- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 199 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Yihiecigar, the famous Chinese chipset builder, has been in the habit of releasing a new box with each new version of their high-end home chipset, leaving low and mid-range chipsets at their "sub-brand": P4Y
For the arrival of the Sx350 mini, the Class S was specially created. Then came the Class M for the Sx350 J version with few stylistic changes but today we will talk about the J2 that equips our Class ML.
We will find the same form factor, the curves in addition.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 220
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
As always with the class series, we hit the high-end and it feels right from the start.
The box is made of aluminum and a few touches of stainless steel, the manufacturer offers a finish with four pins, a perfect grip and a first-rate electronics.
Although the production is industrial, Yihiecigar makes the necessary for each box is perfect.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes
- Number of batteries supported: 1, 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
For the features, then there ... It's Byzantium !!
Functions in all directions, besides some of them will serve you in the worst case to ... nothing!
In addition to the basic and known features of previous versions, such as Power +, Powerfull, Standard, Soft and Eco modes, which will change the signal intensity to shoot on a fraction of a second. With the help of the SXI-Q Companion software, you can create five additional profiles to adapt the electrical signal to your vape.
It has a power of 75W which will be able to pass to 150W via the addition of an "extand" allowing to add, in series, a second 18650 battery.
You also find a Bypass mode that can send, depending on your mounting and the voltage of your battery, 85W.
It will shoot your atomizers from 0,15Ω in power mode and 0.05Ω in temperature control, for a maximum output of 9.5V to 40A.
Suffice to say that a good battery is more than recommended to exploit such an amp limit in quiet conditions.
For the control of temperature, your Sx will pass in Joules, nothing complicated in this denomination because 1J = 1W, a small superfluous complication which one would have spent well.
For basic compatible wires, the Sx will work with the Ni200, Ti and SS304 but has a manual TCR mode to make it compatible with other existing wires on the market.
But, as with Yihiecigar, we like simple things, the Sx has a simplified "Junior" mode or only the power will be adjustable, phew! It was getting complicated! Well it's not over, the mode "Senior" unlock all the features of the chipset, and there ... there's the menu!
To convince you, here is the complete menu table available on the manual available on the official website: Manuel
Nothing complicated what ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Simple but very classy packaging. A white box enclosing your SX in a foam bed.
Note that a USB cable, allowing the reloading and the upgrade of the box, is provided as well as a small white envelope containing a small manual illustrated in English and a guarantee card to the number of your SX.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Those with a box based on SX will not be too lost: 3 clicks to lock / unlock the box, 5 clicks to enter the menus and continuous click on the buttons [+] [-] to check the resistors, with in this menu, a new temperature compensation function adjustable from 0 to 50 ° in case of inconsistency of operation in temperature control mode.
If you stick to the Junior mode, the SX is easy to use, whether in variable power mode or temperature control, in Senior mode, all menus will be unlocked, allowing you to apply settings precise electrical and / or tearing hair.
You will also be able to create 5 different user profiles, useful in case of loan of your box to other vapers of your entourage.
The increase of the functions is accompanied by a complexity of the menus. There is something for everyone, useful or not.
The good point in all this jumble is that once your optimal settings are found, the box will keep them in memory, even the battery removed. Phew!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 4
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? no rules, mounted the atomizer you want, the box will do the rest
- Description of the test configuration used: Miscellaneous atomizer, from RTA to genesis
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: no rules, mount the atomizer you want, the box will do the rest
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, I'm not going to go four ways, the SX mini Class ML is a very beautiful box with accurate and efficient electronics but tainted with a menu too complex and very often useless functions, which ultimately complicate the l user experience.
So certainly, it is the technological showcase of the brand. Certainly, it must embark any functionality imagined by engineers wanting to show the boyfriends that they are the ones who have the biggest and still, I do not even talk about Companion software, the SXI-Q which wants to equivalent of Escribe for the firm Evolv, but that is just incomprehensible unless you have a Master of electronics in Mandarin.
To conclude, the Sx Mini is a very good box but the menu too complicated and often useless features, and yet, I love it!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.