- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Happesmoke
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 210W
- Maximum voltage: 8.4V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Skystar Revvo, originally, was entrusted to me as a kit including this box and the Revvo Tank clearomizer. I preferred to do a complete review for each of them since they are also sold separately.
From the opening of the pack, I first see the box and there ... Wow! I am delighted to test this product with a refined, refined look that can be perfect for both a woman and a man. Whether you are young or old, it is a boilerplate style that exudes a terrible charm. I take it in hand and I realize that it is also very light. That's it, I crack. Forcibly, carbon fiber, this Skystar does not weigh heavy but in addition its size remains in a size compact enough for a double box battery. So much for the external aspect, but what about the rest?
The screen offers great visibility and a lot of information but the surprise is the touch. A screen that obeys fingers with precise coding that requires particular movements that we will detail further in the use. Therefore, this Skystar does not have physical adjustment buttons.
The chipset offers many possibilities with maximum power of 210W, temperature control, By-Pass system, CPS, not to mention the display of vape time, date, time, brightness of the screen and I certainly forget it.
The resistance value is between 0.1 and 5Ω. The top-cap offers an all-steel 510 connection in a center plate that can accept atomizers up to 25mm in diameter.
All security is assured and protection systems are integrated to limit the risk of incidents or damage to the equipment. Charging via micro-USB port is possible.
This product comes in several colors. Depending on the shop, more or less choice will be offered but always in the chic and subtlety. In short a beautiful who knows how to seduce as much by its physical aspect as by the proposed capabilities.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 30 x 48 (25mm for the maximum diameter of the atomizer)
- Product Length or Height in mm: 90
- Product weight in grams: 204
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the front near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of UI Buttons: Touch
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Skystar is in my opinion, beautifully drawn. In an anthracite gray and black color, it offers an oblique checkered pattern that blends superbly with the silver stripes on each profile of the box, as on the top-cap with the stainless steel turntable.
It offers a rare comfort in the grip. Her rounded curves have been accentuated on the upper part of the box and, her perimeter is not huge, she easily holds in a female hand that can encompass her in her palm.
So the switch on the front is as easy to handle as if it was on the side of the mod.
The body is carbon fiber, which makes the box quite light but necessarily more fragile than the metal. However, it seems to me that for its usefulness, that is enough.
The battery access hatch is held by two magnets which are very efficient. The opening and closing of this part are really simple by sliding the tip of the nail, (yes it takes a few nails for it) in the slot on the bottom of this door.
The brass pin is spring mounted, it is centered on the top cap to make the most of the room for the atomizer. Even if the width of the Skystar is 30mm, considering the convex shape for the front and rear face, the diameter of 25mm for the ato will be a maximum and it is already not bad.
The rectangular switch takes the full width of this rectangle and, although imposing, remains discreet and fully integrated into the facade, nothing exceeds. The USB port, meanwhile, is classic on the bottom center of the same rectangle. The screen is bright and provides a lot of information. Yet each of them is highlighted by a controlled organization and a well chosen format.
There is no adjustment button since the screen is touch. So does it work properly? A priori yes! Obviously, the operation and sensitivity are not those of a phone, sometimes it is necessary to resume the manipulation a second time to get to its menu but do not forget that the dimensions of a smartphone screen and those of the Skystar Revvo are not really comparable. But we always manage to access what we want.
Now, with regard to reliability over time, it's like everything, I do not have the necessary perspective to say more. No particular anomaly found in any case.
A nice product, well in place, with a quality more than satisfactory.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Adjustment of the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The main characteristics of the Switcher are:
- A completely androgynous look, a contemporary style that is suitable for all ages and a choice of color to purchase that does not change the design of the product.
- A fast charging system, 2A max via the micro-USB port.
- Easy menu navigation and possibilities such as:
The resistance lock, the adjustment of the brightness of the screen, the clock function that appears when the box is paused and which comes in two different formats to be defined between the clock needle or digital format including the date and time setting of the standby according to the inactivity and the display of the duration of a puff.
The different modes of vape:
- Power mode (High, Soft, Normal or CCW)
- Voltage mode
- Temperature control mode (Ni, SS, Ti)
- By-pass mode
- CPS mode (C1, C2 and C3)
Against short circuits, chipset overheating, voltage drop, resistance too low, battery low and more.
The Skystar is a powerful chipset that manages this box with maximum security, it offers several modes of vape with adjustments to adjust. Some functions are simple, others more complex to master. Be careful, however, because with a power of 210W maxi it needs to be equipped with two 18650 batteries that require a high discharge current greater than or equal to 25A.
Appreciations of the conditioning.
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is complete. In a thick cardboard box, there is the box with its micro-USB cable. There is also a notice and a certificate of authenticity.
Under the box, you will find the part for the atomizer, the Revvo Tank, for those who have opted for the Kit.
A complete packaging that perfectly matches the price range offered.
I regret that the record is also poor information for the box, with a minimum of information and what is more, in English only.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Skystar Revvo offers a beautiful clear screen with all the necessary information, organized in a homogeneous way with a different format for each information so that they are well separated from each other. Not only are the information easy to read but they are also hierarchized effectively.
Thus its use is very simple by following the reading of the screen.
To turn on / off, like other boxes, you must quickly press the switch five times. On the other hand, the switch lock is not possible. By pressing three times, the screen turns off but the box still works, which saves energy. The extinction (or reactivation) of the screen can also be done by typing three times with the finger on this touch screen.
Access to the menu is by sliding your finger twice, from top to bottom. Then just be guided by the information on the screen that offers five options:
- Modes: that offers five possibilities between a vape in Watt (power), in Volt with the display of the tension, the by-pass allows a vape like a mod méca, the TC for the control of temperature and finally the CPS which allows adjust your vape in half a second and spread over ten seconds maximum.
In TC (temperature control), three possibilities are available to you with nickel (Ni), titanium (Ti) or stainless steel (SS).
In CPS, three memorizations are possible (C1, C2, C3).
To make your choice, simply press the selected mode.
In case of error, to return to the previous proposals, simply slide your finger once from left to right.
In order to adjust the box to your vape and choose the power (or voltage or temperature), you have to slide your finger twice from the bottom to the top, so you access the settings.
- Data: Data gives you direct access to either the Hard - Norm - Soft option, TC or CPS.
- System proposes the following settings:
- Vape time
- Screen time
- Watch time
- T allows you to set the date and time digitally, analogically or completely off.
- About shows you the QRcode of the box with its name and version.
The Skystar automatically pauses according to the time you have previously chosen, you can quit "rearm" the screen by tapping it three times with your finger.
I really enjoyed viewing the time of each of my puffs which personally is between two and six seconds. So this allows me to adjust the CPS in a more precise and personal way for each of my puffs with a very generous possibility up to ten seconds.
Although the possibilities are eclectic, the box itself is quite simple to handle.
For the accuracy of power and responsiveness, everything is perfect, this chipset works perfectly up to 210W offered and insured. But at this power bumper, like most boxs, it heats a little and discharges very quickly.
For touch, I remain reluctant even if I know that my opinion is not very objective. I have nothing significant to reproach him, but I remain skeptical about these long-term tactile manipulations with no return possibilities for the moment.
In summary, easy to use, there are very few movements to know:
Swipe twice up and down to access the menu.
Slide your finger twice up and down to adjust the + and -.
Slide your finger once from left to right to go back.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All atomizers having a width of 25mm maxi
- Description of the test configuration used: The one supplied in the kit but also with various atomizers
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Kit configuration
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I really fell in love with this Skystar Revvo, the white carbon fiber version is sublime and more like a pretty feminine product. While in black, the mod is rather "go-anywhere" for a man, whether young or not.
The touch works well but sometimes remains reluctant and does not react as perfectly as a smartphone, its operation in the long term is not yet known. The switch reacts well, the ergonomics with this template is really comfortable and the chipset is powerful.
The quality is good even if the carbon fiber seems a little fragile, however it allows this product to maintain a lightness uncommon for a double box battery with a power greater than 200W.
Those who use the CPS will really appreciate the visualization of the puff time on the screen to adjust their setting.
I also welcome the organization of information that makes reading clear and easy at a glance.
Refined and full of charm while maintaining a clean style, the androgyny of the Skystar is perfect and only one color of the coating to match perfectly to the sex of the one or who chooses.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.