- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Oxygen shop
- Price of the tested product: 129.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Lost Vape offers us a little gem. Three materials for this box, zinc alloy, stabilized wood and leather. It ships Evolv's DNA 75W chipset to offer an unparalleled vape on a box. The choice of the 75 W was probably made to reach more people, because a chipset 200 W can be scary and useless for some, detail that Lost Vape took into account.
For a good autonomy, it loads two 18650 batteries in parallel, which allows to be quiet for the day by not exceeding 40 W if you use it a lot. Despite being an Evolv DNA chipset, you will need to download the version of Escribe for the 75W You can consult it by clicking here.because the one for the DNA 200 does not take it into account.
Who says little gem, says case to the height. Believe me on this side, Lost Vape has done once again!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 53
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90.5
- Product weight in grams: 286
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Wood, Leather
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It is clear at a glance that this box is of perfect quality. The mixture of the three materials is well thought out and gives a result of the most beautiful it is. I let you see for yourself.
The hood of the box is covered with leather, three colors to choose for this model. Brown, black or suede coating.
On the top we will find the 510 connector with a diameter of 22mm. It is difficult to see it in the photo, but it is raised half a millimeter. Which allows that even a wider ato will not scratch the top, had to think about it, without harming the aesthetics of the box. The name and logo of the box are also present, via a laser engraving.
The batteries are housed under the hood, which holds him firmly thanks to a magnet, but not only. Indeed, under this one, there is a small locking screw which is adjustable.
The first battery that lodges, only about half its size, hence the compact size of the box.
The screen of the box offers good visibility, its brightness is adjustable via Escribe. The switch is octagonal, and under it, an LED is present that changes color while staying pressed. A little fun side ^^
- Type of chipset used: DNA (Evolv)
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the personalization of its behavior by external software, Adjustment of the display brightness, Messages of clear diagnostics, operational light indicators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Functional level, it is not left out. DNA 75 takes everything from its big brother, DNA 200.
Battery charge display
Display of the resistance value
Protection against short circuits from the atomizer
Reverse polarity protection of accumulators
Display of the current vape voltage
Showing the power of the current vape
Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
Temperature control of the atomizer resistors
Supports the update of its firmware
Supports the customization of its behavior by external software
Adjusting the display brightness
Luminous indicators of operation
As we can see, it's pretty complete. For its price, we are spoiled.
Everything is configurable via the Evolv software, named Escribe
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Conditioned like a jewel in its case. It is in a box of sober cardboard of black color that you will find the box delicately placed in a foam of protection. It is accompanied by its micro USB cable, which acts as a reload connector and data via the Evolv website.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It is a pleasure to vape on such a box. No need for 200 W to get your foot. In this box, you can set up to eight profiles. Either one for each type of resistive wire, or a different profile for each ato used.
Its screen is legible and configurable according to the information you want to see. Basic there is:
The battery meter
The resistance value
The name of the profile in abbreviated form
The power of vape
Like most boxes on the market, pressing 5 once in a row on the switch, it locks. By staying pressed simultaneously on the [+] and [-], the power is also locked.
Once the power is locked, by pressing the [+] twice in succession, you can select the desired profile, having first configured it on Escribe.
Level autonomy you will not be left behind, count the day with a power of vape of 50 W.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? any type of clearomizer, RDA, RDTA, RTA
- Description of the test configuration used: US 1 atty, double coil in kantal and single coil in SS316 for temperature control
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the one that suits you best ^^ But a small dripper or an avocado 24 mm makes good, level vape and visual.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It was a pleasure to have the test of this box. She is small, compact and despite her two accuses she remains light. Its chipset is a treat to use because it is very responsive, customizable at will.
The small flat are:
The first battery that is difficult to put in place, and to remove
No degassing hole (heat / gas evacuation in case of overheating / battery runaway).
All the rest is just amazing, like my colleague who did the 1 review, I think I'll buy it soon. Compared to its price, its options, its quality of vape and all kinds of other things that I let you discover, I give him the Top Mod label.
Good vape, Fredo
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.