- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: EVaps
- Price of the tested product: 59.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Trident of Council Of Vapor is an elegant and slender box. The design is rather neat with great ergonomics and the removal of the batteries is like an automatic pistol charger. However, we can not ignore the striking resemblance to the SX mini but the comparison stops there.
Its power ranges from 7 to 60 watts and several modes are possible such as temperature control with Ni200 or By-Pass mode.
The value of the resistance must be greater than 0.05Ω, which leaves great possibilities to vape sub-ohm.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 39.6 x 23.9
- Product Length or Height in mms: 91.2
- Product weight in grams: 116
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, carbon fiber
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Various materials make up the Trident with an aluminum top-cap covered with a matte black paint.
Inside, it is a plastic assembly that correctly isolates the battery, together on which slides a moving part. This is the whole appearance, it is carbon fiber, totally smooth and slightly glossy, revealing ribs to give a wood look in a medium oak color.
You will understand, no hatch to replace the battery but somehow a "case" carbon that removes easily by unlocking the latch on the bottom, to change the battery.
The aluminum knobs are practical and comfortable and the 510 connection is equipped with a spring-mounted pin that fits perfectly to all atomizers.
On the front, under the buttons, it is possible to connect a micro USB cable for recharging. Its position is practical because it is not useful to set the box for this operation, however the reloading is not pass-through so you will not be able to vape during this operation.
I did not find a degassing hole in case of heating.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Easy to use with an ideal grip, the variation of power vade 7 to 60W. For the temperature mode, it will be between 100 ° C and 300 ° C with a minimum accepted resistance of 0.05 Ω and the diameter of the compatible atomizers is 23mm.
The menu offers us the possibility of putting the box off, to choose the working mode in power or temperature with only one option which will automatically be the NI200. For the latter, you can also adjust the temperature units in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit and set the temperature limit or power according to the previous choice. You will also be asked to reverse the display of your screen then the bypass mode to use your box as a mechanical mod but keeping all the security.
On the Trident, you can memorize up to five types of settings to vape on different preset powers. A resistance reaction mode is offered between three possibilities: Soft, Standard or Powerfull.
The safeties are standard, namely: locking / unlocking the device, protection against polarity reversal, against short circuits or resistance too low (under 0.05Ω). Detection of your atomizer and especially it protects you against deep discharges so that your battery does not go under the 3.2V not to damage it.
An overheating detection of the PCB is also present.
During the vape on the screen, the display gives us:
- The power of vape
- The value of the resistance
- The charge level of the battery
- The reactivity mode of the resistance
- The used memory (from M1 to M5)
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is sufficient for the product offered and at the height of its tariff claims.
In a clear plastic transparent box, Council of Vapor offers us the box housed in a protective foam with a micro USB cable for reloading and an identification number for authenticity on a note that is only in English but very complete.
Everything remains consistent with a product in this range.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, it is not very complicated:
3 clicks on the switch to lock / unlock the box.
5 clicks to access the menu, with the keys (+) and (-), just make your choices in the proposals made and described above in the functional characteristics.
During use, you can change the stored settings by pressing (+), adjust your choice and then the switch to exit when the settings are effective. In the same way you can choose the resistance reaction mode between Soft, Standard or Powerfull by pressing (-).
Nothing very farfetched, not even the choice of resistive wire in temperature mode since the nickel will be the resistive chosen by the box without other options.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all atos up to 23mm in diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: with Aromamizer in 0.5 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Just avoid assemblies with resistors under the 0.2Ω under risk of having the box overheated
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Council Of Vapor Trident is a standard box with a nice power margin up to 60W, combined with a single battery in 18650. Nothing very exceptional since even the resistive wire in temperature control mode can only be in NI200.
The ergonomics of the box is pleasant as well as the carbon material, which nevertheless remains quite fragile in front of aluminum boxes that are available on the market.
The proposal of this box is simple in the use, easy to understand and to handle and finally, effective with the security of uses. It is a product that is suitable for vapers seeking a "practical" vape on a daily basis.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.