- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 36 to 70 euros)
- Atomizer Type: Single-chamber Dripper
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil, Reconstructible Classic Temperature Controlled, Rebuildable Micro Coil with Temperature Control
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
It's once again on the west coast of the United States that our pursuit of big clouds takes us.
Ampus is a young company from Los Angeles and Screwless is their first creation.
Here is a dripper for thick haze fans. Its main specificity is, as its name suggests, the absence of screws. So we will obviously have an alternative system to the good old screw to maintain our coils. I say "our" because you can install two good big coils on the board.
Designed in the States but made in China, it is by doing so that we find ourselves on a mid-range product by lowering production costs.
Let's see this first dripper made by Ampus.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25
- Length or height of the product in mm as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 36
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 70
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Delrin
- Form Factor Type: Igo L / W
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 4
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 3
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-ring positions: Drip-Tip connection, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 1
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
To start, let's talk a bit about his measurements. 25 mm diameter, 28 mm high off drip-tip and 36mm with. A typical profile "firearm". With its ogive drip-tip, its tilted and grooved top-cap, we find many small aesthetic elements from this universe.
The barrel is pierced from one end to the other by a lightning bolt. This coquetry is one of the components of the air supply of the coils. On the same line, there is an engraving of the logo and the name of the brand. At the base, below each flash, we find the second component of the airflow system, a large skylight.
The overall look is rather nice. Without really getting out of the ordinary, he stays completely fit.
Stainless steel, delrin, gold-plated parts, the choice of materials and the machining seem quite in line with the tariff positioning.
No screws of course, O-rings of good quality, everything is very satisfactory. The holding of the pieces between them is perfect. The maintenance is sufficient but also allows easy disassembly.
Finally, a word on the board that offers plenty of room for your most extravagant montages. The tank is about 4mm deep. So we do not have a huge reserve but it is still correct.
A serious product that fits perfectly in its commercial category.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment, the assembly will flush in all cases
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mm maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
- Minimum diameter in mm of the air regulation possible: 0.2
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
A large plateau on which we find two rather large poles gold plated.
The coils are held in place by spring clamps that are operated very easily.
A plastic tool is also provided to allow to operate both simultaneously. The posts can accommodate threads of fairly large diameters.
The airholes are very generous. The first system will feed the coils from below thanks to the two rectangular dormers. Then, the second sends air on the side of the coil with two lightning. You can influence the air supply, but you can never get out of the vape by direct inhalation.
The 510 pin is adjustable through a screw.
Simply put, a double coil dripper equipped with a quick fastening system and with a generous airflow, in short a steam plant!
- Type of attachment of the drip-tip: Owner only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the drip-tip present: Very good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
A pretty drip-tip. I think it perfectly complements the look of our dripper.
As I say above, it is an interrupted warhead dressed with notches, a little like the barrel of a revolver. Its diameter is quite large, 11mm, delrin thick enough, which protects our "delicate lips" heat released by the coils.
Anyway, this drip-tip I like and fits perfectly with the Screwless.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our beautiful dripper arrives in a scholarship in suede species doubled satin way.
This conditioning is rather nice and flattering to the eye so we will rather linger on two or three small failures.
First, no instructions, make do you! Okay, this type of product is for veteran vapers but we should not lose sight of that a beginner can very well buy it too and he will be quite helpless in the face of the deafening silence in terms of information.
Second, the bag of spares contains only seals and the small plastic tool. No BF pin, no 510 adapter for drip-tip, no other drip-tip, in short ... the bare minimum. When compared with Vandy Vape or Geekvape for example, Ampus seems to sink into greed ...
It's a shame especially for a product that is at least 20 30 euros above 100% Chinese drippers.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Filling facilities: Easy, even standing in the street
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The system of clamps on springs (fast assembly) is practical and easy to use. Just make sure that the legs of your coils are straight to cross without worry and do not create "imbalance" at the mounting hole.
As for the filling, it's a dripper ... so no particular problem ...
The adjustment of the lateral airflow is done very simply by turning what I will call top-cap. I specify that the low openings, they, do not settle.
The flavors are up and our dripper is placed without any harm at the same level as industry standards.
The tank is of a size that I will qualify as normal but the fillings will be numerous and repeated in view of the type of vape that we practice with this kind of atomizer.
I have no info regarding a possible BF pin. At first glance, I think the option must be feasible, business to follow.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? A good double mate preferably (parallel or serie is you who see) or a good mod electro pretty powerful
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: Double clapton coil assembly at 0.40 on 18650 double mecanic box in series
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I like mine
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
For a first, we can say that Ampus is doing very well.
An American dripper to make big clouds, we will say that on this point our friends from across the Atlantic know how to do it. It's a bit like cars, if it must be big and smoke and noise, no worries, Uncle Sam is there.
The Screwless stands out a bit from the pack thanks to its quick and easy fastening system, without tools. A system that keeps all its promises provided you use coils with perfectly straight legs.
Add to that a look and a very good manufacturing quality given the tariff positioning and you have a very competitive dripper that manages without difficulty to climb to the level of the best.
If, finally, I tell you that indeed, it sends sacred clouds and the flavors are well to go, so we have here a top indisputable ato.
Only downside: incomplete packaging. So, Mr Ampus, a little effort on this point and, for the rest, continue like this.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.