- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Sunny smoker
- Price of the tested product: 30 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment. (Skarabäus)
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 45 watts
- Maximum voltage: 10
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Innokin, which is no longer present, offers us a small set-up compact, focused primo-vapers and intermediates, at a very competitive price.
Once again, the quality and finish of this Smartbox are waiting for you. A featherweight of 118gr with a battery and 163gr complete with the atomizer. Simplicity of childish use because we will find only one button to be able to operate it.
The model comes in five colors: Silver, Black, Purple, Red, Blue.
It is an Isub 5 clearomizer that comes with the box.
The Smartbox is delivered without battery, you will need to purchase it in addition. The box does not have a USB port either, which means that the battery must be recharged via an external charger, which is no worse for increased longevity.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 41
- Product Length or Height in mms: 71
- Product weight in grams: 118
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Given its price, we can not be too demanding. But there, this box is of good quality.
No headaches for settings because there is no ^ ^. Its small size will seduce more than one. Indeed, it is super compact with a height of 115 mm with the tank on, a width of 41 mm for a thickness of 22 mm.
The mod is not sensitive to fingerprints, at least for the test model because it is Silver.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Short circuit protection from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The chipset will automatically regulate the power according to the resistance used. It will deliver a maximum power of 45 W using a resistance of 0,35 Ω. One button on this box, it will be used to turn on / off the mod and serve as fire button, that's all.
The fire button contains an LED that will change color depending on the remaining charge level. Green = full charge. Yellow: load halfway. Red: we arrive at the end of charge. I notice that the brightness of the LED is weak, not easy to see.
The switch is made of brass and its thread is of good quality. It should hold well when screwing / unscrewing the clearomizer.
The bottom cap of the battery is of average quality, especially at the thread. Attention in case of fall or blow on this one, it is likely to deform. There are still three degassing holes.
The atomizer, it is stainless steel, a height of 45 mm for a diameter of 22 mm. An adjustable airflow will allow to have a tight draw that will suit for beginners and aerial that will suit more to intermediates / confirmed ones.
Its capacity is 2 ml, its filling is easily done from the top. There is no need to close the airflow for filling as the liquid flows close when the top-cap is unscrewed. A PG / VG ratio of 50 / 50 will be comfortable for this clearomizer for optimal use.
The change of the resistance is carried out from below, it will be enough for you to unscrew the base to be able to proceed to its withdrawal.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Packaging at the top for a product of this price. A beautiful box of sober cardboard of white color and black style box. The box is in a small preformed rigid foam compartment and the clearomizer and spares (spare parts) which are not left behind.
You will find besides the box and the clearomiser:
- 1 resistance in additional 0,5 Ω, one being already in place on the clearo
- 1 resistance in 1,2 Ω
- 1 vape band
- Replacement seals for the clearomizer
- 1 flat drip-tip.
The two additional resistors are packaged separately.
No manual for this model, it's a pity. Even if there is only one button, it would have been good for the charging indicator or the sense of the battery. For the clearomiser, it would not have been luxury either, despite its simplicity.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
No particular problem encountered over the use. 12 days of testing for this product, no heating found using the mod or any other problem for that matter. The power delivered is the same from beginning to end, it's pretty good.
For the tank, also RAS, not a single leak or even a seep to use. I did not have a rise of liquid either with the flat or round drip-tip.
The mod works with a single 18650 type battery, the securities are:
- Reverse polarity protection
- 15 seconds of pressing the fire button and the cut mod
- Low voltage
- Short circuit / Atomizer protection
- Battery capacity thanks to the LED on the fire button
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? In sub-ohm assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? with the one provided
- Description of the test configuration used: Smartbox with its clearomizer
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Smartbox with its clearomizer
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It's a nice little set-up to discover the electronic cigarette.
A maximum power of 45 W will be delivered according to the resistance used. Its ease of use is all that is simplest. One button to do everything, it's not great? Not to have to say to oneself "wait, am I with the good power for my resistance"? No, that nenni, the box takes care of it for you. A pleasant autonomy with the resistance in 0,5Ω, for me it lasted the day. This is not negligible as a detail.
Its clearomizer has a correct flavor rendering. The draw is suitable, from tight to airy. With a liquid in 50 / 50 of ratio PG / VG, the vapor will be dense and its volume more than suitable. A good little set-up to recommend.
Good vape, Fredo
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.