- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Phileas Cloud
- Price of the tested product: 139.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.25 (VW) - 0,15 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The VapeDroid C1D2 is a new little wonder with great potential. She took and improved the benefits of a box in single battery to find halfway the dual battery mod. Why ? Well simply because it has kept a compact format with a surprising autonomy using an 26650 format battery. However, it will also be compatible with an 18650 format since an adapter is provided with.
In addition, its chipset, the DNA 75, allows it to not require too much discharge current, the battery must have a capacity of 25A against 35A (usually) on a box of 100W of the same type in single battery.
Vapedroid made very strong with C1D2, since the look, the ergonomics, the autonomy, the power ... in short many qualities were studied to adapt at best to the different atomizers to associate with this mod but also to your habits of vape.
This is a truly versatile box that allows you to vap in variable power or temperature control mode, pushing up to 75W and offering a working range in temperature from 100 to 300 ° C or 200 to 600 ° F. All types of resistive are accepted, provided to set the alloys that are not implemented in the chipset.
This box is also customizable via ESCRIBE, the Evolv software that you will find on their site or HERE, which allows you to make very personal choices by connecting to a PC. If not, at the beginning and for those who do not wish to embellish, the C1D2 has all the basics of a standard box and even more. So let's continue this test.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 44 x 28 (25 for the maximum diameter of the atomizer) and connection plate with a diameter 20mm
- Product Length or Height in mm: 85
- Product weight in grams: 200 and 156 without batteries
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, zinc alloy and silicone gel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first feature of this VapeDroid C1D2 is its shape. Compact and ergonomic, it takes place without difficulty in the palm of the hand and brings a very appreciable comfort with its rounded shapes.
This box is made of zinc alloy with a black silicone gel coating. This rubberized appearance gives it a particularly soft feel and good grip. Although it is not sensitive to fingerprints, the rubber matte side does not benefit from the more or less greasy traces of liquid that could leak but they disappear quickly with a handkerchief. No screws are visible.
On each side, there is a discrete opening that helps dissipate heat. Properly done, it reminds me of the gills of fish. In the same way, a rather fine off-hook allows you to grip the cover that encloses the battery. It opens easily and is perfectly maintained by three magnets. Two round magnets on the top of the hood and another rectangular on the bottom. This hood can be inserted in both directions so be careful to position the magnets to have a perfect fit.
Inside, there is a cradle as an adapter that can be removed very easily by pulling and tilting. Depending on the size of the battery you will use, you will keep it for an 18650 battery or you will remove it for an 26650 battery, the handling is really childish, no need for tools.
On the top-cap, there is a platinum stainless steel that can sit the atomizer. This platinum has a diameter of 20mm but accepted atomizers will have a diameter of 25mm without difficulty and especially without exceeding the walls of the box. The pin is spring-loaded and allows flush mounting with the mod without any adjustment being necessary. Next to the platinum, we see a logo of circular shape inlaid on the cape.
Although the back of the box is fully rounded, the front is flat in the length and a small width of 15mm which includes the screen, the switch, the knobs and the USB connection. All buttons are metal, rectangular and stable in their housing. The screen keeps a standard size of 32 x 9mm and provides a nice readability with a display of power in very large and clear information. This is the now well-known screen of the DNA75 chipset.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by software External, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650, 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Release of 1 A
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
We have already mentioned the versatility in the choice of the battery in 18650 or 26650. This will affect the autonomy of your box (and incidentally on the CDM) which is managed by a DNA 75 chipset. These features are inherent to this beautiful module that offers many possibilities:
The modes of vape: They are standard with a power mode from 1 to 75W which is used in kanthal, nichrome or stainless steel with a threshold resistance of 0.25Ω and a temperature control mode from 100 to 300 ° C (or 200 to 600 ° F) with Ni200 Resistive, SS316, Titanium, SS304 and TCR mode or it will be necessary to inform the coefficient of the resistive used (NiFe ...). The threshold resistance will be 0.15Ω in temperature control mode. Be careful when using batteries that provide at least 25A.
Screen display : The display gives all the necessary indications, the power you have set or the temperature display if you are in TC mode, the battery indicator for its charge state, the display of the voltage sent to the Atomizer when we vape and obviously the value of your resistance.
The different functions You can use different functions depending on the circumstances or the needs. Thus, the 75 dna offers the Lock mode (Locked mode) so that the box does not trip in a bag, it inhibits the switch. Stealth mode (Stealth mode) turns off the screen. Lock mode settings (Locked fashion) to prevent the value of the power or the temperature from going out of order unexpectedly. Locking the resistance (Resistance lock) allows to keep a stable value of it provided that it is used cold. And finally the setting of the maximum temperature (Max temperature adjust) allows you to save the optimum temperature setting you want to apply.
Preheating : In temperature control, Preheat, allows you to have a lapse of time that preheats your resistance so as not to burn the capillary.
Detection of a new atomizer: This box detects the change of atomizer, it is imperative therefore to always place atomizers with resistance at room temperature.
Profiles : It is also possible to create 8 different profiles with a prerecorded power or temperature to use a different atomizer, depending on the resistive wire used or its value, without having to set each time your box.
Error messages : Check Atomizer, Weak battery, Check Battery, Temperature protected, Ohms too high, Ohms too Low, Too hot (Too hot).
The screen saver : Automatically turn off the screen after 30 seconds
Refill function : It allows to recharge the battery without taking it out of its slot, thanks to the micro USB / USB cable connected to the PC. It also allows you to connect to Escribe.
- No resistance
- Protects from short circuits
- Signals when the battery is low
- Protects deep discharges
- Cut in case of excessive heating of the chipset
- Prevents if the resistance is too high or too low
- Cut in case of resistance temperature too high
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is not exceptional but preserves the box properly. In a black cardboard box, the box is coated with a protective film and wedged in a velvet foam.
In the box, there is also a battery adapter cradle that allows the use of 18650 batteries.
One floor below, there is a micro USB cable and a very complete user manual in English. Only the use of Escribe is not explained.
A conditioning that remains suitable.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, you use a DNA75 so I can assure you that it works perfectly well, that it is very responsive by providing the requested power without flinching and without heating. Its use is simple and the buttons are easy to handle.
This C1D2 has 8 profiles, dice its ignition (5 clicks on the Switch), you are necessarily on one of them. Each profile is intended for a different resistive: kanthal, nickel200, SS316, Titanium, SS304, SS316L, SS304 and No Preheat (no preheating resistance) and the screen is as follows:
- Battery charge
- Value of resistance
- Temperature limit
- Name of the resistive used
- And power to which you're vaping displayed at wholesale
Whatever your profile is the display that you have
To lock the box just press 5 once on the Switch very quickly, the same operation is necessary to unlock it.
You can block the adjustment knobs and continue to vape by simultaneously pressing [+] and [-].
To change profile, it is necessary to have first locked the adjustment buttons and then press the [+] twice. Then, just scroll through the profiles and validate your choice by switching.
Finally, in TC mode, you can change the temperature limit, you must first lock the box, simultaneously press the [+] and the [-] during 2 seconds and proceed to the adjustment.
For the stealth mode which allows to turn off your screen in use, just lock the box and hold for 5 seconds the switch and the [-].
To block the resistanceit is imperative to do this when the resistance is at room temperature (so without having heated it before). You lock the box and it is necessary to maintain during 2 seconds the switch and the [+].
It is also possible to modify the display of your screen, graphically visualize the work of your box, customize the settings and many other things, but for that it is necessary to download Escribe via the UBS micro cable on the website. 'Evolv
Select the DNA75 chipset and download.
After downloading, you will need to install it. It should be noted that Mac users will not find a version for them. However, it is possible to get around this by virtualizing a Windows on your Mac. You will find a way of doing that works HERE.
Once the installation is complete, you can plug in your box (on) and start the program. Thus, you have the possibility to modify at your convenience the Vapedroid C1D2 or to update your chipset by selecting "tools" then update the firmware.
To perfect it all, it is important to know that this product is not too energy efficient and has a good autonomy.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all models
- Description of the test configuration used: with the double coil RDTA combo with a resistive value of 0.33 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The vapeDroid C1D2 is really a beautiful box "hybrid" that allows to have excellent autonomy with a battery size 26650 in a rather compact size. The design is successful with its original shape in rounded curves. It fits ideally in the palm of the hand. Its black rubber coating also allows a good grip without slipping. No need for a screwdriver to change the battery, since it is through magnets that everything happens.
Equipped with a DNA 75, you are assured that all protections are insured. Its operation is irreproachable but not always very simple when we do not know it. It will certainly grope at first to find the right settings but like everything, it will be done in time.
The only downside for DNA 75 is the customization and various settings that will have to be done by Escribe. Everything is in English and it is not always easy to know where we are going, nevertheless with perseverance we find ourselves there and the forums are nests of information.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.