- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 66.59 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment. (Skarabäus)
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.6
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A midrange, unregulated electronic mod that must behave like a mecha! Do not look for a fire button, it is operated using a sensitive area and it is this point that is the originality of this tubular mod. A good idea on paper, but concretely what gives what?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 113
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Touch
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Average
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first sight this mod seems quite correct. The design is not unpleasant, even if it lacks originality and gives off a certain coldness. Stainless steel seems of honorable quality. The threads are a bit crunchy. No button but a ring sensitive area around the mod a good centimeter wide. This area is very reactive, maybe a bit too much. Where the mod is a retrograde hair is on the 510 pin. The pitch is of medium quality, the pin is fixed and the system chosen to ensure the air flow makes no ato will flush. Finally I will say that it is a bit long compared to mechanical mods in 18650 format.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Bad, there is a big difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This mod as I pointed out in the introduction proposes an innovation in its mode of activation. No button but a sensitive area. You'll tap 5 once to get it started or to stop it, which is pretty cool. Once on the road just touch the area, and shoot. Short-circuit protection provides reassuring security for beginners wishing to test the mecha. It could mean that we have a very interesting product. Alas! there is a big quack. This mod does not send anything, well, if it sends a power of about 8 or 9 watts. It's puzzling, we get the impression that the electronic module pumps a big part of the power. What a disappointment!, It seems that the designers have all focused on the sensitive part and have completely forgotten the primary function of this object: vaper.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The material arrives in a simple but correct box, black with a transparent window that shows the mod. No manual, but brief instructions in French on the back of the box. It's a little light but we saw worse.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
I will not really talk about erratic behavior, but rather a capture of power by the electronic module.
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The product is easy to use, transportation is possible without worry. Changing the battery is not a problem. I do not see any particular difficulties.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? I would say all
- Description of the test configuration used: origen genesis v2 single coil 0,6 ohm, taifun GT 1,2 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I do not see what to say so much the power is low a t2 can be
was the product liked by the reviewer: No
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 2.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I must say that I am the initiative of this test, indeed, this sensitive switch had sharpened my curiosity. But curiosity is a bad thing and I paid the price.
The mod itself is nice, and this sensitive activation works very well, these are the only good points on this test.
First bug: the pine and its air intake system that prevents flush mounting.
Second point improvable: the size of the sensitive zone. It is too big, you risk firing all the time, of course there is the lock, but hey, lock the mod every second 5 is a bit heavy, I do not exaggerate, if you keep in hand between two puffs and you are like me a little distracted, you will fire involuntarily every time.
Main black point finally, the power. The mod sends that slab, even a simple ego sends more, it's catastrophic. There I do not understand, to believe that the manufacturer has forgotten to test the vape he produced. It's really super disappointing.
In conclusion I will say go your way and wait for a hypothetical version 2 (I have no information on this point it's a guess), it's a shame, the idea was good but the designers have forgotten a parameter in their equation : we vapers.
Thanks to Evaps for this loan.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.