- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: myfree-cig http://www.myfree-cig.com
- Price of the tested product: 164.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Tomahawk, mod mecha. Mohawk design mods & manufacturing by JD Tech.
This mini mod mecha comes out in limited series of 1000 copies, including 300 for the Graphite version (black). A tube in 18350 and 2 extensions for 18490, 18500 and 18650 batteries. It comes with a coordinating drip-tip (510), a velcro closure and a piece of soft handkerchief. Commercially speaking, at the price at which it is sold, the supplied accessories are welcome. I would say that if there were none, it would have been regrettable, we'll see why a little further.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 71
- Product weight in grams: 55
- Material composing the product: Copper
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Magnetic mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 6
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Average
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Here we are in the presence of the graphite version I received for this review. Thanks to Myfree-cig for this loan, I take great care.
The external appearance is glossy black lacquer, revealing on the lower tube engraved streaks of decreasing widths in the copper material of which this mod is made. A serial number #330 is etched near the switch. Hybrid top cap has besides the 510 screw pitch, 2 holes whose utility escapes me (unscrewing help?) Since they are obstructed by the attached magnet glued on the other side, it is collared by a thin notched circular edge (thickness 1 mm) for easy screwing / unscrewing.
- 41.0 mm to 18350
- 56.0 mm to 18490 or 18500
- 71.0 mm to 18650
Lightweight, the weight of an 18650 and more! it consists of a main tube for all configurations, the one that hosts the switch in its mini size in 18350.
The tubes and extensions are in lacquered copper but their finish leaves something to be desired. Once assembled at their junction, they present (on my model) a salient arc sensitive to the touch (not on the whole circumference). The nets and no screws do not have the precision that one is entitled to expect from such expensive equipment, only the mono-tube configuration in 18350 is perfectly flush.
The battery can float laterally inside, this is the case for the mod tested. The push for switcher is flexible not too hard but not very flexible.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18350,18490,18500,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The tube that receives the encapsulated power button has a circular return that ensures the holding. 2 rows of 3 degassing vents are arranged on one of the engraved streaks. The originality that also makes this mod is really very short is its switch system. The pusher (engraved on the outside) is tub-shaped, it receives the negative part of the battery directly. On the other side, in the positive part, the battery will be covered by a ring with an annular neodymium magnet, glued top-cap side (note that you can reverse the direction of the poles of the battery)
The top-cap is also provided with a neodymium magnet for pushing the switch / battery / magnetic ring assembly sliding inside the tube. Contacts are made by rubbing copper parts, so make sure to keep them clean and unoxidized.
No lock system to avoid an extended pulse or not, but surely undesired; a detail that may appear innocuous as it is true that the design of the system is safe enough at this level, but we are not sure that the improbable can not happen and if it happens ... ..damage.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: No
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 0.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For a mecan you tell me that a manual is not very useful or not, yet it would have been wise to propose one if only to describe the procedure for setting up the battery and for the warnings of security inherent in the vape in mecha. Due to the material used for its manufacture, details for maintenance and good conductivity would also be desirable. It was made an effort on transport and storage by the presence of the bag stamped with the name of the mod in a completely readable way.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
With a button battery (positive pole = button-top) the remaining race to insert the ato is 3,3 mm (in 18650 version), insufficient for an Origen, Magma .... and in my opinion the majority of atos. The direct consequence of this short race is that by screwing your ATO, without doing anything else, it starts to power up and you can not cut the circuit, so forget the nipple batteries.
Now let's talk about the positive aspects because there are some, you have to be objective in the meaning 2. Of course it's a mini mod, and maybe even at the moment the smallest in all the configurations on offer, here it is in 18650 next to an AGA T7 nothing to say is enough.
Maximum conductivity as long as care is taken of the conductive parts (polishing, degreasing). Flexible tensioning and efficient return to the cut position. The aesthetics is neat, the lacquer looks good, it has importance over time. Its storage / transport bag is studied for a set-up up to 11,5cm, drip-tip included, it is solid, nylon, and can happen at the belt. The supplied drip-tip delrin / copper (4,8mm opening) coordinates the set whether it is full copper or graphite.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all types of RDA, RBA, but not beyond 22 mm in diameter, the ideal being an ultra short dripper for a question of look
- Description of the test configuration used: in 18650, drippers, 0,6 and 1 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: An ato not exceeding the mod size will be better! otherwise yours will go very well.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I used 2 atos with this 18650 mod, one with 0,6 ohm and the other with 1 ohm, no battery heating or mod and excellent responsiveness, negligible drop-volt. The capsule (switch) offers a perfect contact for optimum conductivity, it can certainly support lower resistance values. In hand, it is obviously more discreet and we can of course put it up without risk of untimely fire.
I avoided bumping it, letting it go or scrubbing it with emery cloth and I'm not sure it would come out of these tests without damage .... It is copper so subject to deformation in case of shock, lacquered so fragile to scratches, and as rightly pointed out Sylvie (our colleague Vapelier), the magnets it contains should not be subject to high temperatures on pain of losing their properties. It turns out that these magnets are stuck and if they break or you decide to change them, you will have to heat them to remove the glue, they are available here:
Knowing that the hotspots of the batteries are near the positive pole, you will be well inspired to position the latter in the capsule (switch) of the tube that contains (striated). In mod mecha, this reversal of the sense of accu does not have a contra-indication. To those who will acquire this object, I beg to ask you to make a quick return here, you will be only 1000 in the world! Thank you in advance.
Looking forward to reading you
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.