- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Titanide
- Price of the tested product: 179 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of assembly
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.15
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Phébé range of Titanide has no less than 6 high-end mods. The quality of the work is exceptional and feels perfectly in use.
For each model there is a dedicated clearomizer for use in hybrid, ie the tank pin is in direct contact on the positive pole of the battery.
The atomizer remains compatible with Kanger BDC, VOCC and VaporWerxUSA KR103 resistors.
But today the magazine will rather be based on the tubes themselves.
Made of titanium, so almost indestructible and scratchproof, Titanide even offers a customization for its tubes. The locking ring of the switch also called locking ferrule is gold-plated brass 24 carats except for the model 26650 or it is in titanium. The contact screws remain in brass.
Each mod is guaranteed to LIFE by the manufacturer, its investment and thus profitable over the years ... since the acquisition passes directly within the family patrimony.
Let's find out more about these exceptional mods ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 96
- Product weight in grams: 59
- Materials composing the product: Titanium, Brass, Gold
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Not applicable
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 10
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Absolutely everything fits together perfectly: a quality of not screw grazing perfection. Whether the thread of the safety ring or even that of the top cap it gives the impression that there is oil. No noise, no addicts, it's perfectly fluid.
Titanium does not take fingerprints, the only place where there can be is on the safety ring.
For his switch, mama mia, it's butter. Flexibility and conductivity that stands out from the crowd ... it's out of the ordinary.
If you are using a pin battery, you only need to remove the two o-rings at the bottom of the mod to make the adjustment.
The mod's drop volt is almost zero with four thousandth of a loss. To say nothing, it does not feel on the vape it provides, perfectly smooth. Mods are designed to work with IMR (Lithium Manganese) batteries.
It is possible to disassemble the mod fully to clean thoroughly and lose nothing in conductivity. Ditto for the switch. To do this, simply hold down the switch, and using a large flat screwdriver, loosen the screw at the bottom of the tube.
A small cleaning once every two weeks will allow you to lose nothing in conductivity, and maintain optimal comfort.
For the setting of the pine is not obvious, in fact, after removing the top cap, it must be put upside down and tap the pin to raise it. Then, it must be put back on the mod, and screw the clearomiser or dripper until the pin makes contact with the battery. These mods are clearly intended for use in dedicated set up, and not to support four changes of atomizers per day ... the quality of the conductivity seems to have a price to pay ... and as we will see later it will undoubtedly be the only flaw that can be blamed on this mod.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The range includes six mods, five of which are compatible with dedicated hybrid clearomizers.
Each mod is named as Titanide Phébé 14500, 14650, 18350, 18500, 18650 and 26650.
The figures correspond to the model of battery used with the mod.
The design is the same for all, only the 26650 differs, the safety ferrule is not gold-plated brass, but in titanium. The ring is a little more worked because it includes laser engravings.
In this picture we can see from left to right: 14500, 14650, 18350, 18500, 18650 and 26650
As a vent for heat, the brand logo is laser cut ... well seen! The aesthetic remains perfect.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The cardboard drawer box provides all the protection needed to get to your home.
By opening it you will find the mod in a foam covered with soft black velvet.
On the front of the box, inserted in a silver elliptical shape, one can perfectly read the name of the manufacturer with the site and "MADE IN FRANCE". An elegant curve can be seen once the box is closed.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It is another type of vape to vape on a mechanical mod. It is necessary to have a minimum of knowledge on the realization of the resistances, the different types of wires to build them, and to master the law of OHM. With these two little think stupid you're ready.
You also need to know what your battery can handle as an amp discharge and thus make your mount a hair above the limits to keep a margin of safety and avoid degassing and death of the battery. Finally, last point, avoid discharging your batteries under the threshold of 3,2 volts to give them a longer life.
Then you see if you are more dripper or clearomizer .... My configuration for the test suits me perfectly, a dripper in double coil for a value of 0,15 ohm, gives me a perfect vape for me.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Rebuildable either the intended hybrid atomizer
- Description of the test configuration used: Dripper twissted 2 mass 0,15 double-coil assembly Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A dripper suits him perfectly
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
What a pleasure to vape on such a mod. The conductivity is perfect and nothing comes to alter it.
The vape is is smooth is nice ... it's indescribable and really out of the ordinary ... no electronic mod can ever compete with such a feeling ... never.
I wish all those who love the vape on mechanical mod to have the chance to test a model of the range.
While its investment is expensive but in case of breakage, know that Titanide lifetime warranty all mod. We are fortunate in France to have a know-how, as well as craftsmen continuing to exploit it for our greatest satisfaction.
I think crack on one of these mods (do not tell my wife please ...), I have a dripper that suits him perfectly ... look ... what a beautiful set-up is not it?
Good vape to all.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.