- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 32.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kangertech arrives again with a perfect kit. Perfect, why?
Firstly by its price 32,90 €, it is less than a cigarette cartridge ... and then, this small kit will be able to largely target first-time vapoteurs or intermediate vapoteurs in search of a little more power.
No need to know too much about the use of this product, only respect the powers in W for the resistances, and the turn and play ^^. A single mode of operation, the wattage mode .... Its clearomizer, the Protank 5 is very easy to use too, even if its print remains an airy hairs for people wanting to get into the vape.
We will see all this in more detail below. Let's go!!!!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 156 with battery
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of interface button (s): Good, flush button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It is well machined and it's clean ... First, the box equipped with the clearomiser plus a battery represents a small featherweight 198 grams, rather light compared to other types of mod.
Its machining interface side gives way to a pleasant grip, and since the buttons are set back, there is war of risk that it goes wrong in the pocket. In speaking button, there are three, one that serves to send the current to the atomizer (switch), one for the most and the last for the least. These are reactive when pressed to change settings or for firing.
As for the atomizer its use and very simple too. Its filling is done from the top, just by unscrewing the top-cap. Its capacity is 3 ml, its diameter is 22 mm for a height of 47,5 mm drip-tip included because it is owner, so not changeable. Moreover it is in Delrin and its diameter is 12 mm.
Having had the metal version for the test, I must admit that aesthetically speaking it's beautiful but you need a cloth in hand because fingerprints mark quickly. You may note that the model is available in black as well.
The cover of the battery compartment is held firmly by two magnets at the top and bottom, the positive part of the battery is inserted downwards. It can be seen in the photo that Kangertech, as a trademark, has kept its logo on the hood as a heat sink, like the first Kbox.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Showing the power of the current vape
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Functional level there is no superfluity ^^. Just the classic wattage mode and it's no worse. For having seen in the shop, when sellers talk about a product, they are forced to talk about all the functions of a mod and sometimes it can scare people because for some, it's very complicated. Basically they just want to stop smoking and that, Kanger understood.
Nevertheless, the mod has a variable power from 7W to 50 W and it is very good to start. It also has security features such as:
- Protection against short circuits from the atomizer
- Reverse polarity protection of accumulators
And practical information like:
- Battery charge display
- Display of the value of the resistance
- Display of the current vape voltage
- Display of the power of the current vape
Its clearomizer, the Protank 5, with a capacity of 3 ml and a filling at the top, has a peculiarity, it is the control of arrival of liquid. Depending on the liquid used, you may want to open or reduce the liquid supply. If a liquid is fluid such as 80 / 20 PG / VG, its opening will be small, and the higher you go in VG rate, the more you open the so-called arrival.
As for its airflow, it is a little airy anyway. Do not hesitate to try before !! In this picture the arrival of liquid is open, we can see the cotton by the rounded opening.
On this one, the opening is completely closed. Just turn the Clearomizer on the right or left to open / close.
It uses the same resistors as the Subtank mini, nano or the Top tank, are the SSOCC ranging from 0,2 Ω to 1,5 Ω. To change the resistance, put the mod upside down and shoot the clearomizer, a very small part will stay on the box. You just have to unscrew the resistance to change it. I confess that I am a septic for this system in time. Is the joints going to hold in the long run? I do not know, and, (other flat), there is none provided in the kit.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For its price we are spoiled, a cardboard box that looks solid. The box and its clearomiser are housed in a dense foam precut to the shape of the product. A small micro USB cable to reload the box without removing the battery is provided. I recommend anyway the purchase of a charger dedicated to the battery.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It is a nice model to use the day because it is not bulky and works very well. A power of 25 watts and here I am spending the day with. Its liquid consumption is not high either, a vacuum tank, so 3 ml.
At ease to walk in the pocket of jeans, no discomfort. Be careful if it forces you to get out of the pocket, because if you pull too hard, only the upper part of the clearomizer, you will have it in the hands and all the liquid in the pocket.
No abnormal heat found on the day.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? With the Protank 5
- Description of the test configuration used: same configuration as the kit
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: with the Protank 5, but nothing prevents you from putting something else
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A kit for people wishing to put the e-cigarette or intermediate vapers, even for so-called "experts" to find a vape cushy at home, without being shouted by Madam because the windows are fat.
Very pleasant to use and not bulky, perfect to start. By its function too, a single mode of operation, the power mode. There is only to put the power adapted to the resistance, and let's go .... No temperature control on 36 wires, no bypass or even TCR or profile mode. One word PERFECT.
I would just have a suggestion, I would have rather seen a Pangu clearomizer on it rather than the Protank 5. As I said above, I am skeptical about the system of change of resistance, I am afraid that in time, the upper part of the clearomiser no longer hold properly on the base. This is really the only negative for me.
Good vape, Fredo
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.