- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Le Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 199 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Yihiecigar offers us a new version of the SX mini: the ML Class.
With its success with its first high-end box-office models, the best Chinese chipset manufacturer, Yihi, offers us an even sharper version of its SX mini. With the SX 350 J V2, the ML Class is one of the most promising boxs of the moment. With this box, Yihi does not engage in the race for 200 watts, it is the choice of a model of average power, compact size but whose vape is flexible at will. Offered at a price of 199 €, this Chinese mod plays it clearly High-End and finds its place alongside the big names of the vape of which it is an integral part.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 220
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
ML class, this name evokes a great German car brand. I do not know if it's voluntary, but in my opinion this box holds a part of the Germanic spirit of Mercedes Benz.
At first, we are seduced by the fluidity, sobriety and class lines of this box. The design changes little compared to the first SX mini M class.
A cutout in the body of the box suggests a beautiful engraving "SX MINI" on the steel tube hosting the battery and the body sees its drawing refined by a small bulge that follows the contour of the part that is in contact with the palm.
The metal fire button that follows the top rounding of the complete slice with overall aesthetic harmony.
The oled screen of good size teems with information and already gives us a taste of the perfection of the beautiful. All these elements evoke for me, perhaps wrongly, the German premium spirit.
Everything is perfectly assembled and the materials chosen are of good quality. The fire button is exemplary, the other two are a little small but respond perfectly.
The box wants to be compact, but its weight is a bit high, which is not surprising considering that we are on noble materials: steel and aluminum. No zamac or plastic, we leave it to the common boxs.
The 510 connection, with its spring pin, looks very good. The pine is certainly a little steep but all atos in 22 mm are perfectly flush.
In conclusion, as soon as you make contact, you know you have an exceptional mod in your hand. This Chinese production rivals without any complex with the best American and German productions on this sector of regulated electronic boxes.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, support for firmware update, support customization of its behavior by external software, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This box has everything a vapogeek is looking for. First of all, a choice of level of use: a "beginner" mode that only allows the adjustment of the power in watts and an "expert" mode (advanced) which opens the parameterization of all the components of your vape.
The SX mini offers a bypass mode supporting up to 85W power, a variable power mode and a temperature control mode supporting a large number of different alloys. Combined with these modes, you can also set the profile of your puff, "soft" to "powerfull +" and, with the SXi-q software, you can even create your own profile. In expert mode, you can create five different configurations, these configurations can also be created from the software.
The screen is very clear even if it displays a lot of information: the value of your resistance, the power in watts or joules according to the mode, the puff profile chosen, the output voltage, the charge of your battery , the temperature in TC mode.
The error messages are clear, no need to take out your lexicon. Security is of course at the top, this box is "hyper secure".
This machine is almost the ultimate weapon in terms of regulated electronic box, only the maximum power is a little behind the competitor EVOLV but for a single battery, 75W or 85, it's still excellent.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A sleek white box serves as a backdrop to this technological gem. SX mini is displayed as well as the name of the chipset and that's it. No frills, the most important is the product inside. Stuck in a cradle of foam, the box is delivered with its USB cable and a notice in English only. It's a bit minimalist and I find it totally abnormal not to have a manual in French. We are facing one of the most advanced products and frankly, we should have a real Bible to know all the subtleties and possibilities offered by this chipset!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This compact box will follow you easily everywhere if, of course, you want to confront this box of exception to the pangs of everyday life.
The choice of a threaded hatch for the battery may not be to everyone's taste but this solution is reliable and the constraint it brings does not seem insurmountable. The note is again maximum, but attention :
I find that the navigation and adjustment via the controls of the box are a little tedious especially without any understandable instructions. The software makes things a little easier, but box recognition by the computer can be complicated.
So yes, this box works incredibly well and offers a vape upscale and perfectly regulated. But, unless you use it in beginner mode, which for me is comparable to using a sports car type SLK AMG (to stay at Mercedes) on a path in the woods, it can be tedious to set.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all supplied in 22 mm for the aesthetic side
- Description of the test configuration used: Triton 2 coil in 0.5 clapton, dual coil 0.4 cirus, Taifun Gsl in TC
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: It's a matter of taste, for me the GSL in Tc
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
With the SX mini, you will enter the wonderful world of high-end vape. It's beautiful, well finished, perfected and secure. This machine is a pleasure, well almost.
I took "pretty good head" to understand the settings and all the possibilities offered by this machine. The first day besides, I used it in beginner mode. It's great to offer a race beast, but frankly a notice of some pages in English, it seems super light to master a product of the kind especially that menu navigation proves, as often, quite tedious.
There is the SXI-Q software but, again, it is in English and in addition the recognition of the box by a Windows PC is not obvious. On the other hand, the function which makes it possible to define the profile of your puff via a graph is very interesting and I am sure that the more geeks will find their happiness there.
This box is exceptional and its price of 199 € seems justified to me, with in addition a guarantee of 1 year, but if you are not an absolute fan of the vape, I think you will not draw all the quintessence .
Thanks to the Little Vapoteur
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.