- Sponsor who has loaned the product for the magazine: Do not wish to be named.
- Price of the tested product: 49.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
SV Ecig, Chinese brand, is quite unknown in our western countries. The most geeks of you could be arrested at the time of the release of their atomizer RDTA Thor, by its esthetic very worked by beautiful engravings and its capacity to be able to cascade several atos in one so as to have two evaporation chambers in the same body!
Here is a mini box, well in the air, that the manufacturer offers. In a nice presentation, it is offered at a rate slightly above the category average given a few features that take it out of the usual lot. Its 50W power, 2300mAh battery life and the ability to send 40A at maximum output, making it eligible for association with sub-ohm-mounted atomizers.
Available in two colors, black and red and white and black, it could well shake up the hierarchy among lilliputiennes.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25.5
- Product Length or Height in mm: 64
- Product weight in grams: 99.4
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
If the size is a little above, a few millimeters ready, a Mini-Volt, for example, its shape may well seduce beyond ultra-compactness. Indeed, the Rusher adopts a much rounder physique. Gone are the dictatorship of sharp rights and cubism "boxics"! A little aesthetic softness in this world of brutes does no harm and its roundness makes it very pleasant in hand. In addition, the object is beautiful, stamped with a red logo here on a black background that reproduces a bull in the middle of a charge movement. Even if it reminds a brand of luxury car that I will not mention but which begins with Lambor and ends with ghini, the effect is successful and the slight relief of the impression adds to the notion of perceived quality.
But this is not limited to that. The painting is also perfectly successful since it reproduces a rubber coating particularly soft in hand and, small detail that makes the difference, this painting is identical to the buttons, the top-cap and the bottom-cap of the Rusher. Then, the choice of a two-tone finish that alternates red and black parts is an eye-catcher that adds a lot to the seduction of the box. Married to a black atomizer, she will undoubtedly be the queen of the vapo!
The inclusion of a piece of carbon on the facade including the screen completes the aesthetic bias of the box and bring a sporty side that would not have denied some GT of the automotive world since we talk about it ...
Especially since the construction leaves no room for approximation. Based on an avionics-grade aluminum alloy chassis, the Rusher is lightweight and solid-looking. I did not throw it from the first floor to see if it was bouncing but I think I can say that the holding in time will be honest. The buttons are conveniently placed, the switch being pentagonal and round control buttons. The screen is small, which is inherent to the smallness of the object but remains visible and legible, including outdoors. a good point that we will come to weight later talking about the ergonomics between the buttons and the display.
We note the welcome presence of degassing holes on the main facade but also on the bottom-cap, their number being a plus undeniable because the beautiful using a LiPo battery, quite sensitive to shocks, better to predict, what the manufacturer has done in serenity. Good game. The positive pad 510 is installed on a rather soft spring and there is the presence of streaks on the top-cap which would indicate a possible possibility of air intake by this means. Alas, the edge of the connection being higher than the depth of marks, do not hope to finish your favorite cartos with the Rusher, you may end up in emergencies ...
In short, a more than positive quality balance that bodes well for the future. It's beautiful, well built, well finished and it's fashionable. But all the assets are not only aesthetic, we will see it immediately.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Atomizer Resistor Temperature Control, Clear Diagnostic Messages
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Rusher is powered by a ST Super Fast chipset which sends 50W in a resistance range between 0.1 and 3Ω, the output intensity capacity of the LiPo battery completing the crew to be sure not to end up bridled at some point. Tested with an atomizer 0.2Ω, no problem to achieve the maximum power, the Rusher does not flinch even if 50W are insufficient to feed such a montage, but it's something else ... With a montage in 0.5Ω, it causes better ! Even if the perfect target for this chipset seems to be between 0.7 and 1Ω to get the best.
Ergonomically, we will have to review the classics. Indeed, the control buttons are reversed compared to the acquired habit, the [-] being on the right when you look at the screen and the [+] on the left. Nothing unacceptable, however, just a few curses well felt at the time of wanting to gain power in perceiving that it drops visibly, but nothing but a short moment of practice will bypass.
The Rusher works according to 5 modes:
- A variable power mode, adjustable by one-tenth of a watt, that traverses a scale between 50W and 5W.
- A temperature control mode in Ni200, ranging from 100 to 300 ° C, increments per degree, in which you can also adjust the power.
- A temperature control mode in SS316, with the same advantages.
- A titanium temperature control mode, idem.
- A By-Pass mode that will send your atomizer the residual voltage of your battery with a maximum of 4.2V.
These modes can be accessed by pressing the switch three times. It is therefore necessary to repeat the operation as many times as necessary to lock in the chosen mode. It's a little tedious but we experienced worse.
To adjust the power to one of the three temperature control modes, simply press the [+] button and the switch at the same time and then adjust. Childish.
If you change ato to temperature control mode, before firing, press the [+] and [-] buttons at the same time so that the resistance is cold, thus avoiding potential chipset drift when your coil warms up. and that his resistance will change.
By pressing the [-] button and the switch at the same time, you block the chosen setting, either in watts or degrees depending on the mode you are in.
The Rusher switches to stand-by after 10s of non-use but goes back to work as soon as we switch or request a control button. It's quite well thought out because it allows to preserve autonomy while being perfectly transparent for the user.
Traditionally, you will turn off your box by clicking five times on the switch and you will do the same to turn it on again.
The protections are numerous and correspond, more or less, to the current de facto standard:
- Protection against too low battery voltage.
- Overheating protection of the chipset.
- Protection against short circuits
- Cut-off of 10s by puff.
- Protection against too strong discharge current
- Protection against certain venereal diseases ... no, I go astray.
On balance, the Rusher offers all the features suitable for any vapoter profile. Everything remains easily accessible even if we note two ergonomic details that confuse: the inversion of the control buttons and having to press three times each time to change the mode.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A beautiful black box, red and silver cardboard box, a white USB / Micro USB cable (I will have preferred red while doing ...) and a notice in English exclusively. This is fairly standard in current production but here too, the emphasis has been on the aesthetics of the packaging which, if it is not decisive, is always pleasant.
I take this opportunity to spend my usual rant on a possible Frenchization of the instructions for use knowing that such notice in English is illegal if the product is marketed in France and that it will not help potential primo-vapers unbroken to Thatcher's tongue to pass the vape.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Comfort, smoothness and efficiency are the three terms that come first after two days of intensive use and comparison.
The chipset works well and makes a vape quite sweet, due to some progressivity of the signal when firing. Indeed, for 4.7V asked, it will first send 4.4V and climb up to the voltage-plateau. There is not a significant latency, just a soft effect of the rise. The manufacturer seems to have chosen this mode of smoothing so as to avoid the inconvenience of dry-hits that can occur when the requested voltage arrives too quickly to the coil not yet perfectly irrigated.
By cons, the signal remains stable after and allows a tasty rendering fairly accurate and compact. The roundness, already suggested by the shape of the mod, seems here also apply and this will suit all vapers in search of a generous and sweet vape. This is not really suitable for users of Clapton or other complex resistive because the progressive rise of the signal will go against the expected boost effect to stir large assemblies.
For the rest, nothing to report, the box behaves to perfection, climbs in the towers without complaint and remains very pleasant, and in hand, and in the mouth.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Surprisingly, any atomizer diameter between 16 and 25mm will be suitable, provided that the height is contained enough for a matter of aesthetics
- Description of the test configuration used: Vapor Rusher + Theorem + OBS Engine + Cyclone AFC
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A black ato at your convenience
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
SV Ecig offers us here a great success in the world still open mini-boxs. It is well ahead of the competition by showing a range of 2300mAh which others can only dream. More effective than a Mini Target, better endowed with a Mini Volt in features and definitely more beautiful than Evic Basic, it should seduce by its advantageous physique and its capacity to send a constant vape and soft.
If we except some very slight ergonomic defects that are only new habits to take, we probably have a real alternative to the tenors of the category. More choice is always interesting at the time of purchase and it is far from the worst you will do.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.