- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Le Monde de la vape (http://www.lemondedelavape.fr)
- Price of the tested product: 149.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 250 watts
- Maximum voltage: 13
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
At a time when a tsunami box of all sizes, all prices and all powers invades the e-cigs market, here is the SMY 260 in its Organic version (a particular aesthetic). As much to say it immediately, we are not here in the field of mini-boxs that make the race for miniaturization. On the contrary, here we are in the presence of a respectable size box, a heavy weight, which contains three 18650 batteries and can send 260 watts. And yes, you read correctly: 260W!
Suffice to say that this box is rather reserved for high-flying vapers who will find here a machine of war able to deliver insane powers and to pawn the pawn to many mecas mods to indulge in the joy of Cloud Chasing! For others, still with a good big hand and strong muscles, it will be the only material you will bring in the weekend with you because its autonomy is breathtaking.
Analysis of a future bestseller ???
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 69
- Product Length or Height in mms: 118
- Product weight in grams: 400
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Style of decoration: Cyber Punk universe
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Let's first talk about aesthetics even if, at this level of power, we can understand that it goes behind other considerations. It seems difficult to make sexy a brick of aluminum of this size and yet the manufacturer has managed to deliver a beautiful object, well worked and perfectly finished. The aluminum that seems cut to compete with a tank Leclerc hosts on one side a smoked organic glass veneer behind which is the screen and buttons "+" and "-", judiciously placed below the screen to view clearly what we do when we manipulate them. This screen would probably have gained to be brighter but it is an insignificant detail explained by the fact that its brightness is mitigated by the smoked glass. Above the screen is a symbol representing a lion, my faith very successful, without ostentation superfluous but with a certain grace. On the other side, another black veneer to harmonize everything but the manufacturer also offers other colors.
The finish seems made to last an eternity so the aluminum seems cut in the mass. I appreciated the 510 connection equipped with a screw-in adjustable copper pin and the air vents for the atomizers, which supply air from below. When I received it, the 510 connection was moving a little bit. This is where I realized that you could, with an Allen key, tighten this connection. Smart and useful ...
The back plate is held by magnets but is intended to be screwed to hold perfectly in place. This is explained by the existence of a micro USB connection for charging the batteries. For aficionados charger, they can of course refrain from putting the screws even if the hood tends to slide a little when not secured to the mod. One more detail ...
The only negative point that I noted in the finish of the set lies in the cradle that receives the three batteries. I liked the width and strength of the contactors but the batteries tend to wander a little when positioned. Nothing prohibitive if we consider a nice technical progress in the fact that all electronic components, including battery contactors, are grouped on a motherboard screwed to the chassis. This eliminates rough collages and wire paths, potentially generating loss of conductivity. I think it's this awesome system that collateral damage the absence of a more stable battery cradle. The manufacturer could have simply made sure to insert a thicker wedge on the hood to stabilize the batteries. That said, I did not notice any movement of the batteries in use (even shaking the mod!) When the hood is closed by magnetization or screws.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 3
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The mod chipset was designed by Texas Instrument and it can be said that the Dallas electronics engineer did a great job. First by designing a chipset capable of pure performance simply mind-blowing but also by placing a complete motherboard screwed on the chassis itself mod.
At the rendering, the vape is perfectly smooth and very precise in the flavors. It is also immediate even at relatively large resistances (2Ω).
At low power (10W) the box tends to deliver however a little more power than that requested but between 40W and 180W, it sends rigorously the desired power. At 260W, she will send a very nice 250W, which places it in front of many super-boxes of the market. Given the destination of this box, I do not think it is essential that the low power precision is important since it is done primarily to get into the towers.
The intensity limitation is 50A, which is very high. Of course, such intensity requires suitable batteries, whose CDM exceeds 30A. Used with LGs similar to the one that equips the Vaporshark, one is perfectly synchro with the demand in intensity of the SMY.
I will not detail the menu but you should know that the mod is equipped with a standard mode that goes to 80W (!!!) and a "super" mode that will allow you to tu tu tu 260W. The screen will warn you, when you turn this mode on, that it is high time to put a high current discharge battery ... if it is not already done ... The menu also has an automatic mode that allows you to program its session. vape following three parameters and, after a short press on the switch, the mod will deliver what you asked him. And, finally, there is also a programmable cut-off according to the different ranges of power required. However, this cut-off can never exceed 10 seconds. The menu also offers a recording of the settings of the various cut-offs.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The manufacturer does not make fun of its buyers. Even if the mod price is high, you get what you pay for. First a beautiful blue bag and "logotée" contains the mod, the record that is very complete and well made even if our Chinese friends are still unaware that French exists, a flat screwdriver, a Phillips screwdriver, a Allen key, 4 screws for the hood (which makes two spare parts), a USB cord, a chamois leather, a certificate of control and, finally, a short length of resistive wire of big caliber (0.50 at sight of nose) to make well understood the user that he will have to coiler hard if he wants the thread to hold!
We are therefore far from being nibbled on the packaging and some Europeans or Americans would need an internship in China to teach them how to make packaging corresponding to their prices ....
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Here, it must be understood that this mod is made to go up in the towers and send a big power. Power-users, fans of extreme autonomy, Cloud Chasers, genesis enthusiasts who send, this mod is for you and will accompany you in your most dangerous incongruous cloudy deliriums.
In a cushy everyday use, its weight and size will be felt and when you slip it into your back pocket of jeans, you will regret having taken your pants one size below ...
So, in the same way that we do not use his Lamborghini to go to Auchan to shop, know how to use and enjoy this mod for what it is, not for what it is not ... 😉
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer 510 may be in its place on this mod but it is more to accommodate a dripper or genesis, or ato fiber that accepts a little power up ...
- Description of the test configuration used: SMY + Mephisto, SMY + Taifun GT, SMY + Expromizer
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good big dripper very airy and a juice in 100% VG!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Amateur subtle vaporous walk, go your way. Here, we are in the competition and the SMY is on the starting line with a big V12 under the hood! No fuss, no miniaturization. That of the ground and solid equipment, manufactured according to complex constraints to hold in collaboration between Simeiyue for the bodywork and Texas Instrument for the engine.
What excited me the most, beyond the phenomenal power that will delight fans of great shivers I do not belong, is that after 48 hours of use, I still have 50% autonomy. Of course, if I went up to 70W with a dripper and a juice adapted for the sport and the big cloud, I rather used it as a quiet father, with my RTA, at a power between 16 and 20W on average. But the fact remains that the autonomy is colossal and that, therefore, beyond the performers, this mod will also be likely to interest those who are absent from home and do not want to be burdened with chargers, of batteries and thirty mods ...
Well thought out, well done, this mod is displayed at a consistent price. It seems incongruous to say so given a high price but, compared to the possibilities of the machine, its construction and very neat packaging, it is not stolen on the goods, force is to admit it.
We are at the antipodes of the vape tool which must be discreet, easily transportable and correct in its rendering. The SMY 260 is a racing machine, passionate object par excellence but which does not lie on its capacities and which seduce suddenly on the vapors in mystical quest of the ultimate vape, as surfers before them could be in search of the ultimate wave .
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.