- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Le Monde de la Vape
- Price of the tested product: 149.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 260 watts
- Maximum voltage: 13
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Smy is a Chinese manufacturer, declining here his box in its ultimate version with the so-called "organic" look.
260 watts embedded in a large volume, all powered by three accumulators.
Yes you read correctly: 260 watts and three batteries.
Target target market: Expert vapers, in need of very strong sensations. Those engaged in competitions Cloud Chasing (competition of clouds of steam), or, and this is where this box is even more amazing, those wanting to have a box with autonomy without limits ... (almost a week full in my case).
As we will see below, the SMY 260 Organic has two modes.
The first being limited to 80 watts and optimizing the autonomy, the second allowing to open the access to the 260 watts by drawing on the amperage of the batteries at the expense this time of any autonomy.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 69
- Product Length or Height in mms: 118
- Product weight in grams: 400
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Ok, you probably will not find it beautiful ... (that's my case), but you have to take it in hand to feel its weight, its quality of manufacture.
It is at the moment of the insertion of the accumulators that one realizes that one is in front of a Ferrari F40 of the vape (the aestheticism in less).
Here not a dot of glue, not a wire that hangs ... a wire ... a cable should I say ... the two welds that are barely visible if we do not lean the animal, and which connects the pad 510 to the motherboard of the casing reveal the thickness of the brass that has been assembled.
The connectors for the batteries seem to be also made of the same metal, and have the solidity of a ROC ... Large powerful poodles, not always delicate, here no complex, the SMY is cut for you so much by its volumes as by its manufacture .
The plate that must be unscrewed to reach the motherboard, the hood that must actually lift to reach the engine, is made of aluminum like the rest of the case.
It adjusts not only through the two screws, but also by "magnetization" under the magnetic attraction that connects it to the rest of the case.
Screwing back is a breeze, to stop using the SMY only through its function of charging USB accumulators.
Let's talk about accumulators right now ... HERE IT NEEDS HEAVY, the manufacturer recommends the use of THREE accus of the same model, the CDM (very) high is 30 amperes!
During our tests we used LG batteries, which were provided to us by our sponsor: The World Of The Vape, also if you decide to acquire the SMY, do not forget to add the ad-hoc accumulators in your cart. line.
In short, it is a product manufactured under the highest industrial auspices, which will never let go (unless you do it against concrete), both by its quality of manufacture and the quality of the components which constitute it.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 3
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
All the power management, as well as the quality of vape (as smooth as a stirred yogurt) hold in two words, but what words: Texas Instrument.
The Texan smelter designed and made available to all manufacturers a chipset with outstanding performance!
Smy took it and made it the heart of the motherboard he screwed on the backplane of his box.
In terms of accuracy, as in the first review done by Papagallo, I also noted some differences in the low powers.
But as this box is not intended to be used around 10w, nobody cares!
Indeed when you climb in the towers, this chipset is as effective as a metronome, 70w? here is 70w, 100 w? Well here is 100 and so on or arrived at 260w and depending on the available discharge in the accumulators, the SMY will deliver what is asked.
The SMY has two modes.
The first is limited to a high value of 80 watts (still ... 80 watts!), For which the three batteries will offer any vaper autonomy dreamed of a Paris-Nice-Nice-Paris by bike without ever having need to search for an electrical outlet.
The second mode, called SUPER, will release the horses under the hood of the monster, not without having warned to make a final adjustment of the levels, by setting up, high-discharge accumulators.
For both modes, we can program a whole series of cut-off, knowing that the default values offered are inversely proportional to the output power demand (logically, the higher the power, the shorter the cut-off is ).
I have, as such played the apprentice sorcerers, putting me in super fashion, with ato mounted 0.3 ohms and going as high as possible depending on the residual discharge of my batteries, not without having gorged my magma juice test both in the tanks, and on my fiber here, the Fiber-Freaks
The result did not wait, judge rather.
Second 1.5, more juice on the fiber and the resistance becomes as glowing as during a dry burn.
Second 2, my ato ignites!
Novice vapoteurs friends, do not play games, it's about your health and your safety.
It is DEBILE to ask a mod to deliver as much power on a resistance as low ... for information, everything would have happened otherwise with a resistance of 2 ohms!
Otherwise, it's like driving a Ferrari F40 when you just had your license ... At 300 km / h it can only happen that a meeting with a wall!
To finish the experiment, I wanted to see how the Fiber Freaks had reacted ...
As you can see, NOTHING! not a mark! bravo!
To come back to our mod, as you can see on the technical sheet above, it offers all the features required by a mod in its category, but few in its category can offer as much as him.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Yes with this mod we are in the high end, it's a luxury racing car.
But as in a prestigious dealership, we are pampered, pampered ... Here the only fault of our Chinese friends is to ignore the language of Voltaire.
For the rest everything is present, with in addition to all the small equipment necessary (screwdriver, key to Len, resistive, cord recharge ...) we offer a superb cover, with the lion's face that overcomes the mod.
Yes I know what you think ... you remember getting your pipeline in a cardboard box ... me too ... and it's sad.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Its weak point in terms of mobility, it is what is its strength for the rest.
It is necessary to fit them somewhere the three batteries, suddenly, it becomes difficult to transport in a jean pocket and even less in the pocket of a jacket.
Also unless taking a pants size above yours, this mod requires a carrier.
This disadvantage will soon be forgotten once sitting pulling your next puff!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer with 510 connection will not mismatch on this mod. But prefer a good genesis or a dripper.
- Description of the test configuration used: Igo L, AGA T2, Kayfun 3.1
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The biggest dripper you have!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This is the most powerful mod that Vapelier has ever tested, it's the most powerful mod I've ever had in my hands!
Everything in this mod is of the order of superlatives, everything is out of the ordinary!
The chipset, the autonomy, the power, but also the weight and the clutter ...
The quality is palpable, the motherboard is a jewel (and I know what I'm talking about believe me).
You can not blame him for the price, it's worth every penny you'll spend on it, and icing on the cake, in 18 months, maybe Texas or someone else will have another chipset, but waiting for the SMY will always be relevant!
Do I recommend this mod? Yes without hesitation.
Do I recommend this mod to a beginner? No way ! Admire it as a young driver watches a Lamborghini, but do not touch it until you really know what you are doing.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.