- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Phileas Cloud
- Price of the tested product: 129.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.25 (VW) - 0,15 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Lost Vape offers us a little masterpiece with the Therion TC which ships a DNA75 chipset from Evolv, a manufacturer whose reputation is second to none.
Absolutely everything has been cared for this product. Its packaging, its look, its quality, its electronics, nothing was left to chance. It is a luxurious box that costs a bit expensive indeed but to have scrutinized in every nook, I think I can say that it is the most beautiful box that I could meet in this price range.
She embarks with her two 18650 batteries and yet its size leaves nothing to show. However, the weight feels a little but remains very correct, even for a woman.
Aesthetically, the marriage of materials is breathtaking. The sleek line gives a distinguished look and the chipset offers us a real comfort of vape.
The power of this Therion goes from 1 to 75W. It also includes the TC mode, which unit of measure will be chosen by you for a temperature range between 100 and 300 ° C or 200 and 600 ° F. Resistances will be accepted from 0.15Ω in TC mode and from 0.25Ω in variable power mode. Resistives accepted are kanthal, nickel, SS316, titanium and SS304. We also have the presence of the TCR so we can implement the coefficient of the resistive used.
It should be noted, nevertheless, that you will have to configure the chipset to personalize it a little, if only to have the display in degree Celsius for example when you vaporize in TC. By default, you will be satisfied with the display in Watts in big character while the temperature will be displayed in very small. Even if this setting is not really necessary, I recommend it for more visual comfort.
The hood of the box is available in several colors, that of my test is brown.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 54 x 25 (27 with bevels on the top cap)
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90.5
- Product weight in grams: 287 and 195 without batteries
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Wood, Leather, Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The quality is quite exceptional with a marriage of materials that unite to perfection.
The frame or "frame" is made of stainless steel with a smooth light gray color that contrasts with the visible parts in zinc alloy for the hood and on the sides, a darker gray whose grainy appearance gives relief at the box.
The hood is covered with a layer of brown leather that reveals nuances of color with the veins of the skin. The collage of the two elements has been neat and no bubble spoils the appearance. Even if some drips may have tainted the leather during a filling, during drying nothing appears. On each side of the box, a dark wood piece that looks like ebony has been encrusted to finish wonderfully this prodigy of aesthetics. Everything is well assembled, nothing exceeds, nothing moves, I'm thrilled!
Although the Therion seems purified and distinguished, its line is not yet the simplest with edges, chamfers, inlays and many nets that embroider the object.
On the top, the 510 connection is accompanied by a platinum 22mm diameter to avoid (or limit) the scratches caused by screwing and unscrewing atomizers. There are also two pretty laser engravings that represent the Therion logo and its name.
The location of the batteries is accessible by pulling on the hood which is only blocked by a magnet on the top. Four lugs that fit into the frame and a button that fits inside the hood act together to ensure the stability of the casing.
The dimensions of the box are 54 x 27 x 90.5 because the perimeter is provided with a rim but the body of the beautiful does not exceed the 25mm in hand.
The screen is a good size and offers good readability with a display of power in very large and clear information. The buttons, three in number, are square in shape with broken angles to give an octagonal style. The switch is a little larger than the adjustment buttons and the positions of the set are fairly standard but the difference shown is the tiny led under the switch that changes color when the support is extended.
The pin is spring loaded, which will give a flush mount with all the atomizers and the Micro Usb port is at the very bottom, on the facade.
The only flaw I can give it is that it does not have openings for heat dissipation when needed. There is also a slight difficulty for the insertion of the first battery because of the contact springs which, with time, soften a little. Anyway, we can not not like the Therion!
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Adjusting the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Release of 1 A
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Overall, the Therion's features are standard with a variable power mode from 1 to 75W and a temperature control mode from 100 to 300 ° C. Threshold resistors are 0.15Ω for 0.25Ω CT for power (watch out for sub-ohm followers).
It is imperative to use this box with batteries of at least 25A from CDM.
The chipset has overheat protection, set by default to 450 ° F but this limit can be set with "Escribe" (downloadable software from the website).Evolv) , a software that will allow you to customize the Therion, globally by setting the 8 possible profiles and adjusting many preferences.
The Therion also detects atomizer change but that's not all ...
The display shows the power (or temperature depending on the setting), the battery charge, the resistive value, the voltage and the current (or resistive material).
You can lock the box, leave it in stealth mode by blocking the knobs, stabilize the resistance value by locking it and set the temperature from the maximum value.
It has an economizer function that cuts the display after 10 seconds of inactivity and can be reloaded via the micro USB port or update the module.
The other possibilities of the Therion:
- It detects the absence of resistance
- It protects short circuits
- It signals when the battery is low
- It protects against deep discharges
- It cuts itself in case of excessive heating of the chipset
- It warns if the resistance is too high or too low
- It cuts itself in case of resistance temperature too high
In short, good to marry, the pretty ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is really pretty!
This Therion is delivered in a large black box, a case in which a post-shaped foam protects your box accompanied, in a small box, its micro USB cable and the instructions for use.
In the style of a jewel, this product is superbly presented.
The record is complete but all in English and not translated, but I will provide you with a maximum of information in "Use" for those who are afraid of "rowing" a little.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, you use a DNA75, so I can assure you that it works perfectly well, that it is very responsive by providing the requested power without flinching and without heating. Its use is simple and the buttons are easy to handle.
This Therion has eight profiles customizable by Escribe. From its ignition (5 clicks on the Switch), you are necessarily on one of them.
Each profile is intended for a different resistive: kanthal, nickel200, SS316, Titanium, SS304, SS316L, SS304 and No Preheat (to choose a new resistive) and the screen is as follows:
- Battery charge
- Value of resistance
- Temperature limit
- Name of the resistive used
- And power to which you are vaping, displayed at wholesale
Whatever your profile is the display you have.
Easy to use, to lock the box just press 5 once on the switch very quickly, the same operation is necessary to unlock it.
You can lock the control knobs and continue to vape by simultaneously pressing [+] and [-].
To change the profile, it is necessary to first block the adjustment buttons and then press twice on the [+], then simply scroll through the profiles and confirm your choice by switching.
Finally, in TC mode, you can change the temperature limit. You must first lock the box, press simultaneously the [+] and the [-] during 2 seconds and proceed to the adjustment.
It is also possible to modify the display of your screen to graphically visualize the work of your box, customize the settings and many other things, but for that it is necessary to download Escribe via the micro cable UBS on the site of 'Evolv
Select the DNA75 chipset and download.
After downloading you will need to install it.
Once the installation is complete, you can plug in your box (on) and start the program. Thus, you have the possibility to modify at your convenience the Therion or to update your chipset by selecting "tools" then update the firmware.
To perfect it all, it is important to know that this product is not too energy efficient and retains a good autonomy.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All types of atomizers
- Description of the test configuration used: Aromamizer in 35W and 0.5Ω and Ni200 in 280 ° C for 0.2Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Therion is a real wonder. We knew Evolv chipset whose performance is no longer to prove, but associate the last of them to a carapace of this type, I must say that I begin to believe that paradise exists!
This box is simply sublime but it has small disadvantages such as the insertion of the first battery that is a little hard, the lack of vents to regulate the air and the personal setting only by downloading the software. Three small flaws for many benefits that I can not quote you so there is, then necessarily I was not going to make this gem to our sponsor ... Hey yes I cracked! (It's not good, Ed.)
It is a very good product, neat under all these seams which, in my opinion, deserves its price and for its exceptional quality I grant him the Top Mod.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.