- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: HappeSmoke
- Price of the tested product: 49.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200W
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1 (VW) - 0,05 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Sinuous FJ200 succeeds the Sinuous 80, with a look in the same style and proprietary batteries.
With a power of 200W, it offers several modes of operation. The most conventional mode, in variable power, accepts starting resistances of 0.1Ω up to 3,5Ω. The temperature control mode keeps the values common to most boxes with a range of variation that oscillates between 100 and 315 ° C for a very low starting resistance at 0.05Ω up to 1,5Ω. The TCR mode will allow you to choose and adjust your vape by setting the temperature coefficient of your resistive.
There is no need for extra batteries, because the Sinuous FJ200 incorporates a battery of 4500mAh with an output current of 50A max. Suffice to say that it will be able to provide a good power and an important autonomy of vape.
Charging the built-in rechargeable batteries is via a micro USB cable provided, as is the firmware update. The OLED screen is masterful, it has a high visibility on a diagonal 1,3 inch, which gives the information in a larger format than the majority of boxes. The switch is positioned on one of the side slices to facilitate pressure.
What is surprising is the size of this Sinuous since it remains very compact and ergonomic to accept atomizers of good diameter, up to 25mm, centered on the box
All safety features are ensured and innovative temperature protection systems are integrated to limit the risk of equipment failure or degradation.
This product comes in several colors: red, blue, black and bronze.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 28 x 44 (25 for the maximum diameter of the atomizer)
- Product Length or Height in mm: 81
- Product weight in grams: 262
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decorative style: Classic, Geometric
- Quality of decoration: Excellent
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of interface button (s): Medium with fine lines
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Sinuous FJ200 is compact and ergonomic, it fits easily in the palm of the hand and brings a very significant comfort with its rounded shapes and beveled corners. This box is all black, aluminum, the body is married with side plates brushed steel colors engraved for an aggressive effect, one of which acts as a switch.
No screws are visible, if not only under the mod near 10 degassing holes.
The brass pin is spring mounted, it is centered on the top cap to make the most of the room for the atomizer.
On the front, the OLED screen is also centered, its size is appreciable since the visibility of the information is given on a space of 20mm x 37mm (1,3 inch).
Under this screen, two kinds of open hooks face each other. These are the adjustment buttons perfectly integrated into the body of the box, they do not exceed a hair. It is original but not always very practical, the advantage is that there is little risk that they are operated unexpectedly, the disadvantage is that it is better to have nails.
Just below these buttons, the opening to insert the micro USB cable to recharge the box or update its firmware.
The switch is, meanwhile, really practical. Concealed on the upper part of the side block, it is perfectly invisible and extremely easy to operate, in an instinctive movement of tightening when one has the box in hand.
The bottom of the box conceals, among its 10 ventilation holes, a hole intended for the reset of the module. It is slightly offset from others and can be operated with a fine tool (a toothpick should be suitable).
On this Sinuous, everything is proportionate, centered, balanced, it is in geometric forms frank and well drawn that the aesthetic balance has imposed itself. A nice product, which is more powerful, to perfect its ideal vape.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the voltage of vape course, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Release of 2 A
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of the Sinuous FJ200 is primarily a beautiful geometric aesthetic with a reasonable weight and size, but it is above all the competitiveness of a powerful chipset that manages this box with maximum security dedicated to the limits of temperature, both on the chipset and on the batteries or the atomizer.
Its battery has characteristics equal and even superior to 18650 batteries on the market, it rivals 26650 batteries but keeps a compact size.
The modes of vape : They are standard with a variable power mode from 1 to 200W that is used in kanthal with a threshold resistor at 0.1Ω. A temperature control mode, from 100 to 300 ° C (or 200 to 600 ° F), with resistive Ni200, SS316, titanium, SS304 and TCR where it will be necessary to implement the coefficient of the resistive used. The threshold resistor will be 0.05Ω in this mode.
The display of the screen: The display gives all the necessary indications, the power you have set or the temperature display if you are in TC mode, the battery indicator for its charge status, the display of the voltage supplied to the display. atomizer when we vape and of course the value of your resistance and the number of puffs performed.
The different functions : Locked (Key Lock) so that the box does not go into a bag, it inhibits the setting buttons.
Stealth mode allows you to disable the screen.
Rotating the display, you can change the direction of the screen display to 180 °.
The resistance lock (Resistance lock) keeps a stable value of it when cold.
Preheating : In temperature control, Preheat allows you to have a time frame that preheats your resistance so as not to burn the capillary.
Detection of a new atomizer : This box detects the change of atomizer, it is imperative therefore to always place atomizers with resistance at room temperature.
Error messages and detection:
No atomizer found: do not detect the atomizer
Atomizer low: the value of the resistance is too low
Atomizer short: short circuit with atomizer
Device too hot: the internal temperature of the device is higher than 70 ° C
Temp protect: in CT mode, it is the limit set and reached by the resistance
Weak battery: the battery voltage has reached 2.9V, you have to recharge
Check USB adapter: When the charger voltage is equal to or greater than 5.8V
Load error: no current is detected
It is also possible to adjust the suction time with press on the switch between 5 and 15 seconds, the time passed, the box turns off completely.
recharge function : It allows to recharge the battery without removing it from its housing, thanks to the USB cable connected to the PC. It also allows you to update your chipset.
other: Whatever the resistive wire used, as long as the resistance value is greater than 1.5Ω, your Sinuous will necessarily switch to power mode.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
In a black cardboard box, the box is set in a velvet foam.
One floor below is a micro USB cable and instructions for use in several languages.
A packaging quite suitable for this product in its price range.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This Sinuous FJ200, with its proprietary chipset, works perfectly well. She is very responsive in providing maximum power of 200W without flinching and without heating. Its use is simple but still requires an adaptation.
We are in the lineage of DNA, with a vape felt and functions quite similar
The only big flaw I will have to deal with will be the settings buttons. Their shape remains original and fully integrates the rather graphic look of the box but the fineness of the features requires to have a minimum of fingernails to handle them.
The switch is pretty well damn, no visibility on a button, but a reactive and intuitive fire on the upper side, when the box in hand.
I was very surprised not to find automatic standby, especially with such a powerful product. Wismec has however thought about this, since it is possible to limit the support time on the sidebar between 5 and 15 seconds.
So I have set several positions and tested them: the extended support actually holds the time defined beforehand, except for 5 seconds, or the box sometimes turns off and turns off after 3 seconds of support. A detail without doubt that does not affect its use.
I will not define the procedures for each step because the record is extremely well done and lists all the manipulations accurately and in several languages. However, searches for each function may seem complex initially as there is but, over the course of manipulations, we end up getting used to find what we want. So, with practice, it will seem simpler.
I can not say if this box will retain the same autonomy as its beginnings over time, but I remain quite amazed on the longevity of the batteries. Although this battery is proprietary, it is totally tuned to a sub-ohm vape with exotic fixtures or a daily vape that will keep the day recharged at night.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all atomizers having a width of 25mm maxi
- Description of the test configuration used: in subohm with exotic coil at 0.15ohm and Ni200 with CT
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Wismec goes strong with the Sinuous FJ200. For a very affordable price, we have a box ready to use, with built-in battery, which provides a big power for a daily vape or exotic sub-ohm.
Ergonomics and style have been neat, combining straight and rounded geometric shapes to offset the power and smoothness of its well-fitting vape.
This accuracy is due to a proprietary chipset with many functions, which renders a vape close to the DNA to be mistaken, with as many possibilities apart from the customization functions, less present.
Features like security are perfect, nothing has been forgotten. You can access the simplest or most complex using easy manipulations that still require a time of adaptation to understand all the subtleties.
A superb product, all in one, which is suitable for both beginners and seasoned, with all possibilities of vape possible through the various modes available. A product that deserves a Top Mod!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.