- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Jwell
- Price of the tested product: 109 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 180 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
JWELL has chosen to design its products and have them made in China. The Supra 180 is, as its name suggests, a muscular box. JWELL cultivates a premium image and the price of this box exceeds 100 €, which places it in the high-end category.
If it displays on the paper characteristics equivalent to many products on the market, its price, it is above the references of the moment that are the Reuleaux and Cuboïd.
Therefore, the question is simple, is this box competitive with its competitors?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 57
- Product Length or Height in mms: 101
- Product weight in grams: 200
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It is clear that the design of the Supra is one of its strengths.
Indeed, the design is original, the upper part gives in the heat sink look, with its four deep grooves that stop to make room for the switch. Just above the latter, a wing reinforces the aggressive side of the Supra 180.
The body is rectangular in shape 101 mm high, 57 mm wide and 23 mm thick. One of the sides is rounded to fit comfortably in the palm of the hand. The rounding on the other side stops to accommodate the controls and the screen.
On one of the faces, an emblem. On the other, the hood, which tilts on an axis, gives access to the cradle accommodating the two 18650 batteries. The latter is kept closed by two powerful magnets and fits perfectly in place.
This hood is also decorated by an aluminum plate where the name of the box is engraved rather deeply in capitals.
The bottom-cap sees its edges beveled on a soft finish. It's nice but it causes a slight instability of the Supra when standing. The coating is of good quality but beware of scratches anyway.
The 510 pine is floating and the thread is of very satisfactory quality. The buttons are all metal and have no defects. They are adjusted to the hair, reagents and respond perfectly to the slightest request. The OLED screen is clear and has a mirror treatment.
A box well done, well designed with an original design, J WELL offers a product of good quality compatible in terms of quality with its pricing.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Supra offers most of the functions of the moment: Variable power (VW) which goes from 3 to 180 watts and TC (Temperature Control) on nickel, titanium and SS (stainless steel), allowing to vary the temperature of 100 to 315 ° C.
The protections are present, the box is safe. The vape is well regulated, nice, quite direct, no latency in the shoot. The floating pin guarantees the attitude flush with all the atos, the maximum diameter to avoid a gap is 23 mm.
Nothing is planned for the air-blowers by their connection. At the same time, these products are more rare and all the atomizers in vogue will not be bothered by this detail.
JWELL offers us a complete product, but that brings nothing more in terms of features than the references of the moment, we can even say that given the price we could have expected to find a TCR mode as on the Cuboid.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
JWELL places its products in the premium class and we can say that the presentation is worthy of the segment.
A beautiful black box, covered with fabric, which closes thanks to a magnet. It's classy and sober at the same time. A notice in French, a USB cable, the pack is complete. On this level, we can see all the marketing know-how of the brand.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the box is nice.
The shape is ergonomic and even if it is not more compact, I walk easily in the pocket of my coat. The commands are known, the manipulations are the same as most competing boxes. In addition, the manual explains perfectly all that. It can of course be recharged by the USB port, which in mobility situation is undeniably appreciable. The batteries come in easily and a ribbon is provided to facilitate the extraction.
The Supra is doing very well, no shadow on the board.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All provided they are in 23 mm max. for the aesthetic side
- Description of the test configuration used: Griffin, Altus, tfv4 In short, everything I had on hand
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I see it well married with the Crius, I find their fitting design.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This is the first product from J WELL coming to my house, so I was curious. For this first, it is the Supra 180 who is not the latest from Toyota, but the first box muscular range.
As you understand, I did not notice anything negative. An original design, a quality of manufacture and correct design and electronics that seems effective. Nothing very innovative but the absence of TCR may hurt the price, which is out of sync with the Chinese flagship market such as Cuboid or Reuleaux RX200, 25% less expensive.
Here, only the design and indisputable elegance of the product can convince. If you are sensitive (we can also take into account the large network of shops that will simplify the after-sales service in case of trouble), the Supra is a very good box that shines by its physical appearance and apparent seriousness, but that will probably not suffice not to pass a fixed price beyond the symbolic bar of 100 € and it's a shame.
No doubt the manufacturer, listening to his market, will reposition the tariff, to make it from then on, a product capable of turning many heads and dropping others!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.