- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80W
- Maximum voltage: 9V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Joyetech has recently embarked on the creation of a new line: The "Spy" range.
The first of the name, without displeasing me, did not completely convince me. But this Solo Spy looks much more engaging on paper. Compact, this simple battery 21700 (compatible 18650 with adapter) can reach the 80W, operate in temperature control and it also has a touch screen.
Joyetech has certainly taken care in the realization of this box since it proudly bears the inscription "10th anniversary limited edition" and there is strong reason to believe that this product will be at the height of the event. Indeed a giant of the vape must celebrate such a date by putting the forms.
So happy birthday Joyetech and see this nice little surprise.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25
- Product Length or Height in mm: 81
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material composing the product: Steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decoration style: Universe movie
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of UI Buttons: Touch
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Our Spy Solo is very compact, it is the first box 21700 for the Chinese firm and we can say that this aspect was worked well.
The design is sober but not boring. A slender and slender body, dressed with lines that perfectly reflect the spirit gadget high-tech.
The front panel is distinguished by the oled 1.3 inch screen which takes up a large part of the surface. Above, a large rectangular switch silver color whose ends have been stamped to marry the roundness of the box. It is engraved with the mention referring to the tenth anniversary of one of the greatest brands of the planet vape. It brings an elegant touch to the box.
Above the screen are the micro-USB port and the small unlocking button on the plastic screen.
No "platinum" on the top, the 510 pine is directly integrated in the top-cap on which we distinguish some small visual artifices in the form of small reliefs.
The bottom of the box is in the same spirit as the top-cap, lines in relief come to break the simplicity of the general lines.
Both sides are also dressed with "ornaments" in relief, a trapeze crossed by vertical lines. In addition to being rather aesthetic, these "decorations" significantly improve the grip.
The back cover is smooth and rounded, it is held in place by magnets and fits perfectly.
The housing that hosts the battery is clean, the finish is perfect.
As for the clearomizer, the Procore Air measures 25mm diameter for 57mm high. Its design is very consensual, the only originality is in the 810 drip-tip resin reptile skin finish. Its tank can ship 4,5ml. This clearomizer is reminiscent of the TFV8, one of the references in this market segment.
A nice product, much more inspired than his big sister. If the technique follows, it should be pretty good.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, vape time display of each puff, fixed overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, temperature control of the atomizer resistors, support the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Bypass and variable power both operate with resistors whose value will be between 0.1 and 3.5Ω. Then, TC and TCR modes, compatible with SS, Ni and Titanium, will work with resistors whose impedance will be contained between 0.05 and 1.5Ω.
There is a preheat that allows you to set the first two seconds of your puff.
The touch screen is effective, it displays by default: the mode of vape, the value of the resistance, the time, the power or the temperature, the charge of the battery, the tension and the intensity. The box, when locked, displays the time when you press the switch.
The Chinese giant has, as usual, equipped its box with all the necessary safety systems: protection against short-circuits from the atomizer, protection against the reversal of poles of the battery.
The Procore Air is equipped, as it should, with a filling system from above. It gives access to the 4,5ml tank. Inside is a 0.4Ω multi-coil proprietary resistor that is designed to run at a power between 40 and 80W. There are other models whose characteristics are presented in a small table.
We end the base with an airflow ring that allows of course to vary the air supply.
A complete product, Joyetech has not forgotten anything and this touch screen is decidedly very practical.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A presentation in the purest tradition of the Chinese firm. A light colored pavé with, on the lid, the photo of our glossy paper kit. Above, the name of the product and the mention 10 th anniversary adopt a silver color. As often, the short sides are dressed with the name of the product, that of the brand and the different "social coordinates" of the brand. On the back, we find the contents of the pack and legal notices.
Inside, we see our box on the upper floor.
In the "basement", the atomizer, a spare tank, a resistor, a USB cable, an 18650 battery adapter, spare gaskets and a second drip-tip are located.
There are, of course, records that are, as always, translated into French. A faultless even if I think the package lacks fancy for a birthday series.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
A compact and ergonomic box. Associated with Procore Air, this is a perfect set-up for mobile use. The ergonomics are very good, the box immediately finds its place in the hand and the switch falls well under the finger.
The settings of the box are simply thanks to the touch screen of a medium size but sufficient for comfortable use. The screen is activated by the small button placed near the base. Then we sweep and point, the controls are instinctive and easy to tame. In addition, the complete manual will give you some subtleties of the setting.
The vape is well regulated, the chipset works perfectly, the box is versatile and used at a reasonable power, autonomy becomes comfortable.
The battery change is also done without any harm, simply by removing the magnetic back cover.
The atomizer is pleasant to use. The top-cap is slid in the direction indicated by the small triangular den to access the filling hole. This hole is of a size perfectly adapted to most vial tips.
The resistance is easily changed. It offers a return of flavors suitable and the production of steam is at the rendezvous. Be careful though to large puffs chained, this tends to push the atomizer in its limits and the first feelings of dry-hit are quickly felt.
The capacity is adequate but, at 50W, a filling will last only half a day.
A practical and effective set, able to please a lot of vapers.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The kit as is.
- Description of the test configuration used: the kit as is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the kit works well, but if you want it the box will be associated very well with a RTA
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Joyetech offers us a good product to celebrate his birthday: a compact box, complete, effective and rather well designed.
The drawing is sober but still nice and it offers good ergonomics. The screen is legible and the touch screen navigation is very well done and easy to understand.
The 21700 battery offers honorable autonomy, finally in reasonable use. At 60 / 70W, there will be no miracle.
The box is responsive and offers a good quality of vape and there will probably be updates that can improve it further.
The clearomiser, it is very close to what already exists as the TFV8 baby. It is practical and places itself well in terms of taste sensations and steam production.
A nice kit, the box is really very interesting even if, objectively, it brings nothing really new. It just uses very good solutions already seen but reliable. We could, I'm sure, do even better to celebrate this first decade but this little "gift" still wins a top mod that greets including the homogeneity of the pack and the effectiveness of the box.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.