- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Aspire France
- Price of the tested product: about 34.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 12W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Aspire is the archetype of dynamic builder and leaves no room for emptiness. Every month, new devices leave factories to go into the pockets of vapers, whether confirmed or beginners. This bulimia of novelties, a sign of a great adaptability in real time to the desires of the market, materializes today in the essential sector of pod systems with the kit Spryte which we will make a great tour together.
When a key player in the market looks into a new segment, he brings with him his expertise and the kit proposed here is no exception to the rule. From the outset, we are located on an object seriously thought and manufactured. It is therefore an AIO system (All In One for All In One) that proposes the use of pods, or capsules, that can be filled here using its own e-liquid and which one can change the resistance. A powerful and elegant medium-term between the strict easy-to-use capsule systems and open systems, requiring knowledge that a great beginner does not necessarily have.
The choice seems wise and allows to maintain ease of use while learning the basic gestures that will later be used on more advanced set-ups such as changing a resistance, filling a tank or reloading.
Equipped with a proprietary battery of 650mAh, sufficient for the target audience, the Spryte offers us a novelty by introducing an airflow adjustment, very easy to handle, which is not the case usually in this type of equipment. Then there is, at the top of the battery, a transparent pod, atomizer that contains both the liquid that you will introduce and the resistance that you can change. Simple but you had to think about it!
For a public price generally found between 28.90 € and 34.90 €, we have a complete and compact system. It only remains to know how it vape!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 26
- Product Length or Height in mm: 108
- Product weight in grams: 59
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, PMMA, Steel
- Form Factor Type: Square and Leaning Section
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 6
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
A small passing aesthetic shock me to discover the product of the day. Indeed, Aspire has decided to offer us a tilted kit, a bit like the Tower of Pisa! After a legitimate fear that the product is unstable when placed on a flat surface, it is clear that the manufacturer has well thought its form factor and the ideal distribution of masses allows this kind of fantasy. The mod remains standing and as stable as a box.
With a square section of 26mm, the Spryte is 108mm high, which makes it a compact and fairly thin AIO. The grip is nice, helped in this by a choice of rather eclectic but elegant materials. Indeed, an aluminum alloy body surrounds a plastic core that contains the battery, the chipset and the connection. The pod itself seems to be in PMMA and is clipped on the battery. Nothing fancy, but everything is functional and has a featherweight, guarantee of a serene use for all morphotypes.
Near the pod, we discover shark-shaped vents that will be responsible for transporting the air inside the system to feed the resistance.
The switch is flat and is located just below the pod. Its use is quiet, its race very short and a slight click announces that the order to fire was heard by the machine!
Below the device, on the bottom cap, there is the micro USB socket that will be used to charge your device.
The level of quality is very correct for the rate requested and the aesthetic bias works and its originality differentiates it well from competing proposals.
In short, a box full at this first chapter!
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Not applicable
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Protection against discharge / overload, Protection against overheating, Cut-off of 15s, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of light operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 200
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Inevitably, the features are not legion on this type of device. Yet, Aspire offers something a bit more elaborate than the usual AIO kits.
First, we have the usual features. Five clicks for the power on or off, it's classic, almost a standard and so it's necessarily reassuring. The switch is easy to handle and quickly finds its place under your index or your thumb, according to your preferences.
The protections are numerous and effective: against short circuits, against a deep discharge of the battery or against an overload, against an abnormal rise in the operating temperature of the chipset ... everything has been thought for a serene vape.
The novelties are around the refillable pod.
Using BVC CE5 resistors, the included atomizer can hold 2ml of liquid, which is always sufficient depending on the target audience. We can change the resistance when it reaches the end of the track. For this, simply unscrew the chimney, then the old resistance and screw a new one. We go back and go for a ride in the clouds.
The plus is to have grafted on the base of the chimney a ring to adjust the airflow and that changes everything. Indeed, even if the power remains the same, we can modulate the amount of air and get a draw more airy or tighter. In any case, there will not be an untimely triggering of cumulonimbus but this is not the purpose. This setting generally non-existent at the competition can just find its preferred draw in a simple way and, as the device is not reachable when it is clipped on the battery, there is no risk of turning the ring by mistake. Well seen !
Another innovation, the Spryte comes with two resistors. One is a traditional 1.8Ω BVC, made to work between 4.2 and 5V, which gives a theoretical power between 10 and 13W. But the second that is provided has been specially developed to pass liquids using nicotine salts. It displays a power between 10 and 12W, perfect in the field. Interesting to have proposed a dedicated resistance even if it will work perfectly also with traditional e-liquids.
The filling of the pod is carried out comfortably by removing the orange rubber cover which closes the hole devolved to the reception of the juice. This hole is widely sized to accommodate any type of dropper, including the thickest. Simply fill, reposition the cover firmly and sealing is assured.
To change the resistance, nothing easier. You just have to turn the airflow ring which is also the screw head of the chimney and everything unscrews quickly and well. Then just take out the whole chimney, unscrew the resistance and replace it with another one.
Nothing else under the sun but we will remember the ease of filling and resistance change, the presence of an adjustable airflow and that of a resistance devolved to nicotine salts. This is already very good and is largely enough to legitimize the presence of Spryte in the game!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The conditioning is simple but complete. We will find, in a black cardboard badged with the coat of arms of the brand our complete Spryte, the two different resistances and a set of two seals, a tank shutter of replacement (well seen!) And a USB / Micro USB cable a little short but functional.
A logical packaging in the price range with a multilingual manual that also speaks French and quite well!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Spryte is therefore in the best of ways and the experience of the manufacturer is felt well in all areas of the game.
The vape is very pleasant and perfectly adapted to the use of a primavapoteur. The flavors of the liquids are respected, the steam is not indigent and adjustable airflow can even give it a little extra volume. Moreover, we can quite consider vaper with even if we are a confirmed vaper who wants a light system, typed MTL and easy to implement. Just be careful to avoid liquids that are too high in vegetable glycerine. A rate of 50 / 50 seems quite appropriate, although I tested with some success heavier juices, in 30 / 70.
The comfort of use is very real. Compact, the Spryte holds well in hand, is discreet if necessary, provides autonomy that is not ridiculous and quite suited to the maximum power it can send. No liquid spray in the mouth, no leaks inside the device (or outside!), The serious construction coupled with a balanced R & D works miracles and ensures a vape of quality in the category.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? As is
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? As is, with the pods of the brand
- Description of the test configuration used: As is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: As it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is a pleasure to note that the major manufacturers of the ecosystem have finally decided to reconnect with the kits for beginners. After a few years where the bidding for power has been able to fill all the geeks of which I am a part, we thus witness a rebalancing of the market which can once again welcome primovapoteurs with adapted tools to begin to vape quietly and thus get rid of their addiction to cigarettes.
Aspire makes a remarkable and remarkable entry in the category by proposing a kit quite circumstantial, well studied, well built and which brings its small ecot of interesting innovations. What win hands down a deserved Top Mod doubled with a blow of heart of the drafting of the Vapelier for an adapted proposal that keeps all its promises!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.