- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The world of the vape
- Price of the tested product: 69.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 12
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
For the price, this is a beautiful box with a function "Temperature Control", with many securities. An elegant style with a perfectly illuminated OLED display.
Its power ranges from 5 to 50 Watts for a normal operating mode and accepts resistances from 0.1 to 3 ohms. For the TC (temperature control) mode, the setting ranges from 200 ° F (93.33 ° C) to 600 ° F (315.55 ° C) with resistance values between 0.1 and 1ohm using only resistive wire. nickel (Ni200).
This box gives us the ability to easily change the battery with its sliding cover, or to recharge it with the provided USB and can even vapote during reloading. In the menu I also found a puff counter.
The front and back fronts are covered with a glossy polycarbonate fiber plating that is sensitive to finger and scratch marks, but gives this box a beautiful look.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 28 x 49
- Product Length or Height in mms: 99
- Product weight in grams: 268
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Zinc and carbon fiber
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The dimensions and weight are a little above the average electronic boxes that are made today, however they remain reasonable.
The brushed appearance of the aluminum frame combined with the brilliant veneer facades makes it very well, while remaining in a classic style and despite its sensitivity to markings. The finishes are perfect, beautiful and neat, I did not find any aesthetic defect.
The fire button, placed on the side of the box near the 510 connection is wide, flexible, convenient and efficient. While the other smaller, discrete buttons are located on the front panel, under the OLED display. Very practical and well thought out, ergonomics and aesthetics are perfectly complementary in this product.
Beautiful and refined despite a size made for large hands, I liked this box easy to use and very well developed, which seems relatively robust.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging by AC adapter delivered with the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Via external adapter included in the packaging
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 28
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
A small wonder with multiple functions. In the menu (pressing 3 times on the "menu" key) we find:
- Operator mode: these are two modes of operation. Normal or use of the box with temperature control (I remind you that this mode can only work by using Ni200 nickel resistive wire)
- Time Sitting: the box is automatically paused, with personalized time management.
* overtime: the box is cut if the duration of the puff is too long (long press on the switch)
* Autolock: putting the box to sleep after the time you have set before. By default this time is 5 minutes.
* Shut down: Stop the box after a previously set time. By default this time and 6 minutes.
- Lock: to block the box directly. To unlock just press both arrows at the same time, right and left.
- Power off: To turn off the box. To turn it on again just press 5 once in a row on the switch
- Puff info: Gives the pulse time on the switch and the cumulative time of aspiration.
The protections are numerous:
- Against short circuits
- Against battery polarity inversions
- Against high internal temperatures
- Against the tension too low
- Against a long press on the switch
Variable power from 5 to 50 watts, or variable temperature from 200 ° F to 600 ° F
Operates in sub-ohm with resistors from 0.1 ohm
The pine is floating, spring-loaded.
Charging via the micro USB adapter or changing the battery
Display of the menu and its functions, battery level, watts, volts, resistance and temperature.
We can say that the features of this box are many, there are many and they are varied .... but do they work? (we'll see that a little further)
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A fairly complete package with the box first of course, a mini carton serving as a warranty certificate, a small cloth to clean the shiny parts, a USB adapter for recharging and a comprehensive explanatory note but unfortunately only in English. All stalled in a foam covered with black velvet and in a solid cardboard box.
This is a good packaging that fully protects the components it contains.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
CAUTION: if you use a resistive wire other than nickel while being on the function "temperature control", the box will not work and it is normal. It is important to know that for the moment, most clearomizers with interchangeable resistors, do not have resistive wire in nickel except those noted "TC", therefore, be careful with the mode you use before use ( rest assured, nothing will be damaged), before trying to understand why the box does not work.
Easy to use, simply initially define the operating mode you want, depending on the resistive wire chosen.
From there, it remains just to be guided if necessary, by the menu that gives very easily the features you need.
I tested this box in both modes on rebuildable atomizer and on Dripper:
In normal mode with 0.3 ohm resistor in double coil with a kanthal of 0.5mm of diameter, I vape up to 50 watts without difficulty. A superb warm and smooth steam, it remains constant during the vape. I did not encounter any particular problem.
In TC mode with Ni200 nickel resistive wire of 0.25 diameter, I realized a single coil on a 3mm support with ten turns for a value of 0.29 ohm at 600 ° F on a "Zenith" dripper. I get a fabulous cold steam with big clouds. I am impressed by the lack of lukewarmness and the fruity flavors of liquids are excellent. On the other hand for the tobacco flavors, I admit that a steam a little warmer I miss.
For the 510 spring-mounted connection, it's ideal to have a flush atomizer with the mod, no need to have a preset or screw anything.
The cover to access the accumulator, slides very well and locks by magnetization once in place. An intelligent system that is easy to handle.
Everything works well but I regret just one thing is its consumption. She is greedy and I advise you to take an extra battery with you if you want to spend the whole day without risk of failure. You can also decrease the active standby time of the screen by setting it.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesis type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? no particular model
- Description of Test Configuration Used: Zenith Dripper Test with Ni200 for 0.29 Ohm Resistance
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: In order to take advantage of the TC function a RDA or RTA with a Ni200 mounting would be wise and preferable if you are vaping fruity liquids. Normal mode remains classic (of course!)
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Very few negative points in relation to the offer of the functionalities of this box as well as for its functional and aesthetic qualities.
For the negatives:
- The size and weight are a little above the electronic classic boxes
- USB charging below (impractical with a mounted dripper)
- Fingerprints and scratches are easily made
- Quite energy-consuming in its default settings. (the screen in particular)
For the positives:
- Its beautiful appearance and robustness, its large bright OLED display and the position of buttons very practical.
- A menu and features easy to use.
- Comfortable power value with use of sub-ohm up to 0.1 ohm
- Dual mode: normal (variable power or TC)
- Blocking and stopping in manual or automatic
- The count of impulses on the switch and the duration of the puffs
- Recharging of the battery by a USB adapter with the possibility of vapping during reloading.
- 510 connection with spring pin
- And all the many security, up to push the vice to paint two huge signs "+" and "-" on the location of the battery.
- When the price, it is also very competitive, what to ask for better? a slightly smaller format for female hands .... Thank you !
I think this box is a gem, and its TC mode works perfectly. I enjoyed ving floral and fruity flavors with nickel resistance, because this cold vapor ideally restores the taste and aroma for juices that are in clear and spring tones. Too bad the interchangeable resistors clearomizers (which today are very powerful), are a bit expensive, because this function does not apply without the presence of this material. There is only the reconstructible which for the moment can take advantage of the temperature control, for a reasonable cost.
The normal mode is also perfectly functional with a smooth smooth vape.
Also, the manufacturer asks you to use accumulators with a minimum capacity of 25A, I advise you to take a little more performance in 35A.
Unlike a mechanical mod, it is best to remove the battery when you do not use the box for several days, because even off, it continues gently to discharge the battery.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.