- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyFree-Cig
- Price of the tested product: 189.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Between the checkered flag of car races, the two longitudinal lines, the shape of the badge of Ferrari with the logo of Vicious Ant and all on a black background, this Duke announces the color. You have in your hands a competition box! A sober and sporty look, that's all the art of the well-known Filipino moderator. Obviously, it is an artisanal work that is expensive for a product particularly well cared for.
The Duke is a mechanical box that naturally gives off an incomparable nobility, however it is not a full mechanic because it is protected against assemblies of resistances too low. It still allows to have a consistent autonomy with its two accumulators mounted in parallel and it is neither larger nor heavier than a box.
A little gem to keep in a collection.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 44 x 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 93
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Sports luxury car reference
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Duke has an aluminum body coated with a slightly rough matte black paint that does not mark fingerprints and is not scratch-sensitive unless it's done on purpose. The assembly is perfect and nothing goes beyond the blocking block of the switch, but it's normal.
The switch responds perfectly to the demands and remains elegant in its pageantry of aluminum.
The 510 connection is made of stainless steel to avoid deformations when screwing and unscrewing the atomizer, the pin is spring-mounted thus allowing flush mounting with the atomizer. The contacts, meanwhile, are made of copper for good conductivity.
The graphics on this box is majestic with on the bottom of the box a reported badge adorned with the logo of Vicious Ant. It is in relief and the same material as the switch, placed on two vertical silver bands that end with a checkerboard similar to a flag. On the other side and on the bottom of the box, we have the name: "Duke" with the serial number, silver color. We are in a look reminiscent of 60 sports cars, luxurious and powerful, a noble look, a champion!
All the assembly is perfect.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
It is a mechanical box of great autonomy thanks to its two accumulators in parallel which is used as a mechanical mod so inevitably the features are restricted. No electronics on the Duke, so you will manage your entire use that will depend only on the assembly made on the atomizer and the capacity of the batteries.
You will still have a spring-loaded pin and the ability to block the switch, by a mechanical cleat movable.
The insertion of the accumulators is very simple because each cache is provided with notches and a copper pin on spring. So to close, just push and turn to block. Between the two caps, you have two holes of 5mm in diameter, which are made to evacuate the heat from the accumulators.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
In the packaging, I appreciated the box in which the Duke is presented. Made of very strong thick cardboard which closes by magnetization, entirely black with on the top, the imprint of half of the logo of Vicious Ant, all on a fine aspect of snakeskin.
The interior is lined with a black cloth fabric and in addition to the box, there is a warning for the insertion of accumulators to be used in parallel and not in series.
However, I just regret not having more information when you buy a product of this type and range. Admittedly, the use is quite simple and is generally aimed at confirmed vapers who know the strings. But any type of information is useful and welcome in all cases.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
I tested this box with the Haze Tank atomizer on which I mounted a resistance of 0.6Ω. At the level of the connection of the atomizer, it falls perfectly well thanks to the floating pin. The contacts are impeccable and the switch well adapted. The handling is intuitive because we have a product template rather average and not very heavy.
Right hand, left hand, there is no difference, the switch is on the top-cap and its square shape takes the full width. The batteries are easy to replace, no need for tools for this. But the most impressive is the autonomy because I was able to vape for two days without difficulty.
The power will obviously depend on your editing. When blocking the switch, it is simply mechanical by sliding the bar located at the edge of the top-cap. It's efficient, simple and safe.
Regarding the use, be careful not to lower the value of your resistance under 0.2Ω, because a fuse wire is soldered between the pin and the switch to ensure safety (it serves as a fuse grosso-modo).
A pretty mechanical box allowing a beautiful autonomy in a style absolutely sublime and racy.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? anyone with a diameter of 22mm
- Description of the test configuration used: Haze tank with a single coil of 0.6Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is none
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Duke is a mechanical box with double accumulator in parallel of irreproachable quality.
With a great autonomy, she lets you manage your montages alone so it is essential to have a good knowledge of the vape. Although it is possible to adapt any atomizer, singly, double coil or even with genesis mounts, be careful not to resist under the 0.1Ω, recommended by Vicious Ant but I would tend to be a little more cautious and put that low bar to 0.2Ω.
It is an expensive object but it is also a unique object by its serial number, its noble and elegant appearance. In short, The class!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.