- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: TechVapeur
- Price of the tested product: 119 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 W
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The SBody Macro is a mini box with small dimensions, however it provides 40 W and allows you to limit temperature with the use of resistive son Nickel (Ni 200).
Very light, it is also available in different colors. A simple and uncluttered look, the SBody Macro is also a convenient use thanks to its DNA chipset 40 (Evolv), particularly reliable. However, its features are restricted.
It is a high-end product that is not available to all, so, is it really worth the price?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 35
- Product Length or Height in mms: 75
- Product weight in grams: 60
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, gold plated (pine)
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - Mini VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The body of this box is aluminum and its red anodized coating (for my test) seems a little fragile to scratches, it has already undergone two small splinters at the top-cap, near the hood, after a few tests (no violence ). For fingerprints however, there is nothing to say, it is perfect, nothing marks.
While it is small, but it is also very light and it is a significant advantage for those seeking a discreet product.
The buttons are flawless and do not exceed the size of the box, thanks to a curved profile that integrates the switch and the knobs.
The screen is on the front, near the top-cap. Perfectly readable, it displays information in a clear and orderly way.
The hood allowing the insertion of the battery is maintained by two small magnets and when I say small, I should say: mini-magnets. Although the maintenance is sufficient, it remains fragile and easy (too easy) to open during the use of the box.
The overall assembly of the SBody Macro is very well finished, it is a good assembly solidly executed. The spring-loaded pine is gold plated to allow a seamless contact that will last a long time without being affected by oxidation. The 510 connection is made of steel, suitable for many manipulations.
A hole is provided in case of heating, under the access to the micro USB connector, 2mm diameter. A slightly weak opening that does not seem really sufficient for its purpose. As for providing degassing, it remains to be demonstrated.
As for the design of the box, we like or we do not like, but it is rather sober and well done.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the power of the vape course, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
In terms of functionality of this SBody Macro, I must admit that I was disappointed. Certainly, in terms of physical characteristics, it is small, lightweight, ergonomic and reliable with the chipset DNA 40, but in terms of features, I'm really on my hunger!
You can raise and lower your power, block the setting buttons, block the switch and change the operating mode (temp mode) that limits the temperature when your editing uses Ni200 resistive wire only.
The screen basically shows only the power you are steaming, the possible variations are from 1 to 40 watts. It gives you the level of charge of the battery, the value of your resistance and the voltage. If you are on a Ni200 wire and you activate the temperature limitation, you will also have the temperature limit previously set in ° C or ° F, extra on the screen. The limitations range from 100 ° C to 300 ° C or 200 ° F to 600 ° F.
The minimum values of your resistance will be 0.16Ω for the power mode (VW) and 0.10Ω for the temperature setting (TC).
However, I enjoyed the gold-plated spring pin and the charging via the micro USB port.
The diameter of the atomizers can not exceed 22 mm under penalty of exceeding the box. The battery is easy to access, no screw on the cover since it is magnetized, but to get your accumulator in his home you will need a "shoehorn", so space is limited. It is not necessary to tell you that a battery with nipple is totally excluded for this box.
Regarding security, it's a DNA40, so you do not risk anything, all the necessary protections are planned and work well.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? No
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is not at all up to the price and is very regrettable.
It is more for an entry-level product or mid-range at most. In a transparent plastic box is the SBody Macro, lying on a black post-formed plastic, under which is the cable for reloading.
No manual, no serial number, no pre-filled warranty. So, keep your receipt well in case of return because the warranty is mandatory.In lieu of the notice, just a box around the box, serving as an explanatory support, very succinct information and English only.
For a product with more than 100 euros, I think we are making fun of us, because such material still requires some indications, recommendations and precautions of use, as required by the European regulations for devices in contact with an electrical source.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, it is a small wonder that works perfectly well. Very responsive, it provides the requested power without flinching and without heating. It is ergonomic with rounded corners and small size. It fits perfectly in the hand and is discreet in the pockets.
Its use is simple and the buttons are easy to handle without risk of accident, since they are almost embedded in the template.
When the safeties activate, the display flashes and when it is inactive, the display turns off after one minute to save energy. However, if you are steaming sub-ohm, near 40W, pay attention to your consumption because the battery will not last very long.
A simple and practical use, but a box that consumes a lot when it is used to its full potential.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? no particular model
- Description of the test configuration used: with dripper and rebuildable atomizer from 0.3 ohm to 1 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: any 22mm atomizer with resistance values accepted.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This is a little gem that could be worth gold but in reality is rather commonplace.
Its operation is perfect and its use is relatively simple. However, its gold-plated pine and its colored coating can not justify, alone, its price.
It is not possible to regulate the temperature while steaming, but only the power having taken care to adjust the limitation of the temperature beforehand. Certainly, this is not absolutely embarrassing since it works, but it is a choice that we find on less expensive products.
A SBody Macro with a particularly responsive DNA40 chipset, which provides the required power without flinching, a well-groomed look and an undeniable comfort of use.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.