Commercial characteristics of the box
- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Phileas Cloud
- Price of the tested product: 139.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod Type: Electronic Botton Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.25 (VW) - 0,15 (TC)
- Content in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: bottom feeder (bottle 11ml)
For the atomist
- Atomizer type: BF dripper
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Resistor type: rebuildable
- Type of wicks supported: cotton, Fiber Freaks
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Lost Vape offers us an extremely complete set with a box Bottom feeder with its dripper and all the "accessory" necessary.
The box is equipped with a very reliable chipset since its module is a DNA75 which offers a continuous comfort of vape which is reliable. Allure and quality are out of the ordinary with marriages of materials that rub shoulders wisely between wood, leather, zinc alloy and stainless steel. It is a very elegant luxury product but it is still offered at a moderate price.
The template is compact enough for a box BF (Bottom Feeder) that can ship a battery 18650 and a bottle with a capacity of 11 ml
The power of this Therion goes from 1 to 75W, it also includes the TC mode whose unit of measure will be chosen by you for a temperature range between 100 and 300 ° C or 200 and 600 ° F. Resistances will be tolerated from 0.15Ω in TC mode and from 0.25Ω in power and mainly for kanthal and various alloys. The accepted resistives are obviously the kanthal, the nickel, the SS316, the titanium, the SS304 and the TCR which will have to include the coefficient of the resistive used.
At the reception your screen will display in large, only values in power out, in TC mode the temperature is registered as a small and personally I find it embarrassing. Nevertheless, these parameters can be modified by configuring the chipset to customize it with ESCRIBE (software downloadable from the Evolv website: https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna75).
The hood of the box has an opening on the lower part of the mod thus revealing the bottle intended to feed by pressure the dripper B, the Delirium, which is supplied. The hood of the box is available in several colors (black, brown, coffee, dark brown, elephant black, Ostrich, red).
The atomizer, Delirium, is a dripper with a diameter of 24mm, all stainless steel with a plate that allows for large assemblies. It offers a very airy vape with its double airflows and its tray is easy to use for the double coil, or more for cloud chasing.
A simple look that reminds me strangely of the Tsunami. This RDA is equipped with a pierced pine that adapts perfectly with this box Therion BF.
Physical characteristics and felt quality of the box
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 54 x 25 (27 with bevels on top cap) and connecting plate with diameter 22mm
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90,5
- Product weight in grams: 248 and 193 without batteries
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel frame, zinc alloy, wood, leather
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
From the atomizer
• Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 24
• Length or Height of the product in mm as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 27
• Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 54
• Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Delrin
• Type of Form Factor: Igo L / W
• Number of component parts without screws and washers: 3
• Number of threads: 2
• Quality of the threads: Good
• Number of O-rings, Drip-Tip excluded: 5
• Quality of O-rings present: Good
• O-ring positions: Other
• Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 1ml
• Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product considering its price? Yes
• Type of attachment of the drip-tip: Owner but passage to the 510 through an adapter not provided
• Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
• Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
• Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
For the felt characteristics of the box, this product is admirable, it is not only visual by marriages of material perfectly coordinated and assembled, but it is also by a quality in the choice of materials and embedded technology, the DNA 75 is not the least.
The frame is made of stainless steel with a smooth light gray color, which contrasts with the visible parts in zinc alloy for the hood and on the sides, a darker gray. The granular aspect gives relief to the box.
The hood is covered with a layer of leather, the adhesion between the two elements has been neat and no bubble comes spoil this assembly, even if some coulure tainted the leather during a filling, the drying nothing appears anymore . A wide opening makes it possible to make the bottle visible, in order to exert a pressure so that the liquid goes up to the dripper.
On each side of the box has been encrusted a dark wooden piece that beautifully finishes this beautiful object. Everything is well assembled, nothing exceeds and nothing moves.
Although this Therion seems refined and distinguished, its line is however not the simplest with edges, chamfers, inlays and many nets that embroider the whole.
On the top, the 510 connection is accompanied by a platinum 22mm diameter to avoid (or limit) the scratches caused by screwing and unscrewing atomizers. There are also two pretty laser engravings that represent the Therion logo and its name, followed by BF.
The battery and battery slots are accessible by pulling on the hood that is only locked by a magnet on the top, 4 lugs that snap into the chassis and a button that fits inside the hood for act like a spring to ensure stability and support.
It will be necessary to remove the bottle to remove the cover that allows access to the housing of the battery insertion is a little difficult because of the contact spring, which over time, will relax a little. This is one of the only minor disadvantages on this box.
The dimensions of the template are 54 x 27 x 90.5mm because the cap is provided with a rim but the body of the box does not exceed the 25mm in hand.
The screen is a good size and offers good readability with a display of power in very large and clear information. The buttons, three in number are square with broken angles to give an octagonal style, the swicth and a little larger than the buttons their setting, position is standard.
The pin is on spring which will give flush mounting with all the atomizers. The micro USB port is at the bottom, on the front of the features.
This dripper is all stainless steel, simple and harmonious Delirium is pleasant to watch.
With a diameter of 24mm, it goes very well with the Therion.
Its plateau is of the Velocity type, with a wide gap between the pads which themselves each have two air-wires wide enough, it is obvious that the appropriate mounting on this dripper will preferably with a clapton-type wire. Also the openings for air-flow are also consistent since there are two cyclops holes on the base and five small openings on each side of the cap can be adjusted by rotating the top.
In the center of the plate, an adjustable screw allows the contact with the box, it is pierced in its center and goes up on 3mm to ensure the arrival of the liquid in the dripper tank whose capacity is almost 1ml.
On the base one has 3 seals that offer good support and excellent sealing and on top-cap 2 seals are equally effective.
The drip-tips are in black Delrin very simple, straight and medium size, the first has an 510 connection that fits into a proprietary adapter, which is then screwed on the top-cap. The second drip- tip is identical to the first, but does not need an adapter since its base is screwed directly onto the top-cap.
Simple effective these two drip-tips of equal appearance are part of a basic and standardized standard.
Functional features of the box
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the power of the vape course, Fixed protection against overheating resistance of the atomizer, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the personalization of its external software behavior, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
From the atomizer
• Connection type: 510
• Adjustable positive pad? Yes, through a thread adjustment, the assembly will flush in all cases
• Presence of a regulation of the air flow? Yes, and variable
• Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
• Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 1
• Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
• Spray chamber type: bell type
• Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Overall, the Therion's features are standard with a variable power mode from 1 to 75W and a temperature control mode from 100 to 300 ° C. Threshold resistors are 0.15Ω for 0.25Ω TC for power (beware the followers of the extreme sub-ohm!).
It is imperative to use this box with batteries of at least 25A of CDM (Maximum Discharge Capacity) continuously.
The chipset has overheat protection, which is set to 450 ° F by default but this limit can be set with the software "Escribe", a software that will allow you to customize the Therion, globally by setting the 8 possible profiles and adjusting many preferences.
The Therion also detects atomizer change but that's not all ...
The display shows the power (or temperature depending on the mode chosen), the battery charge, the resistive value, the voltage and the current (or resistive material).
You can lock the box, leave it in stealth mode by blocking the knobs, stabilize the resistance value by locking it and set the temperature from the maximum value.
It has an economizer function that cuts the display after 10 seconds of inactivity and can be reloaded via the micro USB port or update the module.
The other possibilities of the Therion:
- It detects the absence of resistance
- It protects against short circuits
- It signals when the battery is low
- It protects against deep discharges
- It cuts itself in case of excessive heating of the chipset
- It warns if the resistance is too high or too low
- It cuts itself in case of resistance temperature too high
Another function and not least, it is the BF (Botton feeder). The Therion BF carries with it a bottle with a capacity of 11ml.
A flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tube fitted under the 510 connection, pierced to let the liquid pass, fits into a flexible bottle, this set, placed in the bowels of the box is based on a pumping system that traces the juice from the bottom of the bottle until the pine mod to arrive on the tray of the atomizer, which also has a pin pierced in the center.
The functions of the atomizer are also very simple since it is a velocity type dripper whose center of the plate is crossed by a pierced screw. By placing the atomizer on the box the conduction link is via the atomizer pin and box (classic what!).
The arrangements are very simple to do on this Delirium, however, this atomizer is intended for large montages and its airflows offer a vape very aerial.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is superb. Nice, solid, complete with a lot of little stuff and more. It opens like a jewel box. Lost vape has been powerful!
In a large rigid cardboard box, well set, we find the box on one side and a box well stocked with the other. Under the box a manual of use in English.
The box would be almost too small for its content but all ended up going in, inside there is:
- A charging cable and micro USB connection
- An additional soft bottle
- A hose in addition
- A BF atomizer, the Delirium
- A proprietary drip-tip
- Seals and replacement screws
- A versatile "T" screwdriver
Although the manual is not in French, it is well provided with pictorial explanations. This conditioning is really very beautiful and complete.
Appreciations in use for the box
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
For the atomizer
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Filling facilities: Easy, even standing in the street
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several E-Juice vials? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occur:
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use the box works perfectly well, reactive, it provides the requested power without any worries. Its use is simple and the buttons are easy to handle.
This Therion has eight profiles customizable by Escribe. Upon its ignition (5 clicks on the Switch), you are necessarily on one of them.
Each profile is intended for a different resistive: kanthal, nickel200, SS316, Titanium, SS304, SS316L, SS304 and No Preheat (to choose not to boost the power during the first 2 seconds of vape), The preheat is set on Escribe, it is a useful option that cancels the latency period at the moment of pulse on "heavy" assemblies (clapton and other multi-strands) before the response of the coils. The screen is as follows:
- Battery charge
- Value of resistance
- Temperature limit
- Name of the resistive used
- And power to which you are vaping, displayed at wholesale
Whatever your profile is the display you have.
Easy to use, to turn off the box just press 5 once on the switch very quickly, the same operation is necessary to turn it on.
You can lock the setting buttons (lock settings) and continue to vape by simultaneously pressing [+] and [-].
To change the profile, it is necessary to first block the setting buttons, then press twice on the [+], finally, just scroll through the profiles and validate your choice by switching.
Finally, in TC mode, you can change the temperature limit. You must first turn off the box, press simultaneously the [+] and the [-] during 2 seconds and the box will proceed to the adjustment.
It is also possible to change the display of your screen to graphically display the work of your box, customize the settings and much more, but for this it is necessary to download Escribe via UBS micro cable.
Select the DNA75 chipset and download.
After downloading you will need to install it.
Once the installation is complete, you can plug in your box (on) and start the program. Thus, you have the possibility to modify at your convenience the Therion or to update your chipset by selecting "tools" then update the firmware.
Unfortunately, in use, this box Therion BF unlike his big sister Therion, has only one battery and the Delirium although very pretty and satisfying in terms of taste, requires to be equipped with a sub-ohm with consequent resistives. All in all, even if the power is generous, the range is limited, so with a liquid capacity of 11ml, it will be emptied only after having changed or recharged your battery several times.
On a conventional box, not requiring tools to open the hood, the replacement of a battery is not a problem, out, on the Therion BF is a concern because access to the battery requires several manipulations like pushing the bottle by pulling on the tube, to put it back then. Otherwise it will want you to wait for the box to recharge for a while, via the micro USB cable, to finish your liquid.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? supplied in the pack: the Delirium
- Description of the test configuration used: The one that is in the conditioning with a double Clapton coil from 0,67Ω to 55W
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the Therion with a BF dripper that allows less colossal mounting.
For the atomizer
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics in BF
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? A fairly powerful electro box
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: Double Clapton coil
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A BF box delivering more than 50 W power
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Therion BF is a great box that allows you to have a really complete set-up. The Delirium associates well thanks to a diameter of 24mm for a top-cap well adapted, nevertheless, the autonomy of the battery remains a little weak on assemblies of resistive value too low or double coil.
The ideal would be to be able to associate with this box a simple assembly on a dripper BF less greedy, in order to preserve an identical autonomy in liquid and in energy. It would be nice to use the Delirium occasionally to have fun, because in more than 55W double clapton, I only had about four hours before having to recharge.
In practice, the use of BF is magic, the bottle is very flexible and the rise of the liquid is almost instantaneous, I must admit that there is something to be done not to be surprised by the dry-hit because vaper with the Therion is so comfortable that you forget that you have to refill the Delirium.
Lost Vape offers us a complete set of quality and aesthetics out of the ordinary with flawless operation, both in terms of the associated chipset, as well as a well adapted waterproofing dripper and assembly. All in an admirable packaging that I salute.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.