- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: The World of the Vape
- Price of the tested product: 79.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
This review follows our previous column on the Vapelier that you can find here: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/6031
At the time, we did not hide our disappointment with this product and we, with the help of our sponsor, sent information to the manufacturer. The box, which on paper had it all had some really unfortunate defects in use. As a reminder:
- Screen color but placed under a slab smoke so almost invisible.
- Magnetic cover of access to the batteries but not holding in place.
- Huge latency between firing and heating the coil.
- Problems of too high voltage delivered by mod.
- Size and weight irrelevant for a box 60W
- Bugs between protections and their implementation and / or display.
The manufacturer has therefore worked on his product and therefore offers a SMY60 new version, before the next which is emerging for quickly, which will be equipped with temperature control and will have a smaller size. We appreciated being heard by the importer and the manufacturer and we think we have played our role, in the best interest of the consumer, shops but also for the product itself.
If you are interested in this product, be careful not to buy the offending version in the previous article but this new version.To find out, you can trust the serial number: from the number 5293, c is the right version! To check this number, go to the menu (3 clicks on the switch) then choose the menu "?" And the serial number is displayed.
So we will see if Simeiyue has provided a job to put his product on the saddle by making it finally interesting and consistent with what many expected.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 27.58
- Product Length or Height in mms: 99
- Product weight in grams: 242
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
No changes in dimensions and weight of the SMY60. We are thus in the presence of a rather imposing box, not because of a single dimension particularly disproportionate but rather because all the dimensions are rather imposing: width, height and depth. Which makes it a pretty big box in hand for a model using only one battery. The manufacturer had to realize his mistake since the next SMY60 will finally have a mini format, more adapted to the power it delivers and that many competitors manage to concentrate in a more compact format. The SMY 60, in the current state of things, offers a format more suited to a dual-battery box.
On the other hand, Simeiyue perfectly reworked the negative points that we had raised concerning the finish and the famous screen. This one, placed behind a transparent screen, literally peeps at the look and one can finally admire the colors, the famous counter which, although useless, is nonetheless nice and the dimension of this display which makes available all the information without having to squint. Congratulations for having reviewed this aspect and have kept the presence of a display of intensity, very useful especially in high power.
The battery access cover has finally been optimized and it does not brinquebale more like before. The manufacturer has just changed the guide screws, which, benefiting from a wider head, perfectly maintain the hood where it should be. Given the gene that the old system caused, it is a huge improvement at little cost.
All that made the box of interest in quality has been either reviewed when it was wrong, or maintained when it was not a problem, like the excellent mechanical support of the motherboard without an ounce of glue.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, Display of the power of the vape in progress, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time from a certain date, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
In this chapter too, the builder did a good job. Total reprogramming that latency, although still noticeable, is much lower than before. We now have a latency equivalent to that of an M80 SMOK. Although this does not make it the most reactive box on the market, it still stands very well.
Same for the voltage that is much better regulated than before. We have a nice vape, even at low power, even if the box seems faster to fight on the high powers.
No more display or protection bugs either. The box cash up to 0.3Ω, so I put a dripper mounted 0.2Ω. As a result, she showed good resistance but refused to fire by posting "Low Resistance" so typically what is expected of her. A faultless result of intelligent reprogramming. We can therefore appreciate the fact of serenely ving with a beautiful object in the hands, well finished and very solid appearance, with a little more for the carbon fiber part of the magnetic panel, very good bill.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging, which was already princely, remained the same, fortunately. Far from the cardboard boxes that pile up in our closets, here we have a beautiful case that not only serves to deliver the SMY 60 in a safe environment but which, moreover, can be used to transport it with you see that the case, of good size, is also equipped with a karabiner handy for hanging on a suitcase during this period of transhumance. Carrément a faultless on this point. A reference!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the mod does not give any bad surprises. Its imposing size will rather destine it to the big hands but except this warning, there is no more any hidden "wolf" that will jump you in the face. The vape is well regulated, pleasant to low power and very fierce high power, a real Porsche! I still note a very small flaw: the insertion of the battery is not very practical. The cradle is cut short so you must present the battery parallel to the cradle so that it is positioned at first without forcing. It's just a habit to take. Not to mention that the mod is rechargeable by a micro USB / USB, it is not expected to do this manipulation all the time, even if we sometimes forget that a battery loaded in a good independent charger will have a better behavior in time. But let's admit that this is a small thing and that all other boxes are housed in the same boat.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All!
- Description of the test configuration used: SMY + Mutation X V3, + Taifun GT, + Subtank mini
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: View the love of the power of this mod, it delivers the best of itself between 30 and 40W, so choose an atomizer compatible with this type of power.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I am silent, I am silent ... Firstly, because it's hot and the heat wave boils my brain, and then because I have nothing to say.
Simeiyue has met all expectations regarding his product. Better still, the manufacturer has been able to make amends by proposing the long-awaited product, which works well, which is good, which is well finished and which, finally, holds all the enticing promises that had been made.
This deserves a big hat trick. Listening to the vapers seems to be the best way to offer a competitive product and really in tune with market demand and Simeiyue has heard where others are turning a deaf ear. However, even if the quality of this box is no longer in question, it seems obvious that the time spent in these multiple settings leads to the fact that it is not really in tune with the times and that since then, many brands have come out more compact models, also see more powerful and more modern aesthetics.
But objectively, there are only two really negative points in my opinion: the size a little imposing and the fact that soon the SMY60 Mini TC will come equipped with a temperature control. For the rest, it is the great game of a manufacturer who has understood that it is better to run than run. It is a behavior to salute as it should.
NB: The world of the vape, our sponsor, decided not to market this product because it is waiting for the next two versions, mini and mini TC.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.