- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech-Steam
- Price of the tested product: 119 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.16 (VW) - 0,10 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
We do not speak more than box, to believe that mods tubes can not integrate as easily the necessary electronic equipment without becoming real lightsaber for mega paluche.C is this technical evolution that can not follow our good old tubes and which nevertheless becomes more and more miniaturized, that we owe this effervescence of parallelepipedic materials if you pass me the expression.
At Vapor Shark, US technology not dedicated to military performance, boxing is known. The alliance of another technology overseas, (certainly peaceful) with Evolv gave birth to some pearls of the kind, dedicated to the geeks in competition with the nature for the making of big clouds, it seems to me that one must to be at 200W and it's probably not over.
Our test of the day concerns yet another pearl but much smaller this one, as much in power as in measurements, it is neither more nor less at the time when I write these lines, of the smallest box VW / 40W TC of the market.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 75
- Product weight in grams: 60
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Gold
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - Vapor Shark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): -
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The object is very light: almost 60g (without the battery) and barely 35mm wide, the shell is matt anodized aluminum (red for the test box). The back side (cover) is united with the word SBODY engraved at the bottom and painted in shiny silver.
The non-functional side is grooved along the entire length in an arc. The face of the screen is pecking with 4 rows of 8 fine punches, located under the screen; a brilliant silver line runs the length of this side on the side, to its right down, we can read the word MACRO engraved and of the same color.
The screen is located in the extension of your ato; framed in black, it dips slightly towards the inside of the hull.
The functional side is grooved in an arc on 27,5mm long for 8mm wide under the connector. At its center this groove accommodates the firing button in black aluminum 10mm diameter, very slightly concave. On 25,5mm a thinner groove presents the 5,5mm settings / mode + and- buttons of diameter distributed in high and low part, also concave. Below you will find the micro USB connector and a degassing hole.
The lid is held in the closed position by 2 magnets a bit feeble who are just doing their job.
The SBody Macro (I would have thought Micro but good ....) Is properly made, the design is also an ergonomic element, the edges are rounded, the 510 connector is stainless steel and its positive pin is gold plated, it s' adjust to your ato, the cover is removed with a finger, it is an interesting product which, a priori, is worth its price.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of this box are of course those of DNA 40D version TC. They have been detailed many times in other excellent chronicles and I will not come back on the whole. Be aware, however, that the TC function only applies to Ni 200 resistive (nickel) in increments of 10 ° F.
the adjustment range is from 200 ° to 600 ° F (if you divide by 2, you get roughly the value in C).
In VW mode, the operating range, adjustable in increments of 0,1W, ranges from 1 to 40W.
The minimum resistance value in VW mode is 0,16 ohm (I do not recommend going down so low). For a Ni200 mount, the minimum value is 0,10 ohm (do not even think about it).
Safety features such as reverse polarity detection, discharged battery (3,35V), excessive internal temperature, improper resistance, short circuit, power off. Alert messages are clear and flashing.
The least effective point of this box is practical and mechanical if I dare say. This is the housing of the battery, it is very small. Your 18650 flat top should be inserted parallel to the cradle of a snap. Do not forget to position the extraction ribbon correctly because the operation will be tricky otherwise.
This miniaturization, if it has good sides, also has consequences. The battery for example, is against the plastic protection of the chipset, overheating of the latter can damage the electronics, because the internal probe is often placed near the positive pole and the connector of the atomizer, too hot a battery will be may not be detected in time.
Another aspect a regrettable bit of this reduction of ribs, your atomizer in 22mm will exceed almost 2mm side buttons, it is not fundamentally embarrassing but it is worth noting. Even the magnets of setting of the cover are on the mode! Consequence, it happens that I open it a little without wanting. It is not vital either (especially since the battery will not fall) but I prefer you to know it.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Here we come to the part that is angry. The clear plastic box like tarot game is thick and relatively well made. Inside, it goes bad: a black post-shaped plastic housing receives the box. Below is the place of the charging cable, and that's it, or almost. The notice is written in English around the box to the same cardboard tape that serves as cache. It is, I think, insufficient and not really legal insofar as it is a multi-function electronic device that must be accompanied by a user manual explaining all the specificities to be controlled by the purchaser.
The note obtained for this part of the protocol is in my opinion justified, especially since it is a high-end product.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This small box works well, the DNA is very responsive, the buttons are pleasant to the touch and the size of the set-up is more discreet.
If it accepts resistance values in ULR (Ultra Low Resistance) from 0,16 ohm, the chipset does not deliver a suitable regulation below 0,35 ohm the ideal is between 0,5 and 0,8 ohm in VW mode (with a maxi 2 ohms), 0,3 and 0,6 ohm (max 1 ohm) in TC mode. This remark will condition your editing because you agree with me that it is useless to go down under 0,3 ohm if you can only deliver 40W.
In addition the DNA 40 pushed to the bottom is quite energy-intensive, expect 2 batteries for the day if you steam to 40W.
The minimum CDM of your battery will be 25A for safety and to avoid overheating with painful consequences. The box "pulls" in continuous vape 16A, for 23A max in peak (at the starting pulse).
The supplied charging module allows you, if your USB output accepts it, to reload to 2Ah which reduces the time to an 1Ah output by half and you can also continue to vape during the operation. (So it will be 4 times longer with the USB hub outlets in 500mAh laptops in general, but the longer it is ... ..)
We went around the little Sbody, it is suitable for a vape that most clearomizers offer. For the drippers, you will have to adapt the fixtures but it remains very functional.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mesh mount, Rebuildable Genesis type metal wick mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any ato in 22mm
- Description of the test configuration used: 18650 35A - Mirage EVO dripper to 0,35 ohm (the limit in my opinion) DC Kanthal 40W
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Avoid mounting under 0,5 ohm and you are spoiled for choice
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is certain that the Sbody is not given, I think however that this price is justified if it lasts a few years. The manufacturer VaporShark provides a guarantee of 4 months and also ensures the replacement or repair of the chipset.
It is also the smallest current box with these features, its many colorful variations make it an object quite suitable for ladies and young ladies over 18 years.
Only shadow on the board, the lack of notice ... Shame to have such a beautiful object without knowing how to exploit the features!
You who will offer this nice box to your half, will certainly have consulted on the Vapelier or elsewhere the many chronicles explaining its operation, so you will remain the essential link in the chain for a serene vape with this beautiful object.
Do not hesitate to leave us your comments and relevant advice on the use of the Sbody Macro, I will be grateful and try to answer your questions as best as I can.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.