Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: Flavor Art France (Absotech)
- Price of the tested packaging: 5.50 Euros
- Quantity: 10 Ml
- Price per ml: 0.55 Euros
- Price per liter: 550 Euros
- Juice category according to the price per ml previously calculated: Entry level, up to 0.60 euro the ml
- Nicotine dosage: 4,5 Mg / Ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 40%
- Presence of a box: No
- Are the materials making up the box recyclable ?:
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Flexible plastic, usable for filling, if the bottle is equipped with a mouthpiece
- Cap equipment: Nothing
- Tip Feature: End
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Display of PG-VG proportions in bulk on the label: No
- Wholesale nicotine dosage display on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 3.22 / 5
Comments on the packaging
The Italians of Flavor Art are not newcomers in the field of design / production of e-liquids.
Already distributed in France, Absotech, distributor for France, ensures the representation and the widest distribution.
Regarding our potion of the day, we will focus on a declination of the Artist's Touch range; the Up.
Packaged in a vial of 10 ml of clear plastic, it is equipped with a fine tip at the end, an integral part of the original cap that I have never met so far.
The nicotine levels also upset our habits a little since 4,5 and 9 mg / ml are proposed, without omitting the reference deprived of nicotine or the highest reference in 18 mg / ml.
The PG / VG ratio is set at 50 / 40, the remaining 10% being spent on nicotine, flavors and distilled water.
The price is 5,50 € the 10 ml, to appear in the category of entry-level.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: No
- Presence of embossed markings for misleading on the label: Yes
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: Yes. Attention the safety of distilled water is not yet demonstrated
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch number on the label: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 4.13 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
The manufacturer claims certification in accordance with ISO 8317, which provides for compliance with current legislation and directives.
Note that if it is valid for the bottle, from January 1er January 2017, it will not be enough, the labeling will have to be reviewed.
I also let myself say that a new plug, much more classic would replace the current one I judge of a perfectible security ... to see ...
To the question of our protocol concerning the presence of clear pictograms on the label. I said no. If the only one actually displayed is finally the only one required, I find it well isolated in a list that, if it mentions the regulatory aspects, is rather illegible, loaded, leaving the impression of being there only because it is an obligation.
Notwithstanding these remarks, let us underline nevertheless the effort of the sign to propose juices without alcohol and other proscribed substances. A DLUO and a lot number as well as the coordinates of the place of manufacture and those of distributions.
Let's go to Caesar ... Since my last reviews of the products of the brand, I see that Absotech, which ensures the representation of Flavor Art in France, has redesigned its website. In addition to being better "damn" and clearer, we are now offered the safety sheets of potions.
This is a great initiative that it is normal to take up and salute at a time when the safety of e-liquids is unavoidable and welcome.
Appreciation of the packaging
- Does the graphic design of the label and the product name agree ?: Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in agreement with the price category: Can do better for the price
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 4.17 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Legislation and the size of packaging are constraints that some manufacturers are more successful in eliminating.
The result of Flavor Art packaging will not win the prize for attractiveness, but the job is done.
On my copy received 4,5 mg / ml of nicotine, I am entitled to the color of cap (dark blue) reserved for the higher dosage. One-off error or lack of rigor during bottling? This misunderstanding concerns the entire range of Artist's Touch that I was sent along with some other different versions ...
- Color and product name agree ?: Yes
- Does the smell and product name agree ?: Yes
- Definition of smell: Coffee
- Definition of taste: Sweet, Pastry, Coffee, Alcoholic
- The taste and the name of the product, do they agree ?: Yes
- Did I like this juice ?: Yes
- This liquid reminds me: Nothing precise ... in terms of vape but an Irish coffee or Baileys
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
This time the percentage of the flavors is a little larger or they are simply stronger.
Always it is that this Up is more easily identifiable than those boyfriends that I previously evaluated.
At the olfactory level the coffee is obvious and accompanied by an alcohol. I would rate it as whiskey. I feel like I'm having an irish coffee or Baileys ...
Let's look at the description of flavourists to see if we are on the right track.
The manufacturer announces a gourmet dessert cream, coffee, cereals with touches of alcohol.
The vape confirms this description. The top note is coffee. Without bitterness, just a little sweet it makes prevail its aspect of grilled grain and its delicate roasting.
I do not find it particularly greedy even if at times it seems to me to perceive chocolate reminiscences.
Unless the role of gluttony is held by this sensation, where it mixes a slightly creamy aspect, which evokes me these famous creams of whiskey to be tasted in moderation.
For cereals, if the role is held by the alcohol cited, it seems normal to me. If on the other hand it is the one evoked more pastry and greedy, I did not detect it.
The whole is coherent. Despite a relatively modest aromatic power and a mouthfeel in the mouth, this recipe is pleasantly vaper.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 30 W
- Type of steam obtained at this power: Normal (type T2)
- Type of hit obtained at this power: Light
- Atomizer used for the review: Dripper Zenith & Aromamizer V2 RDTA
- Value of the resistance of the atomizer in question: 0.74
- Materials used with the atomizer: Kanthal, Cotton
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
To evaluate this juice, the use of a RDA device seemed essential to me.
However, I wanted to check my impressions on an ato tank and this time I opted for an RDTA.
The weakness in the percentage of aromas is still felt ... although I see a better compared to other recipes as already mentioned in this review.
- Recommended times of day: Morned, End of lunch / dinner with a coffee, End of lunch / dinner with a digestive, All the afternoon during the activities of everyone, Early evening to relax with a drink, End with or without herbal tea, The night for insomniacs
- Can this juice be recommended as an All Day Vape: Yes
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.12 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
My mood ticket on this juice
Here I am reassured. Flavor Art knows how to make realistic and precise potions in terms of evocation of flavors.
It is after half a dozen juices tested, I began to doubt. Between assemblies lacking precision, consistency and simply aromatic power, I began to despair a little. I'm not talking about taste, because this characteristic is too subjective and I have not encountered "bad" variations. No, I am talking about the faculty of flavourists in the choice, assembly, quality and dosage of different flavors.
The Up raises the glove. His taste, his vape are pleasant. The recipe faithfully evokes the description proposed by the manufacturer. The mixture is balanced, the alchemy is quite credible.
The aromatic power is still modest and the potion delivers its flavors only on material with a "sharp" flavor. But the result is there.
At 5,50 € the vial of 10 ml, there is no harm in having fun.
Long live the vape and live the free vape,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.