- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Titanide
- Price of the tested product: 229 Euros (Themis 18 Gold)
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Titanide is above all a singularity in the little world of the vape. The French brand intends to honor the ancestor of the model as it appeared the day after the vogue of the Cigalike, at the time when the vapers amateurs and enthusiasts had set out to evolve a brand new product for stop smoking, adapting it to their new passion.
The atomizer was already beginning to augur what it has become today, a boiler concentrate with or without a tank, ventilated and reconstructible according to the findings in relation to the materials of the resistive and the evolution of the capillaries. Drippers and other genesis began to supplant the disabled cartomizer by its non-evolutive and disposable characters that have finished discrediting it, among lovers of objects more effective, versatile, and durable.
The mod of the time was the meca, in which one could insert the famous battery 18650 which until today, ensures the energy supply of the greatest number of boxes or mods electros or mecas. The tube 22mm is therefore naturally adopted in the 2011 / 2012 years by aficionados of any country.
Despite a meteoric and technological evolution (we would say nowadays), allowing many settings, settings, memorizations to our mods or our boxes, to vary and control our style of vape by adapting it, safely, to our different atomizers, it is a simple vape without a net that is practiced only in meca and that claims to remain as such with some good reasons, that make sense and which only mecas are depositories, we will return.
With a Titanide you steam in Rolls, you steam beautiful, you steam serene. The manufacturing is simply perfect, the materials chosen are simply ideal, the design and design are simply successful and fully functional at all levels. The mod meca is simple, practical, reliable, the Titanides mors are of course so, and they are guaranteed for life.
You can also customize them to your artistic creativity or let you guided by the options offered by the brand, unique person, unique tool. Here we observe the Thémis concept which combines the main attractions of the mod Meca, in addition to a waving, ergonomic and pleasing to the eye, an optimum conductivity, no worry of oxidation of the constituent elements, an ultra simple adjustment to adapt your batteries and your atos to the length of the mod, a seamless lock and finally a minimum maintenance for permanent and unalterable performance, the visit begins.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 22 (Themis 18)
- Length or height of the product in mms: 116 Themis 18 off switch)
- Product weight in grams: 150 (Themis 18 equipped with 18650)
- Materials composing the product: Titanium, Brass, Gold
- Form Factor Type: Tube (Curved)
- Decoration Style: Customizable
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom-cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 7
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
A Themis is composed of 3 main parts of which one is broken down into elements that we will have the opportunity to detail below.
The barrel first, it is made of titanium, and machined in the mass. It receives the battery of 3,7V according to its diameter, 18650, 14500 or 10440, the 3 formats available at the moment.
Laser engraved, a T-shaped degassing vent, is present in the middle, at the finest part of the body of the mod, a signature coupled with an essential utility, the pleasant and indispensable are inseparable in the spirit of the creators.
Of wavy design, concave in the middle, it allows an assured grip, combined with a morphological originality inspired by feminine curves, again, Titanide joins the useful to the pleasant.
This central piece has two threads at its ends, for the top-cap and for the lockable firing system.
The top-cap is also made of titanium (gold-plated for the Gold version), cut in the mass, its base is notched with air vents for the few atomizers that require it. In the center of the 510 connection, a positive pin, inserted in force in an insulator resistant to high thermal amplitudes, ensures the optimal conductivity of the battery to the atomizer, it is made of brass.
The top-cap although composed of three parts is not disassembled, the positive pad is inserted into force through an insulator, itself fitted in the center of the metal part.
Each Themis is declined Gold or Titanium, the top-cap will be gold plated (as the ferrule and the contact pad of the bottom-cap part (switch), or titanium, treated as the body and the shell.
The bottom-cap is equipped with the switch system, a locking ferrule, and a pusher with an abalone inlay, which makes each mod unique.
Here are the main features of the Thémis series:
Themis 18 Titanium: Diameter: 20mm at the finest, 23mm at the thickest
Length off switch: 116mm
Empty weight: 100g
Themis 18 Gold: Diameter: 20mm at the finest, 23mm at the thickest
Length off switch: 116mm
Empty weight: 130g
Type of battery 18650 IMR or Li-Ion
Themis 14 Titanium: Diameter: 16mm at the finest, 18,5mm at the thickest
Length off switch: 96,5mm
Empty weight: 60g
Themis 14 Gold: Diameter: 16mm at the finest, 18,5mm at the thickest
Length off switch: 96,5mm
Empty weight: 76g
Type of battery 14500 IMR or Li-Ion
Themis 10 Titanium: Diameter: 12mm at the finest, 14mm at the thickest
Length off switch: 82,5mm
Empty weight: 29g
Themis 10 Gold: Diameter: 12mm at the finest, 14mm at the thickest
Length off switch: 82,5mm
Empty weight: 34g
Battery type: 10440 IMR or Li-Ion
The details of the operation of the firing system will be discussed later, illustrated with a photo of the various parts that compose it. The stroke of the pusher is soft, it returns to its original position smoothly, no play for moving elements, always this concern for efficiency, ease without forgetting of course, the aesthetic touch that makes the l so special object.
The assemblies are secured thanks to a perfect machining of threads, once constituted of its 3 parts, the mod does not present any unsightly roughness or disfigurement between the elements, of the precise and neat work with micro-hair.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes technically it is able, but it is not recommended by the manufacturer
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functions of the Themis are simple, setting the maintenance of the battery once the ato mounted if necessary, you equip and vapor, point. You will only have to adjust the length between the contacts (by removing a ring from the positive connector of the switch) if you choose a battery button top, with a positive pole protruding. The flat top will immediately be adaptable.
It is possible that an atomizer with the connection 510 a little short is not in contact with the positive pin of the top-cap, you can move it towards the ato, it is simply nested in force in the insulator. The Themis has excellent conductivity barely 4 thousandth of volt loss observed at the top-cap between the two elements in contact (no screw 510 / pin positive) via the Metix (0,0041V).
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The package consists of a rigid box of elongated shape and oval section. The two parts that compose it are magnetized to each other and are solidary as well the box closed that opened. Inside a housing covered with velvet decorated with a elastic holding cord, allows the protection of the mod. A user and maintenance manual is in French.
The packaging is the image of the sign, useful, original and adapted to its original purpose: to welcome and protect a Themis, so we will say that it is suitable for its function without omitting the aesthetic and practical aspects.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use the Themis is the simplest tool that is, you equip it with a battery corresponding to its size, an ato ready to go and you switch.
So let's talk about what will condition the quality and safety of your vape in meca: the battery. Little choice for the 14 and 10mm versions of diameter (650 and 350 mAh), you will opt for a rather tight ato whose resistance value will not exceed 0,8ohm to zero. Indeed the performance of these batteries do not allow to vaper below 0,8ohm and 1,2 values to 2ohms will be even better tolerated, both in discharge capacity and autonomy.
The 18650 is the most frequently used, although it is of size sometimes imposing for the ladies. It is nevertheless the battery best adapted to the vape in Meca, for the Themis series in 22mm of diameter of top-cap. However, be sure to choose a battery with high discharge capacity peak and continuous, it is expressed in amperes (A) and usually inscribed on the plasticized insulation. 25A are generally suitable if you do not intend to vaper unless 0,2 ohm, 35 A are recommended for security reasons.
You alone manage the remaining charge of your battery, it is an obligation in Meca, to which one bends very quickly. When dealing with a CDN 18650A high-drain IMR 35 battery, the indicated autonomy in mAh must not exceed 2600, otherwise it is either an overvaluation of CDM or an overvaluation of autonomy that is mentioned, Distributors tend to embellish performance "on paper".
To know the true values of CDM and mAh, of your recent battery, you can (must) consult this site which lists them almost all: Dampfakkus.
In the long run, by charging / discharging cycles, your battery will flatten, its internal resistance will increase, the induced effective load will drop (from 4,2V it will gradually go down to 4,17, 4,15 ... so on) and at the end of ± 250 cycles, your battery will charge and discharge very quickly, sign that it is time to send it to recycling and buy a new one. you are also strongly advised to recharge with a dedicated charger of good quality, we find around 45 € with 4 cradles and very useful features like those of the Opus BT-C3100 V2.2, a pearl of the kind that you will find here for example: https://eu.nkon.nl/opus-bt-c3100-v2-2-intelligent-battery-charger-analyzer.html
The internal chemistry of batteries is more or less stable, IMR are among the most reliable at this level, Li Ion are also widely used, but hate deep discharges, prefer to guide your choice with the advice of a competent trader, ( whoever sold you your Themis will surely be).
Depending on the model, you can end up with a button top battery, it becomes rare but there are some. It will probably be necessary to make an adjustment in order to insert it and correctly replace the components of the mod. To do this, insert into your tube through the opening of the top-cap, a flat screwdriver to the switch screw, you remove by holding the bottom-cap firmly from the outside. You will notice the presence of washers around the pitch of this screw, remove one to compensate for the button cap of the battery.
If you are using a RMA Magma (ato Paradigm) with a very long 510 connection, you will also need to remove a ring and force the screw on top-cap to ensure a flush mount.
The ferrule is screwed and unscrewed according to your desire to lock or not the switch mechanism, a foolproof system.
The maintenance of your Themis is easier, as none of its components is oxidized, you just keep clean the different threads that allow assemblies / assemblies. The switch mechanism is normally already greased, avoid touching or removing grease during your interviews, it ensures the smooth running and its mobility.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all ato in 22mm, resistances up to 1,5 ohm according to the model used.
- Description of the test configuration used: A Themis 18 with the RDA Maze and a Goblin mini at 0,6 and 0,3 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Depending on the battery used you will adapt the ato of your choice
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Reasons to choose a mechanic are not missing. First, there is no risk of failure, so you can count on him on any occasion. It is not afraid of humid or stormy atmospheric conditions, falls or polarity reversal to the installation of the battery. It always delivers the same smooth quality of vape because it is the proper of its battery, from which the only signal arrives to the atomizer. Its simplicity of use and maintenance are suitable for all.
Choosing a Themis is even more advantageous because all the attributes mentioned above are appropriate for it, but it also benefits from excellent conductivity and is guaranteed for life. The series offered here contains 2 small pieces that will prove perfect for discretion and refined for selected moments in female hands.
You will also adapt Titanide drip-tip (titanium or gold plated) to your current atomizer. It is a jewel in the strict sense of the term, it is well worth its price and just as much as its Top Mods.
Good and genuine vape to you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.