech mode) -> Tc Ni200 -> Ti -> SS -> TCR.
- Five clicks to turn on / off the box.
- Continuous click, simultaneous button [+] and [-], to lock / unblock the settings button.
Here are the main functions of the Classic. They are enough and have already proven themselves.
Only the unusual grip can be confusing, but you get used to it very well.
The hard part will be choosing an atomizer that will fit with the beautiful.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 4
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No rules, the power is enough to run all your atomizers
- Description of the test configuration used: No rules, all your atomizers will work on the Classic
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No rules, all your atomizers will work on the Classic
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is with this Classic that we end this overview of Vaporflask, a range of three boxes sold at a price content without sacrificing the aesthetic and manufacturing qualities on the altar of low cost.
So what about this Classic?
If the grip can surprise at first, for lack of an unusual shape, it becomes obvious over time and the buttons will naturally fall under your fingers.
Even if the Classic is not my favorite (yes, I cracked on the Lite), I must admit that vaping during these last days with was a real pleasure. Which range!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.