- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Vap experience
- Price of the tested product: 102.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 150 watts
- Maximum voltage: 14
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
After the commercial success of the mini Cloupor, every box that comes out at the manufacturer is scrutinized. So here we have an aluminum box that can accept two 18650 batteries, good size but no exaggeration, a magnetic back cover and available power 150W. All for a price of about 100 €. The high price in absolute terms is however in the average market prices for this category of box. It is therefore the direct competitor of IP V3 for a price roughly equivalent.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 25
- Product Length or Height in mms: 102
- Product weight in grams: 242.5
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
In terms of quality, it is the hot and cold that blow on the T8 simultaneously.
In the positive points, we can note: the good behavior of the hood magnets, the quality of springs and contactors at the battery cradle and the feeling of the buttons, including switch, which are flexible, quiet and effective. Similarly, the mod is built in an aluminum alloy 6061, used among other things in aeronautics.
In the negative, we regret anodizing the too fragile aluminum that marks and scratches the first pose of an atomizer and which augurs a poor reliability of the coating over time. The finish remains correct but average, no more. Gaps are visible in the center of the hood, it is maintained only by two magnets placed in the width and being very thin, it is clear that the adjustment is not perfect at the center of the flanks of the box . Even if it is not rhédibitoire, I admit it absolutely.
It may also be regrettable, even if it is enough to get used to it, that the hood firmly held by the magnets could not benefit from a guide that would prevent it from moving when the mod is held in the hand. Of course, these are only slips but the problem could be solved without difficulty.
The grip is not unpleasant, quite the contrary. The edges have been chamfered and are therefore both visually and visually appealing.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of current vape voltage, Display of the power of the current vape, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
As a whole, the T8 offers us a very good functional quality. In addition to the protections listed above, it is appreciated the setting stand-bu automatic in case the CPU reaches the temperature of 54 ° C and a permanent display of said temperature on the OLED screen.
Measured, the requested voltage is 4.5V for 4.7V displayed at a resistance of 1.4Ω. Nothing serious, it does not affect the rendering is rather brutal and "dry". If you are a fan of DNA, this box will disturb you because its taste (all the ways to smooth the signal is not identical ...) is different. probably a little less accurate than the best chipsets but also more direct and powerful. And that falls pretty well since the power, he has to resell.
In the series of: "thin, how could they miss this?", Note the lack of recharge by micro-USB, the plug on the mod is only used to flash the firmware in case , one day, the manufacturer would give us an update, those who have owned the T5 will know what I want to express ... ;-)
The display contains all the required information: resistance, real-time voltage, selected power, CPU temperature, puff counts and battery gauge. In addition, it is particularly responsive and readable and displays, when switching on the mod, a "Matrix" effect of great beauty ...
To turn the mod on and off, simply click the switch five times. Known, practical and effective. Note also the ability to disable the screen and block the power chosen by simple key combinations.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The conditioning is classic but has the merit of being well thought out. There is a jumble on the mod, a retractable USB cord (which will probably not be used often ...), a VIP card including the serial number, a cardboard indicating that the best scale of resistance for the use of the mod. is between 0.5 and 0.8Ω, the English manual but well made and clear including a warning not to use the high power mod continuously and a small plastic box containing spare screws for the 510 connection and magnets spare. Not to mention a Philips screwdriver black pretty nice.
The cardboard packaging is solid and contains a very dense foam for the protection of the material during the postal migrations.
A complete package so that does not work against the tariff mod.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Equipped with such a power and such a range of resistance (0.15 / 4Ω), the mod is thus typically designed for sub-ohming or to be your partner of play during long escapades. A moderate power (less than 20W), it has a nice autonomy that will exceed a day of intensive vape.
But it is high power and low resistance, typically in the configuration recommended by the manufacturer, we can lead the mod in these limits and enjoy the reactivity of the chipset with a good dripper well ventilated. On a 0.5Ω resistance, it's a real pleasure to think of yourself as a cloud hunter when you climb the towers. For this purpose, do not forget to promote batteries that can send 20A continuously. The chipset itself is calibrated to this value in maxima.
At a resistance of 1.4Ω, we feel that the power is not exploited to perfection. The hardness of the rendering crushes the flavors a little. Tested on a Taifun GT to this resistance, the rendering of flavors remains below other chipsets more conducive to a better blooming taste.
At high resistance (2.2Ω), the latency is quite marked and the rendering is arbitrary. This fully corroborates the manufacturer's recommendations for the range of use and the perspective in which this mod has been optimized.
The handling is correct and not tiring, the mod is constant and the switch is a real pleasure. The T8 is easy and very user-friendly.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A dripper of competition!
- Description of the test configuration used: T8 + Mephisto, Taifun GT V1, Origen Gensis V2.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your favorite dripper!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I hesitated a long time before setting my final position on this mod.
It is sold to make the cloud and be powerful at low resistance and I must note that, if that's what you're looking for, you will not be disappointed. It's a no-brainer and it works in this resistance range as well as its direct competitor.
He also shares with this competitor some similar defects: a correct but perfectible finish as well as a perfectible rendering with normal and high resistance.
It is besides this lack of versatility, coupled with a great fragility of the anodization (the manufacturer going to stipulate it in the instructions !!!) which weighs a bit its final note. If we stick to this why it is manufactured, we can only find advantages but to quietly vape on his favorite ato-tank, we will be well inspired to find a more tailored alternative for this.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.