- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The world of the vape
- Price of the tested product: 79.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 14
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Superb! A mini size for maximum capacities!
With its large LCD color screen that looks like a car counter, this mini box still provides 60W. It supports Nickel resistors for use of temperature control in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit.
The information is very numerous, because it also gives you on its big screen the date and time.
Among the many features, the big screen with all its information, multiple protections, a very complete pack and a menu allowing access to countless features, this box is a small jewel in a mini size for a price that remains perfectly correct.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 26 X 46.8
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 169
- Material composing the product: aluminum and zinc alloy material and carbon fiber hood
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We can not miss the first feature, its size. Very compact, it is discreet and the grip is nice.
The power supplied is honorable since it can go up to 60 Watts.
It also allows sub-ohm mounting by accepting resistors from 0.1 ohm up to 3 ohms for conventional fixtures and from 0.1 ohm to 1 ohm for nickel fixtures (Ni200). Nickel fixtures are used with temperature control that is graduated in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit.
For energy, the battery can be recharged via the supplied USB plug or by simply lifting the magnetized cover to easily remove the battery and change it.
The pin spring connector allows flush mounting with the atomizer.
The chassis is made of aluminum and zinc. On the other hand, for both sides, the front is entirely dedicated to the screen with a large well-lit display and the back is equipped with a black carbon fiber hood, very easy to handle for the change of the screen. accumulator. On the ass of the box, we can see the holes for ventilation and the connection to connect the USB socket to recharge it
My feeling about the quality is very good with perfect finishes to the edges of the box that are beveled.
The only minor defects, however, are finger marks and scratches because the SMY60TC is sensitive and a menu so full of features that it can be confusing at first.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors Atomizer, Temperature Control of Atomizer Resistors, Adjusting Display Brightness
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Via external adapter included in the packaging
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features are many, in addition to the memorization of some parameters and the programming of some locks, so we have a very complete menu.
On the top of the screen, the first line gives you 3 indications: the charge of your battery, the number of puffs you made and the value of your resistance in ohm.
The second line indicates the power in Watt (or the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit or in degrees Celsius) and next to it, the voltage in Volt with the intensity in Ampere.
Below are the time and date.
Then a small counter that gives in seconds the time of support on the switch which is associated with a big dial needle for power.
And at the bottom of the screen are displayed 4 icons: The first is used to turn off the box, the second can be locked, the third lets us access the parameters and the last gives us the information related to the box (serial number , characteristics, protections).
In the settingswe access:
- In the operating mode (work mode) that allows you to choose, depending on your installation, the power or temperature modes (choice P = power, choice TC = temperature in degrees Celsius, choice TF = temperature in Fahrenheit)
- Has various settings (Time setting), for the duration of the puff, for the normal mode, for the temperature control, for the screen saver or for the extinction of the box.
- The choice of vaping (Vapor mode) by pressing the switch by pulse to be in manual "M" or continuous automatic "A".
- At date setting (Date and time).
- At the count of puffs in number and time (Puffs info).
- To the battery saver, by activating "Y" or disabling "N" the highlight of the screen when using (Stealth mode)
- Against short circuits
- Against battery polarity errors
- against high temperatures (above 85 ° C)
- Against deep discharges (less than 3 V)
- Against the boost during USB charging (higher than 4.2 V)
- Against the battery overcharge
- Against the resistances too low (under 0.1 ohm)
Either the power varies between 3 and 60 watts, or the temperature varies from 200 ° F to 600 ° F or from 90 ° C to 315 ° C
Operates in sub-ohm with resistors from 0.1 ohm
The pine is floating, spring-loaded.
Recharging via the micro USB adapter or changing the battery
Many features, therefore. We can say that everyone will find his account but all may not be used.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For packaging, you receive the box in a very strong cardboard box, the foam is dense and protects and stalls the contents perfectly.
There is also a USB adapter for recharging but the length of this cable is really insufficient.
A small card is provided with a stamp for the authenticity of the product.
A manual of several pages is delivered in this packaging, it explains all the functionalities of the box, the precautions of use, the characteristics and many other things still but this notice is only in English.
Also in the box, a cloth to clean your screen.
Be careful, as soon as you receive your Smy 60 TC Mini, a protection film is on each side of the box. I specify this detail because it is so well posed that some forums were surprised at the quality of the screen because they have not seen.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
ATTENTION: If you use a resistive wire other than Nickel while being on the "temperature control" function, the box will not work (or badly) and it is normal. It is important to know that for the moment, few clearomizers with interchangeable resistors, are equipped with resistors in NI200. Therefore, be careful with the mode you use before use (rest assured, nothing will be damaged), before trying to understand why the box does not work.
For ignition it is necessary to press 5 times on the Switch. For access to settings, 3 Presses on the Switch will give you entry on the bottom of the screen to 4 icons.
Manipulations on just three buttons are simple. On the other hand, many functions are offered to you but all will not necessarily be necessary. The most important thing at the beginning is to adjust your vape mode:
- On the power "P" if your assembly is made with a wire other than the NI200
- On the temperature control if your resistance is achieved with a nickel wire.
The visualization of the degrees can be in Celsius "C" or in degrees Fahrenheit "F"
All the functional characteristics described above work very well and are easy to access, but they are so numerous that it will take time to adapt. Example, for the "Vapor mode" mode, which makes it possible to use the switch by pulse or in continuous operation with a prior adjustment of the duration. There is also the "Stealth Mode" setting for screen highlighting to save battery power.
In use, the box works perfectly. Even at 60 watts, with a Kanthal fixture, nothing was heated. Same as 600 ° F (or 315 ° C) using nickel.
It is imperative to use a 18650 flat top battery (without stud) with a maximum discharge current greater than 30 Amperes. Thus the autonomy is very satisfactory for the whole day. The vape is smooth, it remains constant and I have not encountered any particular concern.
Between the moment when we press the switch and the moment we can vape, there is a small latency of about half a second. This is not huge but can be embarrassing for some.
The spring-loaded pin is perfect for flush mounting (1mm for some atomizers).
The cover to access the battery is a child manipulation. Closed by two magnets, it does not move and is fixed as it should. A smart and easy system.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? no particular model
- Description of the test configuration used: TC subhom clearomizer and dripper in normal mode and TC
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is none
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The features and menu offer of this box with the prior settings and aesthetics, leave little room for negative points.
The negative points :
- Fingerprints and scratches easily appear
- Slight latency between pressing the switch and the steam
- Requires a time of adaptation to assimilate all the settings
The positive points :
- Its small size, it is compact and its ergonomics allows a good hold in hand
- A bright and very large screen with many clear and well organized information
- The use remains easy after a time of adaptation
- Comfortable maximum power value (60W) with use of sub-ohm up to 0.1 ohm
- Dual mode: normal or with temperature control
- Blocking and stopping in manual or automatic
- The count of impulses on the switch and the duration of the puffs
- The recharging of the battery by a USB adapter with possibility to vaper during reloading. And a removable hood easy to open for the change of the battery, perfectly functional
- 510 connection with spring pin
- Many safeties, a solid look with beautiful finishes
- A smooth and constant vape
- When the price, it is also very competitive.
This is a beautiful little box! The smy 60 TC Mini allows to obtain a vape very pleasant, smooth and constant, that it is in the normal mode or the mode in control of temperature.
Its energy consumption remains correct. With a single accumulator, I spent the day my 8ml at least.
Very few negatives for maximum benefits, this is my last purchase, hey I cracked ... 🙁
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.