- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 42.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 36 to 70 euros)
- Atomizer type: Rebuildable compression
- Number of resistances allowed: 4
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil, Rebuildable Micro Coil to Temperature Control
- Supported Bit Type: Cotton, Fiber Freaks Density 1, Fiber Freaks Density 2, Fiber Freaks Yarn 2 mms, Fiber Freaks Cotton Blend
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 4.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The TF-RTA is a rebuildable atomizer with an interchangeable mounting plate in G2 or G4 version.
With the purchase, the two possibilities are offered to you, the G2 is a plateau in double coil while the G4 is a quadricoil like the model of my test, however I bought the G2 for comparison.
Very similar to its little brother, the TF4 mini, this one with the same structure, except that with a diameter of 24,5mm instead of 22mm, we gain 1ml more, it is also slightly shorter, which allows to have a tank barely less exposed.
The TF4 mini was a clearomizer with proprietary resistors but also had a similarly interchangeable tray with several different versions. Only the positive and negative pads looked more like Kayfun style. With the TF-RTA, the G2 version is of the Velocity type while the G4 board is a rather special quadricoil. Not saying that the idea is necessarily better but we will see what it gives.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 24.5
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 48
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 72
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kayfun / Russian
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 4
- Number of threads: 11
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 3
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 4.5
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Composed of five parts including the drip-tip and the plate, this TF-RTA is of good constitution with a consequent thickness of material. Its pace is massive but its weight remains correct for its size.
The pyrex tank, a bit thin for my taste, has a length of 24mm. But it is not more than other products in this category. Nevertheless, we are supplied with this atomizer two silicone rings (one black and one white) which protect it well.
The threads are excellent and the joints are perfectly sealed. On the other hand, the adjustment of the flow of the liquid and the adjustment of the airflow are a little loose and move very easily.
The engravings are perfectly visible and well executed, with the name of the manufacturer on the top-cap. Two other engravings take place on either side of the bell and, under the base, sits the serial number.
The pine is classic and not adjustable, while the G2 and G4 trays, quite different, are well made with eight Phillips screws for the G4 and 4 BTR screws for the G2. Both are no problem with hardware.
A mid-range product that I salute the overall quality.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 8
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Equipped with its G4 board, the TF-RTA is made to vape in high power and restore beautiful flavors but it is at the level of the hit that it is impressive, although with a quadricoil, it was to be expected. So, in my opinion, its main feature is vape.
For the functional aspect, the RT-RTA has a top fill which is extremely practical. However, you will need to close the flow of the liquid before performing this operation. Its reservoir is 4,5ml (measured in the hair) and do not expect to put more. Of course, with great powers, this reserve is hardly enough.
The flow of liquid is very easy to adjust by holding the base and rotating the upper part of the atomizer to the left or to the right, depending on whether you want to open or close. Four openings allow the liquid to feed the assembly and it is not too much if the viscosity of the liquid is pronounced.
Regarding the airflow, the adjustment is done by turning the ring located on the base of the atomizer, 4 airholes can give a vape more airy or tighter, according to your expectations.
For a set-up flush, it will only count on your mod, because the pin is fixed and therefore not adjustable.
Regarding the G4 tray, it is designed for mounting with four resistors positioned only in one way and with a resistive wire with a fairly precise diameter (0.3 or 0.4mm).
With the G2 board, it's a common setup that can be done in double-coil thanks to the Velocity style board.
The top-cap is removable for filling. Without thread, it remains very effective.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Short
- Quality of the drip-tip present: Very good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
The drip-tip is made of stainless steel for the outside part, since it is lined by a pyrex part on the inside in extension of the chimney, which considerably reduces the diameter and consequently the production of steam.
However, the design of this drip-tip is such that between the pyrex and steel, an empty space can isolate the heat produced. So you can turn up the power as you please, you will not feel the heat of the coil on your lips.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is superb, but we expected no less Smok excels in the art of packaging for its products.
The TF-RTA is housed in a rigid black cardboard box, well wedged in its foam, with an additional tank. The atomizer is already mounted with its G4 board and coils made in Clapton nichrome, I think you, have a total resistive value of 0.2Ω.
Under the foam a second floor we provided:
- Two silicone protective rings for the tank (one black and one white)
- A Phillips screwdriver
- A spare-part bag containing spare seals, 4 replacement screws for tightening the posts and an additional soft delrin ring for the top-cap filling part.
- A card for the guarantee with a QR code
- And a user's manual, in English only, but largely filled with photos for a good understanding in all languages.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the mod of the test configuration: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistances: Difficult, requires various manipulations
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 3.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In itself, the product is very easy to use, offering a well accessible filling, convenient and adapted settings with an assembly between the parts completely playful and simple.
The complexity of this TF-RTA is mainly on the execution of mounting the G4 board, although it is already pre-mounted, it will take a while to change all that.
The G4 board has a relatively small work place. In addition, the resistive retaining screws are very small and the ring that holds the capillary turns awkward and can not withdraw. With that, we will have to arm ourselves with patience and use the good resistive. For mounting, no choice, there is only one way to place these resistors: horizontally.
The resistive that suits this tray, ideally it is a wire diameter 0.4mm. In 0.3mm, this one will be difficult to stall on the screw which is in the diving hole, because the tab of the resistance must be cut before being positioned. Thus, the maintenance of the wire, the resistance and at the same time the tightening of the screw are complicated with the ring in the middle, but not impossible.
With a thread of 0.5mm, it is the screw of the top which is problematic because the heads are so small that the thread ends up sliding to the tightening, but here too, nothing is impossible. With a diameter of 0.4mm, the maneuver is simpler and the tray is adapted but to make it even easier, the Clapton diameter 0.4mm is really the most accurate resistive because tightening screws, it hangs very well and does not move any more .
For cotton, the easiest way is to use a small screwdriver to insert the bits in the channels behind the ring and adjust to the chisel after insertion.
The G2 board is Velocity type. Provided for the double-coil, it is much easier to mount than the G4 and offers the possibility of many eccentricities. Very wide, it allows to use any resistive wire thanks to a large space between the pads and wireholes (fixing holes of the legs NDLR) accepting a beautiful thickness of wire. In short, a more interesting tray that I advise you to buy separately if you have the G4.
At the level of flavors, we are on an atomizer that returns very properly the taste of your liquids but, at the same time, the steam is not so huge that the one I expected in 0.2Ω for 55W quadricoil. Admittedly, it remains substantial but not so bulky as expected. On the other hand, the consumption of liquid is immense and the reservoir of 4ml is a little fair. You will console yourself with a hit that is part of the party.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronic
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? a power mod greater than 50W
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: electro box to 55W and advantage
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: with a box having a heading of at least 25mm width
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Smok's TF-RTA is interesting in that the board is interchangeable, with a strongly accented hit.
The G4 allows access to the quadricoil but limits the mounting to resistive wire of 0.4mm with a difficult construction. But the result is promising, since the flavors are pretty and the steam is very correct. However, the liquid consumption is important, which remains normal at a power of 60W, so it will provide many fills.
The G2 is a Velocity style tray, much more practical, the double coil is facilitated by the work place offered and the wireholes are wide enough for any type of resistive. Flavor and steam are also at the rendezvous.
This atomizer is overall very simple to use, once mounted, with a practical filling. Quality is at the rendezvous with a very complete packaging in addition. As for the drip-tip, it is considerably effective to offer a barely warm steam without ever burning lips regardless of the high power applied, to the detriment probably of a release of decreased steam.
A good product, even if its pace is massive.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.