- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: LCA Distribution
- Price of the tested product: 55 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 230W
- Maximum voltage: 8V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Chinese brand Rincoe will be a year in March, so this is a newcomer to the world already loaded Chinese manufacturers. With this starter kit, we must admit that Rincoe makes an effort in design and minimal footprint. For such powerful equipment, it is quite remarkable. You will probably buy this kit around 55 €, which makes it the cheapest of those offering power beyond 200W. The supplied clearomizer contains up to 6ml of juice and works with proprietary resistors. Proportionally, it is quite impressive on this box. Let's take a closer look at what this nice combo has to offer.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 37
- Product Length or Height in mm: 125
- Product weight in grams: 270
- Material composing the product: Stainless Steel, Copper, Stainless Steel Grade 304
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - type IStick in triangle
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes on plastic surfaces
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the front under the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 8
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 3.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The box Manto X measures 75mm high for a maximum width of 40mm and 37mm (front side and back). The general shape is a rounded triangle at the back corners of the box and truncated in front on a width of 21mm. Its weight without the batteries is 108g (for 197g equipped with 2 x 18650). Some see a resemblance to the Reuleaux, it's true that it looks more like a tractor but guys, seriously ...
Made of zinc alloy + stoving varnish and plastic, it has degassing vents and its energy compartment indicates the direction of polarity for the installation of the batteries (not supplied). The lid opens and closes with a spring-loaded, removable tab. The central 510 connector (offset to the front) allows to mount flush atos of 30mm diameter.
The clearomizer Metis Mix measure 51,2mm high (with its drip-tip), for a diameter of 25mm at the base and 28mm at the bubble tank. Its empty weight (equipped with resistance) is 67g and 73g with juice. It is made of stainless steel, lacquered black (acrylic), the tank is Pyrex® glass, it contains 6ml juice, you can buy it separately if you need it.
The proprietary drip-tip is in resin (wide bore), with an outside diameter of 18mm it allows an impressive vape circulation with an inside diameter of 8,5mm useful. The ato is supplied with a mono coil mesh of 0,15Ω, we will speak again of compatible resistances.
The two side airholes are placed at the bottom of the base, they measure 13mm by 2,75mm wide, as much to tell you that they allow an aerial vape. The airflow adjustment is ensured by rotating a ring. The filling is done from above.
Our kit therefore measures 126,2mm for a total weight ready to vaper 270g. The ergonomics are pleasant even if the box is not provided with a non-slip grip coating. The Oled screen is very readable 21 x 11 mm (ventilated display). The switch is placed under the atomizer, above the screen. The adjustment buttons are triangular placed side by side, located under the screen (note that right down the values and left they are mounted), they overlook the micro USB input connection of the charging module. The starter kit is available in four colors. Its size and shape are suitable for all hands.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Vape time display of each puff, Variable overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Messages from clear diagnosis
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed a bottom atomizer
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Let's start by listing the protections and alert messages that this chipset allows.
Cut in case of: polarity reversal - internal overheating (PCB) - energized (6,6V) - short circuit or overload - puff delay before cutoff = 10 sec.
Alert messages: "Check Atomizer" in case of bad / no contact between the ato and the box.
"Shorted" in case of a short circuit or if the resistance is below 0,08Ω in VW mode, or 0,05Ω in TCR mode.
"Lock / Unlock" by simultaneously pressing the setting buttons (+ and -) you lock / unlock the settings, with the appropriate mention.
"Check Battery" when the combined voltage of 2 battery is lower than 6,6V, this message appears, recharge your batteries.
"Too Hot" appears when the internal temperature exceeds 65 ° C, the unit cuts off and you have to wait for the time it cools down to vape again.
"New coil + Same Coil-" when you connect the atomizer in TC mode, press the switch briefly to see this message and choose the right option (New coil +, or Same coil-).
Technical characteristics box Manto X.
- Min / Max values of resistances supported: VW, Bypass: 0,08 to 5Ω (0,3Ω recommended) - TC (Ni200 / Ti / SS / TCR): 0,05 to 3Ω (0,15Ω recommended)
- Output powers: 1 to 228W in increments of 0,1W
- Energy: 2 X 18650 batteries (CDM 25A minimum)
- Input Voltage: 6.0- 8.4V
- Efficiency / accuracy of the PCB: 95%
- Reloading: 5V / 2A
- Maximum output capacity: 50A
- Maximum output voltage: 8.0V
- Temperature control modes: Ni200 / Ti / SS / TCR
- Other modes: VW and Bypass (protected mecha)
- Expression / temperature ranges: 200 to 600 ° F - 100 to 315 ° C
Important recommendation about recharging the batteries. It is certainly possible to charge via a phone charger (5V 2A maxi) or even from your computer. Opt for these methods of recharging if you can not do otherwise but it is advisable, for the performance and the lifetime of your batteries, to use a dedicated charger.
We can note the absence of a preheat in VW mode and that Ni200 / Ti / SS (stainless steel) modes are pre-calibrated, basic functionality without frills. With a calculation accuracy of 95%, it will be prudent not to approach temperature limit values, especially if you are steaming in full VG, where 280 ° C is the temperature where the formation of acrolein will start, keep a margin of security. For example, the resistance supplied to 0,15Ω is read at 0,17Ω, geeks will appreciate.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is in a rigid cardboard box that is presented this kit, each element is housed in a semi-rigid black foam that protects them effectively. Another cardboard box, finer, contains the connection USB / micro-USB, arranged next to the block of foam. This package contains:
La Rincoe Manto X 228W Box Mod
Le Rincoe Metis Mix Sub-Ohm Tank (mounted with Single Coil Mesh Resistor to 0,15 Ω)
4 replacement seals (1 profile, 3 toric)
1 USB / MicroUSB cable
2 User manuals (box and ato)
1 Warranty Card, 1 Card Warranty (SAV), 1 Battery Description Card, 1 Quality Certificate.
There are also several things to note: no spare tank, no spare resistance and if you do not speak Chinese or English, you did well to take note of this review. If not, of course, we can put on the account of these shortcomings, the price of all that would justify them, to you to judge.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple handkerchief
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The OLED screen of the box constantly indicates the charge level of the batteries and the chosen mode, at the top. The power or temperature is displayed below, the puff time is framed on the next floor. Finally, at the bottom of the screen are the resistance value and the voltage at which you are steaming.
As we have seen, the manual is not in French, so I will explain the different manipulations that are offered in terms of settings and other functions.
To turn off / on the box: 5 quick presses on the switch. The box is normally set to "factory" and arrives in VW mode, to vary the power, press the triangular [+] or [-] buttons. To change "Mode", press 3 quickly on the switch, the current mode flashes, you change it with the [+] or [-] buttons, confirm your choice by pressing the switch. The TC modes (Ni200 / Ti / SS / TCR *) are set with the switch and the left button simultaneously, depending on the location of the setting to be set, use one or other of the setting buttons ([+] or [-]). All settings can be locked by simultaneously pressing the [+] and [-] buttons after validation, to unlock, same operation (Lock, Unlock). Bypass mode is a protected mech mode, remember that you have 8V output (if your batteries are fully charged) and that will pulse severe ...
* in TCR mode the heating coefficients to be entered according to the resistive are indicated on the manual, there are two limit values expressed in Fahrenheit. When the high limit heating values are reached in the parameter setting, the expression changes to ° C and vice versa.
On the atomizer, there is little to say. You fill it by the top by unscrewing the drip-top, for a first use, apply yourself to start the resistance: by the 4 lights at first and from the inside by tilting, once filled you will have to wait a few minutes until the juice has soaked all the cotton, switch briefly to begin the movement of capillarity. "Airflow control" is provided by rotating the adjustment ring of the base. The proprietary resistors that you can use on this clearomizer are:
Mono coil 0.15Ω Mesh: Kanthal Coil from 40 to 70W
Dual Mesh 0.2Ω: Kanthal Coil from 60 to 90W
Triple Mesh 0.15Ω: Kanthal Coil from 80 to 110W
Quad Mesh 0.15Ω: Kanthal Coil from 130 to 180W
You should have no problem, you get in pack of 5 parts, around 15 € the pack.
The vape is very correct, the response of the box to the pulse is satisfactory on the resistance tested, 55W the vape remains cold / warm, the restoration of flavors is also satisfactory, as the production of steam, neither the ato nor the box does not heat up, this starter kit does the job without false note. The autonomy of the batteries is a function of the requested power but I did not note a significant consumption, despite the many manipulations necessary for the evaluation, the screen does not seem too energy consuming, it goes out after 15 seconds of inactivity.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, and all ato in sub-ohm editing
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The kit or your favorite ato
- Description of the test configuration used: Manto X Kit and the Metis Mix 0,15Ω resistance
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, no restriction if not a diameter up to 30mm, it should leave the choice
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The score obtained may seem surprising given the qualities of this kit but the absence of a notice in French and the approximation of the calculations of the PCB of the box, end up a little sink the final result. If we add to this the absence of a tank and a spare resistance, the note is justified. On a purely practical level, this material is undeniably very good, its design, its finishes, its ergonomics have everything to please. Its price also plays in its favor especially for the potential power it announces. I do not know if they are very many to vaper 180 or 200W but I do not know who send 228W all day, especially with 2 battery, the autonomy to these powers must be enough restricted, for an impressive juice consumption.
As the other says, "who can do the most, can the least" too, no one forces you to vap these powers on this material. For fun, with the resistance Mesh 4 Coils 0,15 Ω, you can try to "annoy" your living room until you no longer see your friends stunned, but all day, expect spare batteries and vials of 50ml.
In conclusion, I find this kit rather suitable for women (taken in hand), beginners seeking a safe and flexible vape and all those who prefer the discretion of a small box, to more imposing material. Congratulations to the team Rincoe for this interesting find, I await you in the comments and wish you a good vape.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.