- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Le petit vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 99.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 15 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 1.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Silenus is a beautiful round-shaped model of the Opinel® type, made of stainless steel with a thickness of 2mm rosewood coating.
It is a very beautiful object with an extremely simple setting.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 27
- Product Length or Height in mms: 143
- Product weight in grams: 205
- Material used for the product: Stainless steel, Wood
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Opinel style
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 3 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Magnetic mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Rotating Metal Adjustment Ring
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It is undeniable, the Silenus is a quality product.
Stainless steel goes very well with rosewood. The style of decoration of this mod is assimilated or look "Opinel ®" by its color and its rounded and generous shape, I would say almost warm.
The switch is mounted on leds barely visible in broad daylight but in the dark, they are well distinguished and they can be blue or white.
As for the bottom cap and top cap, they are spring loaded and adapt to any type of atomizer
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, protection against the reversal of polarity accumulators, display of the current vape voltage, display of the power of the vape in progress, fixed protection against the Overheating of the atomizer resistors, Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes technically it is able, but it is not recommended by the manufacturer
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The use of Silenus is really simple:
In 5 clicks, it is turned on or off.
In 3 clicks, we change the voltage mode and the power mode (the LED lights up in white in voltage mode, and in blue in power mode).
For the rotating ring, the chosen voltage or power is placed in front of the red dot. It adjusts the voltage between 3.6V, 4V, 4.4V, 4.8V or 6 volts in voltage mode, or 6W, 8W, 10W, 12W or 15 watts in power mode.
The 510 / eGo connector allows you to use any type of atomizer, since it comes with two tops cap. One can adapt to atomizers type reconstructible for example, the other clearomizers with eGo threading (example the CE4 ...).
It is protected against overheating and short circuits.
It goes out when the voltage drops below the 3.3v and does not accept the resistances under 1.2 ohms.
The top cap and the bottom cap are spring mounted and allow to adapt all atomizers and accumulators (flat top or nipples)
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
I found the correct packaging, the mod is well protected in its box. Too bad, however, that the notice is not translated into French.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The template of this mod is quite impressive. In small hands, it looks impressive but it is adopted very quickly. However, it is rather an object of vape made for the house, comfortably installed in its armchair.
This mod allows a vape of pleasant comfort but it is impossible to make too much follies with since it is limited in power and also by the value of the resistance. But on the other hand, your accumulators will last longer ... 😉
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? To avoid making a baton, it would be better to use a short atomizer
- Description of the test configuration used: With the Orchid / bell at 1.8 ohms
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A Kayfun with a nano kit would be suitable for a harmonious ensemble
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Silenus is an elegant and massive mod at a time. With its graceful form, it is distinguished.
Its use is extremely simple but limited. It is not a warrior, but rather an object of comfort that allows a generous, constant and classy vape.
Although this mod works perfectly well, I have a regretted its size out of standard. I have not used the first two powers (namely 6 and 8 Watts), I regret this limitation to 15 watts which seems to me too fair, both in terms of the price range and the level of current performance, but c is all I can blame him.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.