- Sponsor who loaned the product for the review: Cigservice (https://www.facebook.com/cigservice)
- Price of the tested product: 49.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics AND mechanics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A nice little box very compact with simple but effective features. Its biggest assets are: its size, price and quality compared to its performance.
A particular function makes it possible to operate this box either as an electronic mod or as a mechanical mod. And believe me, it works!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 22 x 36
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90.3
- Product weight in grams: 180
- Material composing the product: Alloy Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 4 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
A size and a weight minimized which allow to bring this box everywhere thanks to its banal rectangular form but very functional.
Good quality spaced interface buttons, without any game, with a relatively clear OLED screen.
The aluminum alloy used does not retain fingerprints but remains fragile to scratches, as is the platinum glossy finish, which will inevitably scratch in a circular manner, by the base of the atomizer, a little more each screwing .
The spring-mounted copper pin makes the fixture perfectly flush with the atomizer and offers good conductivity.
For the design, two colors are available: black or aluminum.
- Chipset type used: YH SX130
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Chipset used by this box has the singular characteristic of moving from a type of electronic mode with a regulated power supply (PWM) to that of mechanical (DC-DC). Thus, bypassing the chip, it allows you to use it while maintaining security, resistances sub-ohm up to 0.3 ohm.
The power is adjustable from 5 to 30 Watts, which gives us a wide margin of vape between "cushy" and sub-ohm, with a maximum output voltage of 8.5 volts.
It is also endowed with several protections, basic but certainly effective against short circuits, the reversal of polarity of the resistance and the resistances lower than 0.3 Ω
A preset function in memory is possible to program in advance five different powers. In five clicks, on the Switch, we turn on or off the box.
This model has a micro USB port under the device to recharge the battery without removing it, however be careful because the charge requires 1 amp.
The battery compartment is easily accessible thanks to four small magnets that secure the housing for closing. An extremely practical and efficient system. In addition, the lid has three holes to dissipate heat.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
An almost perfect packaging for this product line which includes a small banner for the guarantee, an explanatory manual very complete (English / Chinese), a USB cable, a silicone case perfectly effective and well adapted and all in one cardboard box strong enough to protect the product.
I love this non-slip silicone case, soft and wonderfully well designed for the Sigelei mini 30.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
I quickly adapted to all the features of this box, ultimately very simple, with a basic screen simple, clear and without unnecessary information.
The PWM-regulated function makes a steam smooth and continuous, one is in a "controlled" vape and a constant rendering. On the other hand, on the DC-DC function, you can feel a more powerful steam which normally runs out of steam as you use it depending on the battery charge. This second function works exactly like a mechanical mod and is therefore a little more battery-consuming than the PWM-regulated function.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A clearomizer in sub-ohm would be an ideal
- Description of the test configuration used: subtank clearomizer in 0.5 Ω and V2 origen in 1 Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is no ideal configuration for this product, except to use an atomizer with a maximum diameter of 22mm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Although all types and models of 22mm diameter atomizers can easily work with the Sigelei mini 30, a sub-ohm Clearomizer would be ideal for this product.
Adept of mechanical mods, I appreciated this change PWM / DC-DC with a rebuildable. Go find out why? We surely keep the habits with which we were raised (laughs)
To summarize this box: basic, practical, effective, efficient and some additional assets, it is ideal for a regular vape daily.
A product that I particularly liked and that will certainly appeal to the female in search of regulated vape powerful enough for a sub-ohm clearomizer and without having to hold in their hand a kind of doorway.
The autonomy remains quite correct but falls rather quickly in sub-ohm mode DC-DC (mechanical).
Looking forward to reading you
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.