- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Phileas cloud
- Price of the tested product: 119 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohm of resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
SBody Macro Dna 75 produced by S-Body is equipped with a powerful chipset produced by Evolv. No need to boast the merits of this module that invades the many boxes of the market.
Very small, this mini box is one of the lightest that embeds an 18650 battery. It can provide a maximum power of 75W and exists in several colors.
Its rectangular shape, its very clean look and small size gives it a nice look, but it is especially its transport that is significant, both in weight and size.
Its features are various with the classic mode or temperature control mode, but its use still requires a certain time of adaptation for those who do not yet know the DNA 75
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 24
- Product Length or Height in mms: 75
- Product weight in grams: 77
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Gold
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
SBody Macro DNA 75 is made of aluminum, it has an anodized silver coating (for my test) that remains sensitive to scratches, but does not mark fingerprints. The width of 24mm this box is a little misleading because the rounded edges, only allows to adapt the maximum atomizers, 23mm, beyond it exceeds and aesthetically it is not very pretty.
It is small and very light and it is a great advantage for people who want to move without clutter, or those looking for a lightweight product to handle.
The buttons are impeccable and do not exceed the size of the box thanks to a curved profile for the switch and adjustment knobs that unlike the Sbody macro DNA 40 are no longer plastic but metal. A wise choice and more becoming.
The screen is on one of the wide sides near the top cap. Perfectly readable, it displays information in a clear and orderly way.
The cover for the insertion of the battery is held by two rectangular magnets, an improvement over the DNA 40 which had two mini round magnets. A lug has been added for a much better fit, so that the hood opens by steaming.
The overall assembly of SBody Macro dna 75 has been carefully revised on some contentious points of his little sister. The gold-plated sprung pin has been retained for reliable contact over time, but the 510 connection remains in stainless steel for the hardness of the material and its wear resistance at the thread.
No aeration is provided in case of overheating or degassing of the battery and it is a shame, because it is the only small defect that I would have to make him.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The first feature of the Sbody Macro DNA75 is its size and weight, because its ergonomics give it a significant comfort for small hands. The autonomy of your box is managed by a DNA 75 chipset, it will depend on your use according to the power, but it is not very greedy and remains average, like most boxes having a single battery between ½ day to a day , on an average power of 20W. These features are inherent to this beautiful module that offers many possibilities:
The modes of vape : They are standard with a power mode from 1 to 75W which is used in kanthal with a threshold resistance of 0.25Ω and a temperature control mode from 100 to 300 ° C (or 200 to 600 ° F) with resistive Ni200, SS316, titanium, SS304 and TCR which will include the heating coefficient of the resistive used. The threshold resistance will be 0.15Ω in temperature control mode. Be careful when using batteries that provide at least 25A.
Screen display : The display gives all the necessary indications, the power you have set or the temperature display if you are in TC mode, the battery indicator for its charge status, the display of the voltage supplied to the user. Atomizer when we vape and of course, the value of your resistance.
The different modes : You can use different modes depending on the circumstances or needs, so the DNA 75 offers locked mode (Locked mode) to not that the box is triggered in a bag, it inhibits the switch. Stealth mode allows you to turn off the screen. The locked locked mode (Power locked mode) to prevent the value of the power or the temperature from going out of order unexpectedly. The resistance lock (Resistance lock), which keeps a stable value of the latter when cold. And finally the setting of the maximum temperature (Max temperature adjust) allows you to record the maximum temperature you want to apply.
Preheating: In temperature control, Preheat, allows you to set a time and a power that preheats your resistance when it is composed (multi-strand) and lager before heating. The preheat correctly set, will remove this lag.
Detection of a new atomizer : This box detects the change of atomizer, it is imperative therefore to always place atomizers with resistance at room temperature (cold).
The profiles: It is also possible to create 8 different profiles with prerecorded power or temperature to use a different atomizer, depending on the resistive wire used or its resistive value, without the need to set each time your box.
Error messages: Check Atomiser (Check atomizer) Weak battery (small battery) Check Battery (Check battery), Temperature protected (protected temperature) Ohms too high (Ohms too high), Ohms too Low (Ohms too low), Too hot ( Too hot).
The screen saver: automatically switch off the screen after 30 seconds (configurable)
recharge function : It allows to recharge the battery without removing it from its housing, thanks to the USB cable connected to the PC.
It also allows you to connect to the Evolv site to customize your box, and / or the dedicated software: Escribe with which you can set everything.
detections and protections :
- No resistance
- Protects from short circuits
- Signals when the battery is low
- Protects deep discharges
- Cut in case of excessive heating of the chipset
- Prevents if the resistance is too high or too low
- Cut in case of resistance temperature too high
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is not at all up to its price and it is very unfortunate.
It is rather made for a mid-range product. In a white rigid cardboard box, sits the DNA75 Sbody Macro lying on white velvet foam, under which is the cable for reloading and the instructions.
The notice is only in two languages, English / Chinese and remains approximate. Many features are not fully detailed.
It is a product that deserves a more thorough notice.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use you use a DNA75 so I can assure you that it works perfectly well, it is very responsive by providing the requested power without flinching and without heating. Its use is simple and the buttons are easy to handle.
This Sbody Macro has 8 profiles, dice its ignition (5clicks on the Switch), you are necessarily on one of them. Each profile is intended for a different resistive: kanthal, nickel200, SS316, Titanium, SS304, SS316L, SS304 and No Preheat (to choose a new resistive) and the screen is as follows:
- Battery charge
- Value of resistance
- Temperature limit
- Name of the resistive used
- And power to which you're vaping displayed at wholesale
Whatever your profile is the display you have.
Easy to use, to lock the box just press 5 once on the switch very quickly, the same operation is necessary to unlock it.
You can block the adjustment knobs and continue to vape by simultaneously pressing [+] and [-].
To change the profile, it is necessary to first block the adjustment buttons and then press twice on the [+], then simply scroll through the profiles and validate your choice by switching.
Finally in TC mode you can change the temperature limit, you must first lock the box, simultaneously press the [+] and the [-] during 2 seconds and proceed to the adjustment.
For stealth mode which allows to turn off your screen, if enough to lock the box and maintain during 5 seconds the switch and the [-].
For block the resistanceit is imperative to do this when the resistance is at room temperature. You lock the box and it is necessary to maintain during 2 seconds the switch and the [+].
It is also possible to change the display of your screen graphically visualize the work of your box,
customize the settings and much more, but for that it is necessary to download Escribe via UBS micro cable on the site Evolv
Select the DNA75 chipset and download
After downloading you will need to install it.
Once the installation is complete, you can plug in your box (on) and start the program. Thus you have the possibility to modify at your convenience the SBody Macro or to update your chipset by selecting "tools" then update the firmware.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All up to 23mm in diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: with the Utimo in 1 ohm clapton then 0.3 ohm and the Aromamizer in 0.5 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A SBody Macro with a DNA75 chipset, it is particularly responsive and provides the requested power up to 75W without flinching. A sober and neat look with some improvements compared to his little sister SBody Macro DNA40, as well as an undeniable comfort of use due to its small size and its lightness.
Its use is ultimately quite simple, after a good adaptation and it would have been facilitated by a more complete notice in French.
Its customization can be done via the micro USB cable provided by setting the chipset on the site Evolv
It does not really have a flaw, although cute, its straight line and its matte Silver color coating looks like aluminum, a basic paint. This is a very personal detail of course and some will not agree, but I can not help thinking that aesthetically and considering its price, it lacks a bit of elegance and refinement.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.