- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 78.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
KangerTech took a little time to technically align with the competition, but was very strong in the panel proposed for a few months. This starter kit Kbox mini + Toptank mini, in 75W TC is a concentrate of the advanced technology, available at the beginning of this year 2016.
For a moderate price you have a box with impressive performance, an atomizer (clearomizer) and its proprietary resistors (3 total), plus a mini RBA tray to make your montages. The box also includes many accessories and a notice in French.
No wonder the Chinese brand floods the planet vape, it is with Joyetech, a major brand to which we will have the most advanced technological development, accessible to the greatest number.
The unfavorable provisions of the TPD are already anticipated, as regards the stability and regulation of the power delivered, and even beyond, with the temperature control. It is certain that faced with the creativity of the manufacturers, the deadly decisions of the corrupt technocrats of Brussels, to kill the vape, do not weigh very heavy. We see all this in detail, let's go.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 175 + 60g with ato
- Materials composing the product: Aluminum / zinc, brass, (Stanless Steel grade 304, Pyrex for ato)
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The box is more ergonomic than its direct competitor eVic VTC Mini, of identical proportions, it is differentiated by rounded sides. It is a reduced replica of the Subox both on the materials that compose it, as on the aesthetic aspect. The body is Aluminum / Zinc alloy stronger than aluminum alone. Its top course is planned for atos powered from below in air. The brass positive pin is spring loaded.
The cradle is accessible by removing the magnetic cover pierced with the logo of the mark to serve as a vent of degassing, you will observe that the battery (not supplied) is positioned positive pole down.
The functional part is identical to that of Subox which you will find a complete review here: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/8056
The supplied atomizer is a mini TopTank, with features similar to the Subtank mini (review here: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/3097 ), with however a difference in the filling, we will come back to it.
The two main elements of this kit are excellent workmanship, flawless and particularly suitable for primo vapoteurs, the proportions and the refined aesthetics, will seduce these ladies, especially as they also have the choice of colors.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Functional characteristics of the box:
Switch on / off the box: press 5 quickly on the fire button - The 6 operating modes can be selected by pressing 3 on the fire button - Adjusting the power / temperature: press the [+] or [-] button - Mode WV (Wattage Variable) from 7 to 75W in increments of 0,1W - TC Mode from 100 to 300 ° C (200 to 600 ° F) - TC Mode with Nickel Resistors (Ni) - TC Mode with Titanium Resistors (Ti) - TC mode with stainless steel resistors (SS) - TC mode with Ni-Chrome (NiCr) and Kanthal resistors - Swap the display orientation: Long and simultaneous pressing of the [+] and [-] buttons - Lock the [+] and [-] buttons: simultaneously press the 3 buttons during 3 seconds.
All securities are present. The box asks you every change of ato: NEW COIL? Yes [+] or No [-]. The display continuously dispenses the charge level of the battery, the resistance value of the ato, the power or temperature set, the voltage delivered during the vape. After 10 seconds of vape, the box cuts. It also indicates the usual short circuit messages, too low / high resistances, insufficient battery charge and too high internal temperature.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Kit Contents: 1 x RBA Mini Plus Tray - 1 x Micro USB Cable - 1 x Kbox TC Mini 75W - 1 x Mini Tank Top - 1 x Delrin Drip Tip - 1 x SSOCC Resistance 0.5Ω Stainless Steel in Organic Cotton - 1 x 200Ω Ni0.15 Resistor - 1 x 0.5Ω Clapton Coil Resistor - 2 RBA Resistors - 4 Replacement Screws - 1x Mini Screwdrivers - 1 x Japanese Organic Cotton Sachet - 1 x Micro USB Cable - 1 x Black and Red Stickers Lot for rechargeable batteries - 1 x notice in French - 1 x Warranty card with serial number (to be retained to benefit from the guarantee).
The standard package at KangerTech, a cardboard box with magnetic cover, hyper complete and adapted to the importing country, impeccable.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the box is reactive and rather powerful at high power, the electronics are not energy intensive and functions are quickly accessible. You will be careful to use a High Drain battery with a high discharge capacity of at least 35A if you need to go beyond 50W and 25A below this power.
No function of memorizing the fixtures but a rather quick calibration for new atos cold mounted, a few seconds are enough in TC mode. You must yourself signify at the box the type of resistive mounted, it calculates then the power to be delivered not to exceed the maximum temperature required. No pulse boost, hence a small lag with low mounts, not really embarrassing.
The Toptank is both a clearomizer and a RBA, considering that it is equipped with the RBA mini plus tray that already fitted the Subtank mini. With a useful 4ml capacity, it is compatible with Ni200, Titanium, Stainless Steel and Ni-Chrome. Compatible with OCC resistors from 0,5 to 1,5Ω Kanger. Its drip tip in Delrin offers an opening of 4,5mm, 510 base, so you can change it without worry.
The airflow adjustment is carried out by means of a notched ring which allows a total opening of 2 x 1,75 x 8mm, or a progressive closing. Two other positions are planned for a tight vape. The peculiarity of this ato is its filling from above by unscrewing the top cap, you access 2 wide slots that receive any tip. The operation takes place having been careful to close the airflow to prevent leakage filling, and the priming of the resistances before closing the tank by its base.
The charging of your battery is provided by a charging module laterally integrated into the box, via the USB / MicroUSB cable provided. All is flush of course, aesthetic and compact, it is a pleasure to use it in all discretion (for the black model).
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato up to 22mm diameter, sub ohm or higher mountings
- Description of the test configuration used: Toptank Mini
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, prefer sub ohm fixtures.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Three years ago, if it had been revealed to me to what level of technicality the material of vape would end up in 2016, I would not have believed it. It's really staggering as everything has evolved in the direction of safety and better comfort of vape, it comes out a novelty almost every month 3. The TopBox mini Starter kit is the best example of the culmination of the work of creation of the sector, accessible to all, this material includes the functionalities necessary for a vape of beginner, like that of a veteran.
This is the very type of useful gift to offer to a friend willing to take the leap to other horizons less harmful than tobacco, think of it you will do an action of which one can just regret that it is not reimbursed by the security, (but perhaps partly by your mutual).
Thank you for taking the time to read this review, your opinion interests us, do not hesitate to publish it here.
Good vape to everyone.
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.